Favre's Last Pass...

drago

An interception that broke his teams back in the playoffs. Fitting.

I stick up for most of his picks in the regular season because he can play with the best of them. But if it's forth down (43 career QB rating) or the playoffs (hasn't won a game against an actual contender since 1997) he folds like a lawn chair. I loved watching him play in the regular season...but favre...good ****ing ridence.

• Replies 123
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I stick up for most of his picks in the regular season because he can play with the best of them. But if it's forth down (43 career QB rating) or the playoffs (hasn't won a game against an actual contender since 1997) he folds like a lawn chair. I loved watching him play in the regular season...but favre...good ****ing ridence.

LOL, Packer fans are in for a rude awakening.

Favre has absolutely spoiled you guys to an unbelievable extent.

Do some work for a change. I plan on calling Lisa and telling her that you aren't doing your job!!!

sup

LOL, Packer fans are in for a rude awakening.

Favre has absolutely spoiled you guys to an unbelievable extent.

Isn't it funny how you believe all the hype of his stats and his loan super bowl win, in which the team was so stacked any number of QB's could have thrown that game into auto-pilot and come out with a win.

Favre has one super bowl win, two NFC championship wins (2 and 4 for his career), he single handily lost the divisional round game against the Eagles (coupled with the infamous 4th adn 26 first down). The big games the Packers have won recently were against sup bar compitition or because Ahman Green was an effin tank of an RB.

Favre is great against average to even above average teams, he really is. He can beat any 4 to 10 win team under the sun, but if he ever ran into a team that was hot, or a team that had one loss...it won't be close. Look at the Dallas game this year. Both had one loss, when favre was in we were losing 17 to 6. Enter the backup, we almost pulled it out.

Screw Favre. I cannot wait to see what Rodgers can do. Even if he comes up way short of Favres "magnificent career of john madden ball washing" at least we will have tried to get to the next level.

Do me a favor, go check his stats when the heat is on...4th down's, 2 minute drills (against good defenses, 2007 KC and Denver don't quite count)...

See ya brett! don't let the door hit you in the ass!

Isn't it funny how you believe all the hype of his stats and his loan super bowl win, in which the team was so stacked any number of QB's could have thrown that game into auto-pilot and come out with a win.

Favre has one super bowl win, two NFC championship wins (2 and 4 for his career), he single handily lost the divisional round game against the Eagles (coupled with the infamous 4th adn 26 first down). The big games the Packers have won recently were against sup bar compitition or because Ahman Green was an effin tank of an RB.

Favre is great against average to even above average teams, he really is. He can beat any 4 to 10 win team under the sun, but if he ever ran into a team that was hot, or a team that had one loss...it won't be close. Look at the Dallas game this year. Both had one loss, when favre was in we were losing 17 to 6. Enter the backup, we almost pulled it out.

Screw Favre. I cannot wait to see what Rodgers can do. Even if he comes up way short of Favres "magnificent career of john madden ball washing" at least we will have tried to get to the next level.

Do me a favor, go check his stats when the heat is on...4th down's, 2 minute drills (against good defenses, 2007 KC and Denver don't quite count)...

as a life long jet fan i can honestly say this is one of the dumbest posts i have ever read. favre was one of the best qb's to ever play the game. yes, he was overhyped by the media but he was a great player and a true winner.

while favre played in GB the jets churned through such all-time greats as nagle, esiason, foley, brister, o'donnel, reich, testaverde, lucas, mirer, pennington, carter, bollywood, and clemens. the jets went to 0 super bowls during this time and played in 1 AFC game. reality check time.

LOL, really just LOL.

It'll be funny to see if Packer fans feel the same way in a few years.:rl:

How 'bout that PO game vs Seattle this year??? Average I guess???

Something I will never forgive Favre for is that he was directly responsible for putting the Giants in the Super Bowl. Oh, the pain.

In that sense that also means he was directly reponsible for the Pats losing the Superbowl.

