Let's rock

Jet Moses

• Replies 455
  • Created
  • Last Reply
  • 2 weeks later...

I would like to introduce everyone to

DANAVA

A band that pays homage to that great 70's Sabbath/Deep Purple hard prog rock with their own twist.

They released their sophomore album this year. It's called UnonoU. The second and third videos are live performances and don't give enough justice to the songs. I couldn't even find what I consider the two best songs off the album "The Emerald Snow of Sleep" and "One Mind Gone Separate Ways".

Anyway enough talk...Enjoy!

"Where Beauty and Terror Dance"

FDuueoCmLpI

"Spinning Temple Shifting"

Bk6MU-w_VqM

"Unonou"

THuZ9ypm_PI

Enuff Z'nuff

Fly High Michelle

(Never bigger jerk offs on camera, but great song.)

J94jLlr3uDE&feature=related

agreed-we actually discussed this song in the What Are You Listening To thread a couple years back-I think Alk loves this song too

I may have posted this before, but I don't give a ****. These guys rip. If they come around SEE THEM! I caught them once back in the 90's. I think it was at the old 930 Club in DC. They went on late and part way through the set somebody came out and whispered in Jason's ear. Apparently they close clubs early there, like 1 or 1:30 am. Ringenberg started apologizing that they wouldn't be able to do the full set, but they would try to make it up to us. They went absolutely ape**** for the next half hour. It was one of the craziest shows I've ever seen.

9unLB8lNCJ8&feature=related

agreed-we actually discussed this song in the What Are You Listening To thread a couple years back-I think Alk loves this song too

I like these guys, but want to pitch that poser guitar player off a bridge every time he goes into that pout routine. Also, is the bass player having a stroke or just affecting the gayest personality in recorded history. Beings from other dimensions think the guy is a freak. Let's get a medical team to him pronto to check on his blood gasses. New Thing is also a cool song:

VslSNyarAqI

I like these guys, but want to pitch that poser guitar player off a bridge every time he goes into that pout routine. Also, is the bass player having a stroke or just affecting the gayest personality in recorded history. Beings from other dimensions think the guy is a freak. Let's get a medical team to him pronto to check on his blood gasses. New Thing is also a cool song:

VslSNyarAqI

remember when Beavis and Butthead would sit on the couch and comment on videos? One episode Beavis said asked Butthead "who are those chicks?" to the Fly High Michelle video...heh heh heh that was cooool

remember when Beavis and Butthead would sit on the couch and comment on videos? One episode Beavis said asked Butthead "who are those chicks?" to the Fly High Michelle video...heh heh heh that was cooool

LOL! You're right. The drummer is better looking than most women walking around a mall. LOL.

Deep Purple

Lazy

(Blackmore's playing is brilliant.)

After a lot of years this is still kick azz rocking jam. Our bands working on it, but we won't play it out till it's tight tight.

After a lot of years this is still kick azz rocking jam. Our bands working on it, but we won't play it out till it's tight tight.

Good luck with the tune. Now that you guys are attempting to cover Purple, you realize how deceptively complex their stuff is. You get everything from blues, funk, English folk, and even Eastern-inspired phrases in their songs. Plus, Blackmore is ridiculous to try and imitate. In the middle of a standard blues solo, he might throw in something odd from the other end of the diatonic harmony spectrum with a speed-of-light sweep picking run. But, it works perfectly. How, gothdammit??!! Also, you get to stare into the massive talent abyss that is Richie Blackmore, John Lord and Ian Paice, and try to fill it. Although Ian Gillan and Roger Glover are skilled, the first three band members are all rock icons who--arguably--might be the best ever (in the rock genre) at their respective instruments.

I hope you guys nail the tune, especially the dark, thundering organ riff, and Blackmore's staccato phrases.

• 3 weeks later...
People forget that Fleetwood Mac weren't always a pop band driven by Stevie Nicks and Lindsay Buckingham. Fleetwood in those days could rock. Peter Green is one of the unheralded guitarists of that era.

Yeah I love early fleetwood mac. Peter green is one of my favorite guitar players, I just love his style. Peter definitely influenced Jimmy Page and of course Santana since Black Magic Woman is a Fleetwood song. :cheers:

Yeah I love early fleetwood mac. Peter green is one of my favorite guitar players, I just love his style. Peter definitely influenced Jimmy Page and of course Santana since Black Magic Woman is a Fleetwood song. :cheers:

For you, my pal:

nvgO9jWaSFM

How bluesy is that solo?

Archived