Philip Rivers had surgery in order to play in AFC Title game

K2C

He has a big mouth but the times he talked this year he had an average or above average performancce. Its not like he is sucks while he talks.

Is he a free agent or do we have to trade???

I beleive he's a FA..might be restricted though..

http://sports.espn.go.com/nfl/news/story?id=3207105

I hope we make a run at this guy. Great competitor and leaves it out on the field. A fine QB.

hes not a choir boy enough for Mangini! thats what Andre Wallsworth and Michael Haynes are for!!1

seriously though, i think we need to live or die with KC for the next few years, Chad is our veteran, we dont need another one, i think its time for the team and Mangini to live or die with KC, and when it turns into another mess, move on to the next coach and quarterback until we get it right

I WANT RIVERS AS OUR QUARTERBACK!!!! Give a 2nd, a 4th round pick in this years draft, and our first in next years draft, and hell give them a 3rd also nex year. TANGINI GO GET HIM!!!!

Trade 2 first day picks(we got Revis and Harris with 2 picks near the quality what this years 2nd and a first will be next year), and 2 more picks that could most likely come in and compete if not GET the starting job(starting o-linemen are found in the 3rd and 4th rounds, as we've seen the past couple of years)?

Forget the fact that SD would demand a 1st rounder this year, more than likely, and that they're unlikely to want to give him up unless that knee is going to be a huge problem from here on out....

Even forget that funky throwing motion of his, or the fact that he's downgrading from a top notch talented team(LT, Gates, Chambers, and a very good o-line).

You do realize that coming out of college Rivers was highly touted because of his high completion percentage, right? I guess thats exactly what we should be looking for. Someone who completes a high % of passes :P

I WANT RIVERS AS OUR QUARTERBACK!!!! Give a 2nd, a 4th round pick in this years draft, and our first in next years draft, and hell give them a 3rd also nex year. TANGINI GO GET HIM!!!!

are you nuts? No Way!

Is it me or does he look just like Ryan Leaf?

Trade 2 first day picks(we got Revis and Harris with 2 picks near the quality what this years 2nd and a first will be next year), and 2 more picks that could most likely come in and compete if not GET the starting job(starting o-linemen are found in the 3rd and 4th rounds, as we've seen the past couple of years)?

Forget the fact that SD would demand a 1st rounder this year, more than likely, and that they're unlikely to want to give him up unless that knee is going to be a huge problem from here on out....

Even forget that funky throwing motion of his, or the fact that he's downgrading from a top notch talented team(LT, Gates, Chambers, and a very good o-line).

You do realize that coming out of college Rivers was highly touted because of his high completion percentage, right? I guess thats exactly what we should be looking for. Someone who completes a high % of passes :P

I'm not sure exactly what the deal is with Rivers, from what I've heard he has an opt out of his contract and can potentially become an Unrestricted Free Agent. If that's the case the Jets need to make a serious run at him or Derek Anderson.

I could care less about his throwing motion as long as the passes get there. Rivers has proven himself as a QB on this level.

I am not satisfied going into next season with Kellen Clemens as the starter and Tangini signing some veteran scrub with no real chance at the starting job to be the back-up. Kellen Clemens is not terrible but he is not good either.

am i the only one who thought Rivers looked like a taller version of Chad Pennington....He was floating the balls and underthrowing alot which caused some of the interceptions.....plus the guy does seem to act like a douche sometimes...

props for the surgery and wanting to play unlike the whiner L. Tomlinson

am i the only one who thought Rivers looked like a taller version of Chad Pennington....He was floating the balls and underthrowing alot which caused some of the interceptions.....plus the guy does seem to act like a douche sometimes...

props for the surgery and wanting to play unlike the whiner L. Tomlinson

He couldn't step into his throws, all year he's been playing with a knee injury.

He has a cannon normally though.

I didn't like him as a QB aftersome of his play at the beginning of the season but I wasn't aware of his injury. He really stepped up toward the end of the season though. He really showed a lot of heart in the playoffs though, he earned of a lot of respect from me, I'm not a big fan of his jawing but if he plays well it's not a problem. No way in Hell San Diego lets him go.

I'm not sure exactly what the deal is with Rivers, from what I've heard he has an opt out of his contract and can potentially become an Unrestricted Free Agent. If that's the case the Jets need to make a serious run at him or Derek Anderson.

I could care less about his throwing motion as long as the passes get there. Rivers has proven himself as a QB on this level.

I am not satisfied going into next season with Kellen Clemens as the starter and Tangini signing some veteran scrub with no real chance at the starting job to be the back-up. Kellen Clemens is not terrible but he is not good either.

Rivers and the club agreed to a 2008 and 2009 option for him to stay in SD.

Not sure what he has after 2009.

He also has a completely torn right ACL

It was partially torn last I checked. If it was completely torn he'd be unable to walk.

Philip Rivers' ACL is completely torn and will need reconstructive surgery.

Initial reports were he only had a partial tear. Rivers maintains he will be ready by the start of training camp, but previous timetables regarding these injuries indicate that's optimistic. Carson Palmer had a similarly timed injury and made it back for Week 1, but wasn't quite the same for awhile.

Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

Philip Rivers' ACL is completely torn and will need reconstructive surgery.

Initial reports were he only had a partial tear. Rivers maintains he will be ready by the start of training camp, but previous timetables regarding these injuries indicate that's optimistic. Carson Palmer had a similarly timed injury and made it back for Week 1, but wasn't quite the same for awhile.

Source: San Diego Union-Tribune

Rivers on one leg is better than Kellen Clemens.

Archived