I always loved ya Brett.:lol:

as a life long jet fan i can honestly say this is one of the dumbest posts i have ever read. favre was one of the best qb's to ever play the game. yes, he was overhyped by the media but he was a great player and a true winner.

while favre played in GB the jets churned through such all-time greats as nagle, esiason, foley, brister, o'donnel, reich, testaverde, lucas, mirer, pennington, carter, bollywood, and clemens. the jets went to 0 super bowls during this time and played in 1 AFC game. reality check time.

I agree as a Jets fan and a football fan Brett Favre was a fierce competitor and a class act.More professional athletes should be like him.Those fans who have anything bad to say about Brett Favre really need a reality check and checkup from the neck up.

Imagine if he would have been the Jets QB.Good luck Brett Favre the NFL is going to miss you.

Bret Favre along with Reggie White made football relevent again in Green Bay.

Before they came along the Packers had become what the Jets are right now. A team that would see the post season maybe once every ten years.

This was a team that split its home games between Lambeau Field and old County Stadium in Milwaukee. Home of great QB's like Scott Hunter, Lynn Dickey and David Whitehurst.

Favre had some brutal moments in the post season though. The Eagles playoff game in 2003. A six int playoff performance against the Rams and the Giants game this year.

If that happened here he would have gotten crucified.

Overall though when you look at it the Packers have had 1 guy starting at QB since 1992. The Jets have probably had about 20. I think I would take Favre over any of those guys and live with the consequences.

LOL, really just LOL.

It'll be funny to see if Packer fans feel the same way in a few years.:rl:

How 'bout that PO game vs Seattle this year??? Average I guess???

yeah that juggernaut Seahawk team :rolleyes:

they had no running attack, a beat up receiving corps and a defense that was only good in the NFC West. Huge win. Way to go boys.

Favre was great against average to a bit above average teams. Watch the games, review the stats...i can't wait to see some fresh blood in there.

yeah that juggernaut Seahawk team :rolleyes:

they had no running attack, a beat up receiving corps and a defense that was only good in the NFC West. Huge win. Way to go boys.

Favre was great against average to a bit above average teams. Watch the games, review the stats...i can't wait to see some fresh blood in there.

I respect you as a Jets fan and as a poster of this awsome site, but your insane bro.

Saying Favre was not a good QB against winning teams or that hes only a good QB against average teams or that Favre would choke in the 4th Quarter on 4th downs? Sorry, but Favre may be the best QB in the Cold to ever play the game due to his toughness and will to win, Do you know how many 4th quarters Favre has lead his team to victory after behind behind? You do know that Favre has carried that offense for YEARS and YEARS right?

Name one RB who played behind Favre who was on the same playing field as a Barry Sanders, LT, Steven Jackson, Curtis Martin or even Jones-Drew... Name one WR who was a huge playmaker like Rice, Irving, Moss, Owens, Im sorry but Driver is none of the above and Sharpe was the best offensive player the Packers ever had to play with Favre.

Manning has always had Harrison and Wayne

Montana has always had Young and a great running game

Bradshaw always had amazing Pittsburg defenses

Elway always had the best O-Line, a great running game and tough WR's

Troy Aikman had Irving, a great O line with E.Smith

Even Jim Kelly had Reed and Thomas

Marino never really had anything, and neither did Favre.

Favre is considered a top 5 QB for a reason, to judge a QB on SB rings is wrong, it's not like Basketball where you have 5 starters, this is football with 11 starters on Offense and 11 starters on defense.

I respect you as a Jets fan and as a poster of this awsome site, but your insane bro.

Saying Favre was not a good QB against winning teams or that hes only a good QB against average teams or that Favre would choke in the 4th Quarter on 4th downs? Sorry, but Favre may be the best QB in the Cold to ever play the game due to his toughness and will to win, Do you know how many 4th quarters Favre has lead his team to victory after behind behind? You do know that Favre has carried that offense for YEARS and YEARS right?

