At what point do you stop going to the Giant Stadium?

drago

The stadium is no excuse to stop me from going.Its the ticket prices and the product put on the field.4 uppers 1 parking pass $3k. Preseason tix I dont use.The outrageous concession stand prices.It all adds up to asking yourself is it all really worth it? Or could I put the money to better use.I do enjoy the games in person but if the ticket prices go up again I may not renew.Hard decision for a lifelong fan.

The Jets organization is all about EXCUSES the sad part about it is I dont think they care about US the fans.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
The stadium is no excuse to stop me from going.Its the ticket prices and the product put on the field.4 uppers 1 parking pass $3k. Preseason tix I dont use.The outrageous concession stand prices.It all adds up to asking yourself is it all really worth it? Or could I put the money to better use.I do enjoy the games in person but if the ticket prices go up again I may not renew.Hard decision for a lifelong fan.

The Jets organization is all about EXCUSES the sad part about it is I dont think they care about US the fans.

so why have you been a fan for THIS long?

i wonder how much the Jacksonville Jaguars charge for concessions?

im sure their bottled water costs $1, and the Jets are the only team in the world that charges $4.50 for a bottle of water

so why have you been a fan for THIS long?

i wonder how much the Jacksonville Jaguars charge for concessions?

im sure their bottled water costs $1, and the Jets are the only team in the world that charges $4.50 for a bottle of water

I dont care what anyother team charges for anything.Its about principal and feasability.

In case you've never been to a game the reality is far more than a bottle of water at $4.50.

A t-shirt sold at Modells for $14.99 is marketed at the game for $30.00.Do they think we are naive or just dumb.

Ticket prices have gone up year after year yet the venue on the field has gotten worse.How about ticket prices reflect the performance on the field and prices adjusted accordingly.

Talk the hand man cause you just dont get it!

I am one that attends every game and have for 12 years now... I stop going when I can no longer afford it..period. We can sit here and analyze the past few years do we forget the Jets vast history of losing? I enjoy the game day experience and supporting my team. Once the price gets to steep I stop going, until I then I will continue to go to every game.

We need to bring in quality organizational people and pay the money to get the right players-in this area -the promotional and added benefits and opportunities are endlesss for players that do well here.

That's exactly why i posed the question. If i were a ticket owner, i would be getting close to not wanting to renew them. I'm sure i'm preaching to the chior here, but tickets are not cheap, and they are getting more and more expensive. If people don't make a decision on weather it is costing them 'too much', then prices will continue to rise.

Ask any business person, supply and demand, right now there is demand, they are trying to find the point where demand waivers and re-evaluate the situation.

In 1975 I bought 4 season tickets for myself and 3 sons. The price for the entire

season was $420, I repeat $420.

Since that time how many Sbs have they won or even been considered a power house?

As a few of the guys on here know I come up from Florida for a lot of games a year

costing a nice load of scheckels. The seat I sit in costs $95 a game.

The stadium is sold out for every game and there is a waiting list as long as both

your arms. There is a lot of reasons for people giving up there seats, change ofjobs

health, moving, etc. NOt too many on the boards and I have been on them for 10

years have given up the seats because of the Jets performance.

If you lived in East Rutherford and had season tickets don't take it personally

when I say this you are full of it if you say you would give them up. Maybe you

would consider it but that's as far as it would go.

I dont care what anyother team charges for anything.Its about principal and feasability.

In case you've never been to a game the reality is far more than a bottle of water at $4.50.

A t-shirt sold at Modells for $14.99 is marketed at the game for $30.00.Do they think we are naive or just dumb.

Ticket prices have gone up year after year yet the venue on the field has gotten worse.How about ticket prices reflect the performance on the field and prices adjusted accordingly.

Talk the hand man cause you just dont get it!

and thats how it is at every sporting event in the world.

yet you continually support and BITCH about it. i went to 7 of 8 games this year, and all 8 games last year, thats 15 of 16. i understand that **** at games is ridiculously overpriced. i go anyway. fact of life. dont like it? don't go. YOU make the market for the ridiculously overpriced ****. wanna do something about it? stop supporting it. get 80,000 other people to join your cause, the prices will go down. until then, stop bitching about it or stop going. its called...... logic

Signing two consecutive coaches with zero head coaching experience <everyone wanted Mangini here and RAILED about not hiring "retreads">, never making a spalsh with serious free agents <we signed ty law a year ago and we'll make big signings this offseason with the room we have. also, not necessarily indicative of a team ''not caring''. before this season, when did the patriots make ''splashes''?, having a stadium with the wrong team name on it <won't be the case in 2 years>, being called New York and being from New Jersey <irrelevant>

Playing in Jersey while being called New York may be irrelevant, or it may not - but I know this:

Not having your own stadium and playing in "GIANTS STADIUM" is a facking disgrace. Think about how pathetic that is....you cant honestly tell me it doesnt make the Jets franchise look like a 2nd rate franchise. It does.

