At what point do you stop going to the Giant Stadium?

drago

Playing in Jersey while being called New York may be irrelevant, or it may not - but I know this:

Not having your own stadium and playing in "GIANTS STADIUM" is a facking disgrace. Think about how pathetic that is....you cant honestly tell me it doesnt make the Jets franchise look like a 2nd rate franchise. It does.

When I attended the games, I never went to "Giants" Stadium. I went to the Meadowlands and my family and fellow Jets Fans went to the Meadowlands also. If I were the owner of the Jets and was playing in a baseball stadium forced to play some of your home games on the road because of baseball schedule, I would jump at the chance to play my team in a football stadium, even if it did have the name of another team. The other team is not in the same conference and we do not regularly compete against each other and when we do their is no conflict of schedule. And they can play in Timbuktu and still be called NY etc., because the franchise is purchased from NY. They cannot be called a NJ team, because neither the Giants nor the Jets have purchased Franchises from New Jersey. I would add one more thing. New York is a

giants town. They were here first and even though it was the Jets who put the AFL on the Map and was instrumental in forming the NFL, the Giants get the nod from the Suits of the Oak paneled walls and the Jets will get the younger more boisterous crowd of today. At the New stadium, with the corporate boxes, their will be more people of privilege at the games of both teams. That's the way it goes.

• Replies 137
  • Created
  • Last Reply
forget about the pats. we won four games, no matter how you slice it we beat a four win Chiefs team, a one win dolphin team, and a massively over hyped Pittsburgh team. Excuse me for losing faith in all facets of the organization.

Our team had a disappointing season. It wasn't the first and it probably won't be the last. It's over now and we move on. They'll get rid of the dead wood that they can and look to sign players that will improve our chances to get to the post season in 2008. With all the parity in the league today, teams can be dismal one year and good the next. I have faith that Tangini et al are going in the right direction. We will see our Jets win the close games next year and we will beat the Patriots too. Dynasty or no dynasty.

You can say that about every team that A) doesn't make the playoffs and B) doesn't win the Super Bowl.

Be careful everyone, you might hurt yourself jumping on and off the bandwagon.

BZ

I'm not jumping off any band wagon I was NEVER on it BZ..Of course every team needs more talent..We obviously have holes to fill which is my point..Putting the blame on Mangini and Tanny is not accurate and they need time to build it correctly which I believe they are doing. There have been a couple errors but ALL teams make them.By the way whats wrong with the Patriot blue print as another poster stated..

My sentiments exactly. I can't go to the games anymore because of health reasons, but for close to forty years, I attended every home game. I was at the Polo Grounds, Shea, Yale, Yankee Stadium, Giants Stadium. Win or loss, I stayed to the very end. Very rarely took the car. Used to go out on a bus from the Port Authority. I would still be going to the games if I could. I can't, so I watch the games on TV. I live in a very small matchbook apartment , but I bought a 64inch Panasonic HD TV for the express purpose of watching the games. I also bought a 40inch HD Olevia for my bedroom because sometimes I have to stay in bed. I miss going to the games. I miss the crowd noise and the general atmosphere of gameday. Joe Namoth aside, Ken O'Brien is my Jets QB. I support whomever is the QB though. Kenny was not known for speed, but he had a great arm and if it weren't for that damned "in the grasp" rule he would have had many more completions. So you see, I do not dispute the fact that he might have held the ball a little too long on occasion, he was called sacked when the opposing player touched him. That rule no longer applies. Today, the QB can keep moving and wiggling as long as he keeps possession of the ball and doesn't pass the line of scrimmage, he can throw the pass or throw it away. I like Pennington, but I would take O'Brien over Pennington any day. Jury is out on Clemens, but if he doesn't learn pocket presence and the faster pace of the pro game then he is not our QB of the future, he is just a competent backup QB. It will be interesting this off season and I hope the draft is as good as last year's was for us. -Go Jets-:character42:

Thanks for sharing that.

You can say that about every team that A) doesn't make the playoffs and B) doesn't win the Super Bowl.

BZ

for the record, i've never jumped on or off the jets bandwagon. The only thing i would reconsider is if i owned season tickets weather or not to renew them. To me, at this point, it seems too much to give up in terms of money and time to own season tickets.

