Jets interested in Pace?

JetsFanNick12

01:17AM - Jets Interested In Calvin Pace

Saturday, February 16th, 2008 by Gary Grund

Bucky Brooks of SI.com has some buzz from around the league, which includes a bit on the Jets interest in free agent DE/OLB Calvin Pace.

Pace was a first-round draft pick by the Arizona Cardinals in 2003. In addition to the Jets, the Patriots and Titans have also expressed interest in the 27-year old pass rusher if he hits the open market. Arizona will likely make a strong push to re-sign him.

Under Ken Whisenhunt with the Cardinals, Pace recorded 98 tackles, 6.5 sacks, 1 forced fumble and 1 interception.

Brooks states that he is held in high regard due to his motor and versatility. Teams are envisioning him blossoming into a 'double-digit sack artist' in the right scheme.

his numbers seem pretty good good idea or no? and this is my first post :) lol

Why would you leave the AZ to play in NY

AZ is an up and coming team...we are bunch of moth balls

The Cardinals have been up and coming for the past decade, every year there is some "expert" who picks them to win it all. but always finish around .500 at best. In fact their 8-8 this year was the best they have had in a decade, their best record in the last 30 (30!) years has been 9-7.

Pace can come in start for good money on one of the bigger stages in sports (NYC), that is the appeal the Jets offer. (Unfortunatley thats about it)

Of the 300 or so guys the Jets have been rumored to be interested in, in the last 2 weeks Pace is a guy they might really be interested in.

He really seems to fit. He has a high motor and is capable of more then 6.5 sacks. He won't be cheap, but I don't think he will be a budget buster either.

As far as all this talk about no players wanting to play for the Jets, it is just silly. Pay them and they will come.

Period

Not to mention that it is the Big Apple, and lots of $ to be made off the field, and lots of night life. Why in the world would a single, 27 YO millionaire want to live in Green Bay, Cleveland, or Detroit. They do because they are paid to play there.

The town that does have a lot of appeal to players is Miami

Great weather, South Beach, and the biggie, no state income tax.

I dont wany any trash from Arizona. Barnnet eas enough when he came here. To have a first round bust like him playing for us. i rather have hobson back than this trash player. No thanks

Trash Player??? Have you ever watched him play????

Also, have you ever watched Hobson play???:shock:

Trash Player??? Have you ever watched him play????

Also, have you ever watched Hobson play???:shock:

I have actually never seen him play. In fact, I can't remember the last Arizona Cardinal game I saw. I will take you guys word for it though. Hobson, I have seen play. He sucked big time this past year. What did he average? Two tackles a game? At least when you are as slow as Hobson you should try to hit something. How many guys performance slips so drastically in their walk year.

I have actually never seen him play. In fact, I can't remember the last Arizona Cardinal game I saw. I will take you guys word for it though. Hobson, I have seen play. He sucked big time this past year. What did he average? Two tackles a game? At least when you are as slow as Hobson you should try to hit something. How many guys performance slips so drastically in their walk year.

Hobson is very average, if even that.

Pace would be a major upgrade.

Pace would be a major upgrade.

The Jets will not be comparing a guy like Pace, if they are considering him, to the performance of Hobson at OLB. I expect they are looking to do more than just upgrade Hobson. They need for the guy who plays this position to be an impact pass rusher. They already have money invested in Thomas and Bowens. I hope the team is looking to put one of those guys on the bench in favor of a much better player.

I dunno if Pace is that guy but he'd better be if the Jets sign him and then pass on Chris Long (I dont see him as a 3-4 DE), Gholston, Groves and Harvey in the draft.

Archived