Playing in Jersey while being called New York may be irrelevant, or it may not - but I know this:

Not having your own stadium and playing in "GIANTS STADIUM" is a facking disgrace. Think about how pathetic that is....you cant honestly tell me it doesnt make the Jets franchise look like a 2nd rate franchise. It does.

That's purely aesthetic.

If you are staring at the big blue "Giants Stadium" logo, you clearly aren't tailgating in the right manner.

my grandfather used to root for the gaints in the 50s

but doesnt anymore because they arent a "New york" team

you know what cures 2nd rate franchises? Winning.

Why does it matter what it says on the outside? You care that fans of other teams think its pathetic that we share a stadium? You think free agents arent signing here because it says Giants Stadium?

Its a dumb issue. It doesnt affect what our team does on Sunday. And in 4 years it'll be a corporate name.

Time to move on from these meaningless issues. Stop caring what others think. Life will be much richer and fuller when you stop caring what people think.

In 1975 I bought 4 season tickets for myself and 3 sons. The price for the entire

season was $420, I repeat $420.

Since that time how many Sbs have they won or even been considered a power house?

As a few of the guys on here know I come up from Florida for a lot of games a year

costing a nice load of scheckels. The seat I sit in costs $95 a game.

The stadium is sold out for every game and there is a waiting list as long as both

your arms. There is a lot of reasons for people giving up there seats, change ofjobs

health, moving, etc. NOt too many on the boards and I have been on them for 10

years have given up the seats because of the Jets performance.

If you lived in East Rutherford and had season tickets don't take it personally

when I say this you are full of it if you say you would give them up. Maybe you

would consider it but that's as far as it would go.

420 is a good #

I am one that attends every game and have for 12 years now... I stop going when I can no longer afford it..period. We can sit here and analyze the past few years do we forget the Jets vast history of losing? I enjoy the game day experience and supporting my team. Once the price gets to steep I stop going, until I then I will continue to go to every game.

I agree. I got my tickets in 1988. I was 18 years old. The ONLY thing that will stop me from going to the games is money. In other words PSLs are the only thing that can squeeze me out at this point.

Woody is on the clock. I hate to sound arrogant but I have missed 3 home games in 20 years. If Woody is going to squeeze someone like me out, that is a bad sign.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

I agree. I got my tickets in 1988. I was 18 years old. The ONLY thing that will stop me from going to the games is money. In other words PSLs are the only thing that can squeeze me out at this point.

Woody is on the clock. I hate to sound arrogant but I have missed 3 home games in 20 years. If Woody is going to squeeze someone like me out, that is a bad sign.

It will be interesting to see what happens.

where does you sit Max mate?

We'll be getting the same type of fan during the regular season that gets tix for the SB.

WHich is great when it is a hot event. But when you are 3 and 12 and playing on Dec 30th, not many "stars" will be there.

Woody should hedge his bet and not f us over. We are dumb and will pay to watch them lose.

and thats how it is at every sporting event in the world.

yet you continually support and BITCH about it. i went to 7 of 8 games this year, and all 8 games last year, thats 15 of 16. i understand that **** at games is ridiculously overpriced. i go anyway. fact of life. dont like it? don't go. YOU make the market for the ridiculously overpriced ****. wanna do something about it? stop supporting it. get 80,000 other people to join your cause, the prices will go down. until then, stop bitching about it or stop going. its called...... logic

Ive missed 7 home games in the last 15 years.You went to 7 of 8 home games this year are you a season ticket holder or did you acquire tickets by other means? I pay a hefty price I pay for the right to BITCH.The point is the overall cost factor involved vs quality of the product on the field.Tickets regular season and pre-season parking all 10 games = alot of money for an inferior product.And a product that does not improve year after year yet prices go up up and away.Who cares right.I dont buy my season tickets someone else will.

Logic you want logic there is no logic when it involves the New York Jets...................

Taking a stand will do nothing because then there will just be more coporate offices and big companies buying the tickets, selling the September games and then after that, unless the team is good, nobody showing up in those seats. The Jets won't care. Why? Because those tickets were already paid for. Plus, when your waiting list is what? 15,000 people, who cares if a few thousand don't renew because there are obviously another 15,000+ who want those very same tickets.