To each there own, but this doesn't mean i or anyone else on this side of the fence, is now 'anti-jets'.

for the record, i've never jumped on or off the jets bandwagon. The only thing i would reconsider is if i owned season tickets weather or not to renew them. To me, at this point, it seems too much to give up in terms of money and time to own season tickets.

To each there own, but this doesn't mean i or anyone else on this side of the fence, is now 'anti-jets'.

The only way I don't renew season tix is if the PSL pricing is just too crazy.

BZ

Talk about any Jets bandwagon is not allowed after a 4 win season. :roll:

I'm not jumping off any band wagon I was NEVER on it BZ..Of course every team needs more talent..We obviously have holes to fill which is my point..Putting the blame on Mangini and Tanny is not accurate and they need time to build it correctly which I believe they are doing. There have been a couple errors but ALL teams make them.By the way whats wrong with the Patriot blue print as another poster stated..

Pay him no mind. He's just an annoying brown noser. :lol:

The only way I don't renew season tix is if the PSL pricing is just too crazy.

There should only be 3 answers to this question (1) NS answer above ,the only legit answer to walking away and stop comming into the stadium by choice (2) When they blow up those GS signs along with the rest of the place when it officially is taken down. (3) When I die .....

There should only be 3 answers to this question (1) NS answer above ,the only legit answer to walking away and stop comming into the stadium by choice (2) When they blow up those GS signs along with the rest of the place when it officially is taken down. (3) When I die .....

Found this article...

THERE YOU GO, THERE YOU GO, THERE YOU GO, THERE YOU GO

Cowboys' season ticket prices reach ridiculous level!

How much would you be willing to pay for a season-ticket with your favorite NFL team?

How about for a seat-license, which is a new feature that allows someone to purchase seats in new stadiums?

If you're a current Dallas Cowboys season-ticket holder, your day probably didn't start out exactly the way you had envisioned. Not because your Big Montana clogged the toilet, but because the Cowboys released ticket prices for its new state-of-the-art $1 billion stadium.

These prices bring a whole new meaning to the phrase, "Die-hard fan."

Via Dallasnews.com Mark Zable expected to pay a pretty price to continue his lifelong devotion to the Dallas Cowboys.

But what he got when he visited the Cowboys this week to hear the team's sales pitch was severe sticker shock

It is an interesting question.

The moment they started talking seriously about WSS I knew my days as a season ticket holder were numbered. There was going to be no way I could actually justify spending even $5,000 per seat just for the right to spend another $1,000 every year to buy season tickets.

That is going to a question alot of season ticket holders are going to have to ask themselves. Is it worth it ?

I think when it gets to a point where it starts making a dent in your year-to-year cost of living it is time to let it go. Especially for a product that for the past 40 years has been generally pretty sh!tty.

cowboy fans? sounds like those tickets could only be purchased by CEO's, or the companies themselves. The whole money part of the game is really getting out of hand.

how do you think jones is financing his own stadium?

he doesn''t realize, he will lose any home field advantage as these corporate

stiffs will be sitting on their hands!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

maybe this doesn't make me a "real" fan but as a general rule i prefer watching a game at home or at a bar with other jets fans. i love going to a game every now and then but on occaisions where i've gone to more than 2 or 3 a season it loses something to me and i start thinking more about the pain in the ass factor than the enjoyment and excitment of being there. diminishing returns.

On a side note, with the hefty price tags they're predicting, a lot of us won't be going to the games and thus won't be seeing each other anymore. That's from a fan perspective...the owners couldn't give a **** less as long as those corporate ties are putting their asses in the seats.

maybe this doesn't make me a "real" fan but as a general rule i prefer watching a game at home or at a bar with other jets fans. i love going to a game every now and then but on occaisions where i've gone to more than 2 or 3 a season it loses something to me and i start thinking more about the pain in the ass factor than the enjoyment and excitment of being there. diminishing returns.

I don't go to too many games, maybe one a year at most, but i really like watching from a bar with the rest of the fans. It's a fun atmosphere, better prices on much better food, no parking hassels.

It's a win-lose, they are nice to watch in person, but not all the time.