Name one RB who played behind Favre who was on the same playing field as a Barry Sanders, LT, Steven Jackson, Curtis Martin or even Jones-Drew... Name one WR who was a huge playmaker like Rice, Irving, Moss, Owens, Im sorry but Driver is none of the above and Sharpe was the best offensive player the Packers ever had to play with Favre.

Manning has always had Harrison and Wayne

Montana has always had Young and a great running game

Bradshaw always had amazing Pittsburg defenses

Elway always had the best O-Line, a great running game and tough WR's

Troy Aikman had Irving, a great O line with E.Smith

Even Jim Kelly had Reed and Thomas

Marino never really had anything, and neither did Favre.

Favre is considered a top 5 QB for a reason, to judge a QB on SB rings is wrong, it's not like Basketball where you have 5 starters, this is football with 11 starters on Offense and 11 starters on defense.

Thank you, I was starting to put together this post when I saw you beat me to it.

He is also one of the toughest QB's to have played the game.

Eat it.

Couldn't have said it better myself. A HOF QB who played longer than he should have.

Couldn't have said it better myself. A HOF QB who played longer than he should have.

Im gonna have to disagree on this one. Favre was no Ewing who left the Knicks with bad knees, and ended his career with the Magic

Favre was one game away from the SB last year, how many other QB's can say that? He was jumping around, having so much fun last season, enjoying every play while he was on the field, jumping for joy, players jumping all over his back in celebration, he had a magic season last year. He may be up there in age, but he could still play next year if he wanted to, no way did Favre play the game to long. No way (In my eyes)

Im gonna have to disagree on this one. Favre was no Ewing who left the Knicks with bad knees, and ended his career with the Magic

Favre was one game away from the SB last year, how many other QB's can say that? He was jumping having so much fun last season when he was on the field, jumping for joy, playing jumping all over him, he had a magic season, he may be up there in age, but he could still play next year if he wanted to, no way did Favre play the game to long. No way (In my eyes)

Since the Packers last Super Bowl appearance they have played 9 playoff games. They are 3-6 in those games with Favre throwing 16 TD's and 18 INT's.

I think that he should have retired 3 or 4 years ago. He hit lightning in a bottle this year but, as Drago pointed out, still threw an INT in overtime that cost his team a trip to the Super Bowl.

A fitting ending for the "gunslinger"

Some of you are taking it out of context. Favre WAS a great QB, he did bring this franchise back from the state they were in for nearly 20 years. I don't think there is a player, other than Barry, that I liked watching more.

But to see everyone crown him as some savior, and for Jets fans to crown him as this high stakes, always coming out ahead QB...it's just flat out wrong. He won a Super Bowl over a decade ago, has come close to getting back to that game one time since then.

I really wish you guys would watch the pack more closely come playoff time. He's not the same QB. I know he has all these come back wins, but they just never happened when it counted, or when it was against a big time defense (07 giants for instance).

I loved watching him play...but good lord, he strung this franchise out how many times by playing the "should i retire?" game.

It's time for him to move on. It's time for the Packers to move forward, or backward...just move somewhere! I'm ready for Aaron Rodgers to show what he can do, for better or for worse, i want to see the kid play.

Since the Packers last Super Bowl appearance they have played 9 playoff games. They are 3-6 in those games with Favre throwing 16 TD's and 18 INT's.

I think that he should have retired 3 or 4 years ago. He hit lightning in a bottle this year but, as Drago pointed out, still threw an INT in overtime that cost his team a trip to the Super Bowl.

A fitting ending for the "gunslinger"

Im gonna remember this thread, Im writing it down as we speak so I can put it into my documents, this way I can remember it.

Lets just see how the Packers do without Favre next season.

Lets just see how Rogers does as the starter, or any other player for that matter not named Favre

Lets just see if the "Young Gun" can get it done

Im 100% possitive that the Packers fail to make the playoffs next season. They have a solid Offense with a great defense, lets just see how they do without one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game.

