The latest Yankees offer for Santana...

NIGHT STALKER

Steinbrenner: Yanks have best offer for Johan

Senior vice president Hank Steinbrenner said Wednesday that he believes the Yankees have made the best offer for Johan Santana, adding that the Twins "are not going to trade him before checking with us one last time."

The New York Daily News speculates that the Yankees' offer includes Phil Hughes, Melky Cabrera, Jeff Marquez and "another prospect" that isn't Ian Kennedy. "We're not desperate, so we're not going to chase anything," Steinbrenner said. "In the next two weeks, we're going to have to get everything done." Jan. 3 - 9:46 am et

Source: New York Daily News

Steinbrenner: Yanks have best offer for Johan

Senior vice president Hank Steinbrenner said Wednesday that he believes the Yankees have made the best offer for Johan Santana, adding that the Twins "are not going to trade him before checking with us one last time."

The New York Daily News speculates that the Yankees' offer includes Phil Hughes, Melky Cabrera, Jeff Marquez and "another prospect" that isn't Ian Kennedy. "We're not desperate, so we're not going to chase anything," Steinbrenner said. "In the next two weeks, we're going to have to get everything done." Jan. 3 - 9:46 am et

Source: New York Daily News

This getting more drawn out then the movie Titanic.

At this point if they make the deal fine. If they don't then that is fine too.

I would really hate to see Melkymania in the Twin Cities but the Twins do need someone to take the place of Hunter.

I don't know much about Marquez so someone would have to fill me in on him but if it were me, I would keep the kids and let them grow.

I think Melky is over rated. WAYYYY over rated. He is a good player, and obviously doesn't cost us much. He reminds me of Ricky Ledee. I just don't see him as an All Star.

Agree with you there. He can be easily replaced. Average but adequate production from a CF, poor range, good arm, decent speed. He's a dime a dozen type of player.

I think Melky is over rated. WAYYYY over rated. He is a good player, and obviously doesn't cost us much. He reminds me of Ricky Ledee. I just don't see him as an All Star.

You don't have to have an All-Star at every postion.

The kid can flat out play the OF with a great arm. He is one of those guys the Yankees have needed the last couple of years. Someone who can go out there and give them a spark.

It is one of the reasons why I am not crazy about the deal. I know to bring in a guy like Santana who have to give up alot but I like these kids they have brought up the last couple of years and would like to them flourish in Yankee pinstripes for a change instead of someone else's jersey.

Agree with you there. He can be easily replaced. Average but adequate production from a CF, poor range, good arm, decent speed. He's a dime a dozen type of player.

But, the Yankees offer trumps every other offer by soooo much.

Gotcha. Melky is easily replaced but the Yankees are giving away teh house.

Archived