Eric's State of the Jets

Kentucky Jet

Mangini's State of Jets

By Lee Roberts, Jets Confidential

Posted Jan 22, 2008

Here is Eric Mangini's overview of what happened in 2007 and what needs to happen in 2008:

I told the players really the same thing that I told them last year. Last year at this point, I shared with them the fact that we don't get to start at 10-6; you don't get to start in the first round of the playoffs; and that each year is its own unique year. That was the message again, you don't start at 4-12. That season is in the books.

I thanked them for their effort. I thought they handled a very difficult season with a lot of character and class. Sometimes you get in situations like this where there's finger pointing and the work isn't as consistent as it should be, but I never felt that way with this group of guys. I thought they continued to work.

We are starting on is evaluating the whole roster. Looking at the things that we need to do in terms of the players that we have, developing those players, evaluating those players, looking at the system and what we can improve. Looking at the organization and the things that we can improve.

It

I believe he did say they would evaluate ALL ASPECTS..I thought it was an honest well thought out response to the season and what there going to do to move forward. He took responsibility. He didn't throw anyone under the bus or blame anyone..A good professional answer to close out 2007-2008 season.....Move on.

how about taking the time to evaluate the front office mistakes..

It's all fluff. No actual information here.

A typical Mangini news conference.

Coaches that give out actual information at a news conference are either morons or incredibly naive. I think that he can't admit to the front office mistakes without throwing players under the bus. To say "we really missed the boat at LG" would be a personal insult to Clarke. Simply replace him and move on. It won't help anybody to bad mouth the guy. He tried, he just blows.

Coaches that give out actual information at a news conference are either morons or incredibly naive. I think that he can't admit to the front office mistakes without throwing players under the bus. To say "we really missed the boat at LG" would be a personal insult to Clarke. Simply replace him and move on. It won't help anybody to bad mouth the guy. He tried, he just blows.

good analysis 27. Did anyone expect him to go down the 53 man aroster and

give his opinion of each one? We'll see how things will be going when FA time comes

around and how they do in the draft.

good analysis 27. Did anyone expect him to go down the 53 man aroster and

give his opinion of each one? We'll see how things will be going when FA time comes

around and how they do in the draft.

right around the time that this site was created Bradway and Edwards did a State Of The Jets PC...in that meeting they said they had identified 22 core players, which at the time included Lamont Jordan-who was very much in their future plans, Kareem McKenzie and Doug Brien-I'd like to see who this FO figures to be THIER 22 core players going forward.

right around the time that this site was created Bradway and Edwards did a State Of The Jets PC...in that meeting they said they had identified 22 core players, which at the time included Lamont Jordan-who was very much in their future plans, Kareem McKenzie and Doug Brien-I'd like to see who this FO figures to be THIER 22 core players going forward.

IT;S A 3 TO 4 YEAR BUILDING PROGRAM, JUST LOOK AT THE PACKERS, AND THEY HAVE A HALL OF FAME QB

IT;S A 3 TO 4 YEAR BUILDING PROGRAM, JUST LOOK AT THE PACKERS, AND THEY HAVE A HALL OF FAME QB

Patience is something people around here are short of DACHUMS, but its something we need. Mike and Eric will get it done I am buying a lot of Tangini stock and when I'm right about it my gloat will be a virus that will destroy all the dark siders. HAHAHAHAHA

Patience is something people around here are short of DACHUMS, but its something we need. Mike and Eric will get it done I am buying a lot of Tangini stock and when I'm right about it my gloat will be a virus that will destroy all the dark siders. HAHAHAHAHA

teams go from top 10 dp's to the playoffs all the time in this era-what IS the 3-4 year plan anyway? Is it build through the draft by getting 2-3 starters every year until we get 22 starters? Why not supplement the draft picks with some impact free agents and maybe even some guys who might not otherwise be "Mangini type" players? Oh yea that's right we need chiorboys to act as community role models on Long Island...winning is a secondary consideration

teams go from top 10 dp's to the playoffs all the time in this era-what IS the 3-4 year plan anyway? Is it build through the draft by getting 2-3 starters every year until we get 22 starters? Why not supplement the draft picks with some impact free agents and maybe even some guys who might not otherwise be "Mangini type" players? Oh yea that's right we need chiorboys to act as community role models on Long Island...winning is a secondary consideration

Last year the FO saw opportunity in trading up to get Revis and Harris. I didnt like the Harris deal but jeez both have worked out incredibly well. But the downside was a decreased influx of overall talent. I see them going the opposite route this year. Trade some vets, add some picks and bring in 7-10 rookies and 2-4 FAs to compete and upgrade throughout the roster. How's that for an optomistic viewpoint?

Last year the FO saw opportunity in trading up to get Revis and Harris. I didnt like the Harris deal but jeez both have worked out incredibly well. But the downside was a decreased influx of overall talent. I see them going the opposite route this year. Trade some vets, add some picks and bring in 7-10 rookies and 2-4 FAs to compete and upgrade throughout the roster. How's that for an optomistic viewpoint?

that's exactly what I hope they do-but move that FA number closer to 4 instead of two and make them be IMPACT FA vets-over at JI someone was saying that Detroit is ready to move Shaun Rodgers-but we all KNOW what's gonna happen there already...

What we need to do is dump these liberal types (doves) and get some conservative type (hawks) in here and maybe we'll start kicking some ass.

that's exactly what I hope they do-but move that FA number closer to 4 instead of two and make them be IMPACT FA vets-over at JI someone was saying that Detroit is ready to move Shaun Rodgers-but we all KNOW what's gonna happen there already...

whats the difference? we will still find a way to f**k it up...Its the Jets for Gods sake :confused:

Archived