Found this article...

THERE YOU GO, THERE YOU GO, THERE YOU GO, THERE YOU GO

Cowboys' season ticket prices reach ridiculous level!

How much would you be willing to pay for a season-ticket with your favorite NFL team?

How about for a seat-license, which is a new feature that allows someone to purchase seats in new stadiums?

If you're a current Dallas Cowboys season-ticket holder, your day probably didn't start out exactly the way you had envisioned. Not because your Big Montana clogged the toilet, but because the Cowboys released ticket prices for its new state-of-the-art $1 billion stadium.

These prices bring a whole new meaning to the phrase, "Die-hard fan."

Via Dallasnews.com Mark Zable expected to pay a pretty price to continue his lifelong devotion to the Dallas Cowboys.

But what he got when he visited the Cowboys this week to hear the team's sales pitch was severe sticker shock

There will be no regular fans anymore when they release the prices- meet me at the bar to watch all the games

Do you think I`m going to go on supporting the team after it gives me the big middle finger by priceing me out of my seats ,you should know me better Frank. The fact that I haven`t stepped into MSG since along with Cancelling CableVision & getting Direct TV the day after Dolan started fighting and Successfully killed our own stadium in NYC....

Do you think I`m going to go on supporting the team after it gives me the big middle finger by priceing me out of my seats ,you should know me better Frank. The fact that I haven`t stepped into MSG since along with Cancelling CableVision & getting Direct TV the day after Dolan started fighting and Successfully killed our own stadium in NYC....

I know Chris the loyal and dedicated Jet fans like you will get screwed with the prices they will probably charge and it will make me more than happy to watch at a bar.

Joisey, I know Jumba was against the WSS...you guys didn't get into any big brawls over that did you? I was for the WSS and it wasn't pretty pitting Jet fans against each other like that...Jumba and I got into some real heated debates on the boards.

Joisey, I know Jumba was against the WSS...you guys didn't get into any big brawls over that did you? I was for the WSS and it wasn't pretty pitting Jet fans against each other like that...Jumba and I got into some real heated debates on the boards.

Thomas & I had a few heated conversations over a few beers on the Subject , I think it came down mostly to the people who felt Tailgateing was more important and would be lost in the WSS (These folks were for Sharing the stadium w the G-men ) & the folks like myself who felt having our own stadium & our own Identity was more important. (these are the folks who were for the WSS...I never really felt the traveling was a big deal ,those of us from NJ who have been long time fans had already previously traveled to Shea for games in the past & the fans from LI while crying about it since 1984 were already traveling to NJ ..... When ever Bruno & Silver Run again every JET & giant fan should vote them out

I am with you Faba, I will be at the bar as well and put the money usually spent on season tickets to some more road trips... will be a sad day when I see my team play more on the road than at home.

yup. PSLs are ludicrous. just buy tix for the games you want on stubhub.com and that way you don't have the hassle of getting rid of tix for games you can't go to or paying for ****ty preseason games.

Could you see the Yankees playing in "Shea Stadium" every year? I think not.

Having our own stadium (NY or NJ) would give us some identity, which this franchise clearly lacks. Seriously, who the hell plays in a stadium of another teams name? Its engrained in your mind and you lose sight of just how pathetic it truly is.

Yes. I could if there was no other option. But baseball plays 81 home games. That is totally different.

Whether our team has an identity only matters to people who give a crap what others think about them. If it bothers you so much then stop being a fan. Its simple. If its so embarrasing stop rooting for them. If we were having the success the Pats are having it wouldnt matter where the games are played.

Sharing a stadium is nearly impossible in most cities since most cities only have one team. Football you have 10 home games every year. Why have a stadium that only hosts 10 events?

Baseball is totally different since it has 81 home games. The better comparison is hockey and basketball. There are arenas all over the country that are used for hockey and basketball. Sure there are facilities that are hockey or basketball only, but they are few and far.

Football is a totally different sport than all others. It only has 10 home games a year. Is it really smart for an owner or a city to build a BILLION dollar stadium for 10 events? How can they recoup the investment with so few events?