Not only do the Packers miss the playoffs, but they fail to win more than 8 games.

Im gonna remember this thread, Im writing it down as we speak so I can put it into my documents, this way I can remember it.

Lets just see how Rogers does as the starter, or any other player for that matter not named Favre

Im 100% possitive that the Packers fail to make the playoffs next season. They have a solid Offense with a great defense, lets just see how they do without one of the greatest QB's to ever play the game.

Not only do the Packers miss the playoffs, but they fail to win more than 8 games.

Maybe if they were in the AFC. I bet the post a very similar season to last year. I'd say 4 or 5 losses.

Over the last 10 years getting to the playoffs wasn't that much of a problem for Favre. Winning was the problem.

I wish the Packers all the best next season. At least they don't have to deal with the yearly retirement game that Favre has been playing the last couple of seasons.

Over the last 10 years getting to the playoffs wasn't that much of a problem for Favre. Winning was the problem.

I wish the Packers all the best next season. At least they don't have to deal with the yearly retirement game that Favre has been playing the last couple of seasons.

So now its Favre's fault for not wanting to call it quits, even though he has been mentaly drained? Sorry for a player not wanting to call it quits, when all he knew in life was football, and all he loved doing since he was a kid was throwing the football

Yeah, fault a player who loves the game and cant seem to call it quits.

Jordan actually played a game,

Jordan quit basketball inorder to play baseball, quit baseball and came back to basketball, quit again and came back, then retired for good. Favre did none of the above.

So now its Favre's fault for not wanting to call it quits, even though he has been mentaly drained? Sorry for a player not wanting to call it quits, when all he knew in life was football, and all he loved doing since he was a kid was throwing the football

Yeah, fault a player who loves the game and cant seem to call it quits.

Are you related to Favre or something? In your eyes the guy can do no wrong.

Are you related to Favre or something? In your eyes the guy can do no wrong.

Did he refuse to sign your autograph or something like that when you were a kid?

Not only do you think he's simply an above average QB, who can only beat average teams but you also blame the man for loving the sport that has made his life. If you have ever loved something in life, you should know that it's hard to call it quits, even if ur mentaly drained out from something that you love alot in life.

I guess it's all about SB rings and playoff victorys in your eyes, sorry, not every QB is blessed with the O-Line Elway had, or the WR's that Manning has or the WR's that Montana had. Not every QB is blessed with an O-Line that the cowboys had with Irving and Smith.

What ever happend to loving the way Favre played the game? The way he played the game with heart, the way he put his ass on the line every single game? (Just go ask Warren Sap what type of competitor Favre was, he would rank him #1, without a doubt)

Or what about the toughness that he showed in the GB freezing cold? Or how about the fact that he played a game for the ages in memory of his father who passed away? What about the fact that he overcame a drinking problem in Atlanta and a pill popping problem in GB due to all the punishment his body took as being a QB?

HOF player if I ever seen one. #4 will always be rememberd as a tough SOB

Did he refuse to sign your autograph or something like that when you were a kid?

Not only do you think he's simply an above average QB, who can only beat average teams but you also blame the man for loving the sport that has made his life. If you have ever loved something in life, you should know that it's hard to call it quits, even if ur mentaly drained out from something that you love alot in life.

I guess it's all about SB rings and playoff victorys in your eyes, sorry, not every QB is blessed with the O-Line Elway had, or the WR's that Manning has or the WR's that Montana had. Not every QB is blessed with an O-Line that the cowboys had with Irving and Smith.

What ever happend to loving the way Favre played the game? The way he played the game with heart, the way he put his ass on the line every single game? (Just go ask Warren Sap what type of competitor Favre was, he would rank him #1, without a doubt)

Or what about the toughness that he showed in the GB freezing cold? Or how about the fact that he played a game for the ages in memory of his father who passed away? What about the fact that he overcame a drinking problem in Atlanta and a pill popping problem in GB due to all the punishment his body took as being a QB?