I will never stop going unless it means that to go I'd have to live on the side of the street in NYC. As long as I have a home and car, I will have New York Jets season tickets. I love going to the games, hanging out with friends tailgating, the atmosphere and most importantly, being there live to cheer on your team through thick and thin.

Ive missed 7 home games in the last 15 years.You went to 7 of 8 home games this year are you a season ticket holder or did you acquire tickets by other means? I pay a hefty price I pay for the right to BITCH.The point is the overall cost factor involved vs quality of the product on the field.Tickets regular season and pre-season parking all 10 games = alot of money for an inferior product.And a product that does not improve year after year yet prices go up up and away.Who cares right.I dont buy my season tickets someone else will.

Logic you want logic there is no logic when it involves the New York Jets...................

right. all of it is grossly overpriced, just like all the other teams (that suck). so, the question becomes, are YOU willing to grin and bear it and continue to help create the market for the gross overpricing, or will YOU take a stand and stop supporting it. plain and simple

Taking a stand will do nothing because then there will just be more coporate offices and big companies buying the tickets, selling the September games and then after that, unless the team is good, nobody showing up in those seats. The Jets won't care. Why? Because those tickets were already paid for. Plus, when your waiting list is what? 15,000 people, who cares if a few thousand don't renew because there are obviously another 15,000+ who want those very same tickets.

I will never stop going unless it means that to go I'd have to live on the side of the street in NYC. As long as I have a home and car, I will have New York Jets season tickets. I love going to the games, hanging out with friends tailgating, the atmosphere and most importantly, being there live to cheer on your team through thick and thin.

Absolutley 100% true its a matter of personal principal and affordability.

people bash the Jets for not trying but that's BS

the 2007 team lost what? 8 games by a TD or less? and this was after getting whamboozled by a Patriots juggernaut in week 1, a team that was so good, no one has beaten them all year. They have two HOF locks on offense and a HOF lock at HC. anyone on the Jets with half a brain knew the division and probably conference were done deals after that game.

that's the x factor here, the Jets are in the division with the Pats. We have to get real.

What you are saying would be like a Red Sox fan complaining that the late 90's teams didn't "try hard enough" to beat the Yankees. Or the early 90's knicks didn't "try hard enough" to beat the Bulls.

They try, they just aren't as good. They came up close several times with wild card finishes - and while that "wasn't good enough either" for fans you gotta give the devil his due on this one.

Sometimes you are stuck in the divsion with a juggernaut. It doesn't mean you aren't trying but it does mean there is no amount of money you can give free agents to overcome that problem.

forget about the pats. we won four games, no matter how you slice it we beat a four win Chiefs team, a one win dolphin team, and a massively over hyped Pittsburgh team. Excuse me for losing faith in all facets of the organization.

you know what cures 2nd rate franchises? Winning.

Why does it matter what it says on the outside? You care that fans of other teams think its pathetic that we share a stadium? You think free agents arent signing here because it says Giants Stadium?

Its a dumb issue. It doesnt affect what our team does on Sunday. And in 4 years it'll be a corporate name.

Time to move on from these meaningless issues. Stop caring what others think. Life will be much richer and fuller when you stop caring what people think.

Could you see the Yankees playing in "Shea Stadium" every year? I think not.

Having our own stadium (NY or NJ) would give us some identity, which this franchise clearly lacks. Seriously, who the hell plays in a stadium of another teams name? Its engrained in your mind and you lose sight of just how pathetic it truly is.

With the Jets not putting as much effort into the franchise as i feel most of you are, at what point do you say enough is enough?

I dont think the Jets arent putting in the effort in to try and build a winner. Its not as easy as people think it is to build a winner. The team is trying their best to put a winner on the field. And maybe we disagree on how they are doing it. But at no point do I think they arent trying. For me, I will stop going when the price exceeds what I can afford to pay. That will probably be around the time the new stadium opens.

I remember the Steeler game where a lot of you were calling out other fans for selling their tickets to the Steelers. Why is that a problem?

It is all based on your point of view. I am a die-hard fan. I will go win or lose as long as I can afford the tickets. Others arent so dedicated and only want to support the team when they are successful. The problem is that die-hards feel all season ticket holders should be die-hard fans, and suffer like the rest of us. But that isnt realistic. Most people want to be associated with winners. They dont like being around losers.

But if someone spend time on a jets messageboard, I would think they are a die-hard fan, who goes through the ups and downs of a franchise. You understand the love and dedication for your team. Why would you abandon them when they suck? If you love your team, you support them win or lose. If you're a casual fan, you stop going and tune the team out until they are successful.

The Jets are making no attempt to become an upper-echelon team, and some don

Archived