Falcons set to release as many as 12 Players

C-Mart28

The Falcons have released veteran defensive tackle, Rod Coleman. The team could also be on the brink of releasing up to a dozen players including:

QB Byron Leftwich

QB Joey Harrington

RB Warrick Dunn

WR Joe Horn

S Lawyer Milloy

LB Keith Brooking.

From Jets Central via Atlantic-Journal Constitution

So any one we might be interested in?

Im thinking one of the QBs for backup if Pennington's gone.

man throwin acouple good players away dunn, brooking, and milloy. lets see how many end up with the patriots now.

No chance with Dunn. Brooking is the most likely with Milloy maybe having a slim chance. Not sure he left on real good terms and I don't think Belichick was much of a fan to begin with.

No chance with Dunn. Brooking is the most likely with Milloy maybe having a slim chance. Not sure he left on real good terms and I don't think Belichick was much of a fan to begin with.

milloy is too old...then again so is harrison but then again HGH is a wonderful thing. I woudln't be suprirised if someone signed Milloy only to cut him in camp.

I'd love to see Brooking get a call from the Jets FO...hopefully he doesn't hang up on them while laughing his ass off.

milloy is too old...then again so is harrison but then again HGH is a wonderful thing. I woudln't be suprirised if someone signed Milloy only to cut him in camp.

I'd love to see Brooking get a call from the Jets FO...hopefully he doesn't hang up on them while laughing his ass off.

I wouldn't want to bring him in as a full time starter. He would be fine as a situational player. Maybe play a little free safety on obvious running downs. Him and Harrison both would be like a couple extra linebackers.

Official release

Falcons release seven players, including Crumpler

ESPN.com news services

Updated: February 15, 2008, 1:49 PM ET

The Atlanta Falcons continued their franchise makeover in earnest on Friday, releasing tight eend Alge Crumpler, quarterback quarterback Byron Leftwich, offensive tackle Wayne Gandy and four other players.

Teh team also announced it had released cornerback Lewis Sanders, wide receiver Jamin Elliott, linebacker Marcus Wilkins and defensive tackle Rod Coleman.

"This is a difficult day for the entire organization," Falcons GM Thomas Dimitroff said in a statement from the team. "A number of these players have contributed to this organization on and off the field at a high level and we greatly appreciate their efforts. These decisions weren't easy, but we felt they were necessary to build a team in the long-term best interest of the Falcons and its fans."

Crumpler, who just completed his seventh season, all with Atlanta, has 316 career catches for 4,212 yards and 35 touchdowns. He had been with the team since 2001 and was selected to five Pro Bowls.

Leftwich, formerly a starter for the Jacksonville Jaguars, was acquired by the Falcons during the season, was acquired by the Falcons after the Jaguars released him in order to go with David Garrard. He alternated with Joey Harrington as the Falcons' starter last season.

they didn't release crumpler...unless i'm missing something.

FTA: The Atlanta Falcons released seven players on Friday including: tight end Alge Crumpler, quarterback Byron Leftwich, offensive tackle Wayne Gandy, cornerback Lewis Sanders, wide receiver Jamin Elliott, linebacker Marcus Wilkins and defensive tackle Rod Coleman.

http://www.nfl.com/news/story?id=09000d5d806b3ace&template=with-video&confirm=true

The Falcons have released veteran defensive tackle, Rod Coleman. The team could also be on the brink of releasing up to a dozen players including:

QB Byron Leftwich

QB Joey Harrington

RB Warrick Dunn

WR Joe Horn

S Lawyer Milloy

LB Keith Brooking.

From Jets Central via Atlantic-Journal Constitution

So any one we might be interested in?

Im thinking one of the QBs for backup if Pennington's gone.

http://www.kffl.com/hotw/nfl

Crumpler would be good. Him and baker in a 2 TE set would be great over the middle. Still would need someone to stretch the field though.

Either of those QBs could end up here if Pennington is traded?

i highly highly doubt it. lefty is way too much $$ and i would never touch joey harrington.

PS this also means that ATL is probably gonna go QB in the draft, which means we could have DMC in our laps

:rl: What are you going to do with Leftwich? You already have the original slow, average qb from Marshall. Why go for the cheap immitation?

Stronger arm and can stretch the field (As a back up). With the addition of Crumpler, Coles, and Cotchery we can do some damage. Also, with free agent aqcuisition on the O-line we can focus on defense early in the draft.

Stronger arm and can stretch the field (As a back up). With the addition of Crumpler, Coles, and Cotchery we can do some damage. Also, with free agent aqcuisition on the O-line we can focus on defense early in the draft.

By time Leftwich winds up and releases, even with his strong arm, the defenders are in position. That man's release can be measured with a sundial.

By time Leftwich winds up and releases, even with his strong arm, the defenders are in position. That man's release can be measured with a sundial.

If we could trade down with Dallas

Trade down with Dallas for 2 1st rounders

Free agent: Stacy Andrews OG, Alge Crumpler TE, Byron Leftwich QB Assante Samuel CB (optional)

1st 22nd pick - Pat Sims, NT Auburn 1st 28th pick 6’4 315 4.98 40 time

1st 28th pick - Quentin Groves, OLB 6’3 251, Auburn 4.46 40 time

2nd 36th pick – Red Bryant, Texas A&M 6’5 326

3rd: pick – Mike McGlynn, OT, Pittsburgh

4th pick - D.J. Hall, WR, Alabama 6’2 190 4.49

5th pick - Josh Barrett, 6' 3" 231, Arizona State or Caleb Campbell, Army 6’2 “223 4.53

6th. OG/OT Kerry Brown, 6' 6"303 lbs Appalachian St.

7th pick –Clark Johnson OLB Clark Atlanta

LDE-Shaun Ellis

RDE Pat Sims

NT Red Bryant or Sione Pouha

LOLB Bryan Thomas

MLB - David Harris

MLB Erci Barton

ROLB Quentin Groves

We will finally be able to control the line of scrimmage

i highly highly doubt it. lefty is way too much $$ and i would never touch joey harrington.

PS this also means that ATL is probably gonna go QB in the draft, which means we could have DMC in our laps

If DMC was in our laps, i'd brush him off like a pile of crumbs!!

BUST!!

That's alot of rooks to start! Can you say 1-15!!

it's also a lot of speed and size we also have a veteran rotation on our team so that won't be the case and hell we were already 4-12 we need more talent period and it's three rookies that would start that isn't a lot

Archived