HOF player if I ever seen one. #4 will always be rememberd as a tough SOB

Obviously you didn't read my first post in this thread.

I said Favre was a HOF QB that should have retired a few years ago.

I followed that up by saying he was pedestrian at best in his last 9 playoff games.

Favre retiring is a bit of a soft spot for me. Being almost 20 years old, I grew up with Favre, Marino, Elway, Young, Aikman and Kelly.

Seeing the last of the great QB's I grew up with sucks, it shows how old I'm getting and he is the last of my childhood idols to leave the game. This was a sad past few days for me, and will continue to be so.

I wish nothing but the best for Brett.

He went out with one of his best seasons, forget the final pass.

Favre retiring is a bit of a soft spot for me. Being almost 20 years old, I grew up with Favre, Marino, Elway, Young, Aikman and Kelly.

Seeing the last of the great QB's I grew up with sucks, it shows how old I'm getting and he is the last of my childhood idols to leave the game. This was a sad past few days for me, and will continue to be so.

I wish nothing but the best for Brett.

He went out with one of his best seasons, forget the final pass.

Can you please not put lies in your sig. I'm a fan of the NFL and I won't miss Favre at all.

Who holds the record for most interceptions?

Can you please not put lies in your sig. I'm a fan of the NFL and I won't miss Favre at all.

You tell em brother, forget about Favre... He is nothing compared to Tom Brady. Nothing at all! It's all about brady, the best qb in the history of the nfl.

Lies?

True fans of the NFL will miss Brett Favre. You sir are a flat out Brett Favre hater. There is an extreme difference. Even though you will never admit your inner hatred for Favre, it is there. You were there for that magical Super Bowl where he beat New England, so I don't expect you to like him. But please, do not call it a lie because the majority of NFL fans will miss Favre.

Thats great that he's the leader for INT's, who cares. He leaves the game with the most consecutive starts made by a QB, most wins, most completions, most touchdowns.

One bad stat doesn't offset those accomplishments. We all knew Favre would throw the stupid intercetpion. The facts are that Favre could still make more plays than most Quarterbacks and for every Interception he through he would bail the team out and win the game more times than not. Brett Favre was a great Quarterback, Top 5 all-time indeed. Do not let your blind hatred make you believe that most will not miss his game. I assure you, most true NFL fans will.

And even though Favre leaves with only one Super Bowl ring, at least we can say that he did it without videotapes.

Lies?

True fans of the NFL will miss Brett Favre. You sir are a flat out Brett Favre hater. There is an extreme difference. Even though you will never admit your inner hatred for Favre, it is there. You were there for that magical Super Bowl where he beat New England, so I don't expect you to like him. But please, do not call it a lie because the majority of NFL fans will miss Favre.

Thats great that he's the leader for INT's, who cares. He leaves the game with the most consecutive starts made by a QB, most wins, most completions, most touchdowns.

One bad stat doesn't offset those accomplishments. We all knew Favre would throw the stupid intercetpion, so that was pointless by you in pointing that out. The facts are that Favre could still make more plays than most Quarterbacks and for every Interception he through he would bail the team out and win the game more times than not. Brett Favre was a great Quarterback, Top 5 all-time indeed. Do not let your blind hatred make you believe that most will not miss his game. I assure you, most true NFL fans will.

And even though Favre leaves with only one Super Bowl ring, at least we can say that he did it without videotapes.

Very solid post, Brett Favre is the man, no amount of NE homerism can take that away.

Lies?

One bad stat doesn't offset those accomplishments. We all knew Favre would throw the stupid intercetpion. The facts are that Favre could still make more plays than most Quarterbacks and for every Interception he through he would bail the team out and win the game more times than not. Brett Favre was a great Quarterback, Top 5 all-time indeed. Do not let your blind hatred make you believe that most will not miss his game. I assure you, most true NFL fans will.

Tom Brady>Brett Favre. Deal with it.

Archived