Maybe its time for people to stop thinking its pathetic and see it is as smart. But I guess when you tie up your identity on whether or not we have our own stadium you cant see the reasons why.

Yes. I could if there was no other option. But baseball plays 81 home games. That is totally different.

Whether our team has an identity only matters to people who give a crap what others think about them. If it bothers you so much then stop being a fan. Its simple. If its so embarrasing stop rooting for them. If we were having the success the Pats are having it wouldnt matter where the games are played.

Sharing a stadium is nearly impossible in most cities since most cities only have one team. Football you have 10 home games every year. Why have a stadium that only hosts 10 events?

Baseball is totally different since it has 81 home games. The better comparison is hockey and basketball. There are arenas all over the country that are used for hockey and basketball. Sure there are facilities that are hockey or basketball only, but they are few and far.

Football is a totally different sport than all others. It only has 10 home games a year. Is it really smart for an owner or a city to build a BILLION dollar stadium for 10 events? How can they recoup the investment with so few events?

Maybe its time for people to stop thinking its pathetic and see it is as smart. But I guess when you tie up your identity on whether or not we have our own stadium you cant see the reasons why.

Yeah, you are right. Woody is a frickin genius and every other NFL owner who has a team with their own stadium is a moron. It is pathetic, end of story.

Yes. I could if there was no other option.

Here`s How they recoup their investment .First $25 million to $30 million a year for the outside stadium naming rights they get twice as much tv time cause they get twice as many home games & twice the chance to get tv time during the playoffs. So that is $750 million- $900 million over the 30 year life of the new stadium ,Now they are going to have naming rights for each of the 4 stadium entrances Lets say 2.5 million a year per entrance thats 10 million per year & 300 million more over 30 years ,so now you at 1 Billion - 1.2 Billion ((remember the stadium was only going to be 1.6 billion total ) now we have the 4 giant scoreboards they are going to sell naming rights for since these will get seen more then the entrances we`ll charge the same amount 2.5 million each per year ,we are now at 1.3- 1.6 Billion ,now lets not forget the $300 million the NFL is fronting us ,we are now at 1.6 billion -1.9 billion raised so far with out having to take $1 from m e yet ....Now we got those of you saying yea but the guy has to pay for the players & make a profit .their will be 200 luxory Suites starting at $250,000 - $1,000,000,000 per season at the low number thats $50,000,000 a year that covers the cap at the low ball rate ,now you still have 80,000 seats for both the Jets & Giants which will be around $300 per ticket if you look at the Dallas figures & 4,000 (2,000 each) club seats) + parking $$$$ , concession $$$$ ....So the cash is there to pay for this .And don`t forget all the other events that will be going on in this place that Woody & company will be making bucks off of ........So I ask why does he need to charge me and every other Football fan season ticket holder $7,500 - $25,000 PSL per ticket (these figures are 1/2 the Dallas rate cause I figure we are splitting it with the G-man hopefully) .If Woody and the Maras raised ticket $75 per ticket for both teams instead of tis insane PSL , they`d` still get more then enough cash from me & the rest of us & I & the rest of the life long fans could keep our tickets........Thank You!

I really hope that if there are PSL's that they are not to the point where I cannot afford them. If they are, 4HCrew, I'm with you on the fact that it will be a sad, sad thing to know that we'd do probably three road games a year and one home game at best.

Ravens have PSLs as do many NFL teams.

****ing bull**** if you as me.

But here is the breakdown of how much it costs in Baltimore to buy a PSL.

http://www.baltimoreravens.com/Tickets/Default.aspx?id=208

Gonna be a pretty pathetic, white collar crowd if this goes into effect.

Picture1-4.png

Then my lower level sideline tickets should be $2,500 per ticket/ $10,000 for my 4 tickets total (still a lot of cash, but more reasonable then $15,000 -$50,000 per ticket ) cause we will be splitting it with the giants season ticket holders .So as I said before raise ticket prices $50 a game & put that towards the PSL & 500 per year, per ticket towards the PSL thats $5,000 after 10 years ,$15,000 after 30 years x 4 tickets would be $60,000 a lot more then the $10,000 but folks might have a better shot at comming up with $2,000 instead of $10,000. Hey at least i`m throwing options out there

Archived