Now that at least one of the Ryans is off the table.

DonCorleone

Al davis probably just had his depends on too tight or took the wrong dose of metamucil, I really think this meeting he's gonna have with kiffin will sort some things out. I beleive if he wants to have a successfull team he'll do what his head coach wants and stop doing things over his head. I would pay close attention to ryan's situation, i wouldn't hold my breat, but i'd still keep my fingers crossed.

Al is waiting for Monte Kiffin to come OR to try to get compensation from the Jets... I wouldn't count him out

I was thinking about that but I don't think Al Davis can get compensation for him unless he is a HC or maybe an assistant HC. If he is just a DC, The JETS could sign him & make him a DC/assistant HC. (just a title) We will be losing Mike W. (Special teams coach) next year because of surgery.

How about that DC for the Chargers... Didn't HE look familiar? .... (Herm's scapegoat)

I was thinking about that but I don't think Al Davis can get compensation for him unless he is a HC or maybe an assistant HC. If he is just a DC, The JETS could sign him & make him a DC/assistant HC. (just a title) We will be losing Mike W. (Special teams coach) next year because of surgery.

How about that DC for the Chargers... Didn't HE look familiar? .... (Herm's scapegoat)

You can't be serious. Cottrell was a load. Even I cannot say that Herm scapegoated him. I do think he did that to Hackett. Hackett called the game exactly the way Herm wanted it.

No we can't. To grab someone's OC or DC, we'd have to promote him to HC (or higher). The league doesn't allow lateral moves that are simply accompanied by empty extraneous titles like "asst hc" which isn't a real job.

Al is waiting for Monte Kiffin to come OR to try to get compensation from the Jets... I wouldn't count him out

I agree. Is Rob Ryan coming here? Yes I think so but when or how is a totally different question. My guess is that it will take awhile but that it will get done. ::GoJets:

Archived