Marshall Faulk announces who the "Cinderella" team of 08 is.

NYjet10

Faulk is a goone. I remember before the superbowl when there was talk about the Patriots cheating on the team he was in in the superbowl and he brushed them off like it was no big deal. I repect Warner because he asked the NFL to look at this case and Marshal said its the past its over and theres noting we can do about it now. WHAT A GOONE.

Once we are on a losing streak if we are he'll backstab us in a second screw Faulk

He had what in him? To throw picks & fumble the ball more than throw touchdowns?

All that matters are the W's and L's. He did enough to win 10 games regardless.

If he played for anyone else, this entire board would be unloading on how badly he sucks.

Probably, but not relevant at all.

And my point earlier is that you don't know when someone is going to suddenly become awful. Sometimes it's age, sometimes it's injury, and sometimes a gradual change only seems more abrupt because of lousy talent around him.

Agree, but usually you do regress in your late 30's no matter who you are.

I can't believe that people who are so insistent that we get another RB are so satisfied with this QB.

I'd be insistent that we get another QB, if there actually any great targets out there. Unfortunately, I don't think there are, maybe Matt Ryan but very unlikely he'll be around when we're picking.

A stud RB on the other hand could give us an elite running game that would cause pretty much every team problem. That would give great help to whoever is under center, especially Chad.

But he wasn't a 1st so that's not relevant at all. in fact many thought he was a huge reach in round 2.

The situation for the QB was horrible and I stated that, but it was horrible for Chad too, so excusing Clemens play means nothing without excusing Penningtons too.

I want Clemens to be the starter, because that would imply that he's earned it by beating out Chad. I just can't see that happening unfortunately.

you completely missed the point chief. we have years of play to evaluate chadwick, and his physical limitations create a ceiling for this team's offense.

clemens is somewhat unknown, i though he played better than chadwick given what he had to work with - no running game, no OL, and he was always running for his life. if you look at clemens first 8 starts compared to eli manning they are pretty similar. the giants didn't quit on eli b/c he was a 1st rd pick. some of the other young qb's have not fared much better - the only difference is where they were drafted.

the jets need to give kc a chance to succeed. if he can't do it then they need to bring in a vet or draft a new qb. chadwick cannot win a super bowl with his limitations. his positives were decision making and accuracy and both of those have declined significantly. the goal is to win the super bowl, not go 10-6 and lose in the 1st rd. jet fans have been so beaten down through the years that playoffs make them happy. that is not the goal last time i checked. stop accepting mediocrity and set your sights higher. the super bowl is and always has been the goal and chadwick cannot do it.

you completely missed the point chief. we have years of play to evaluate chadwick, and his physical limitations create a ceiling for this team's offense.

clemens is somewhat unknown, i though he played better than chadwick given what he had to work with - no running game, no OL, and he was always running for his life. if you look at clemens first 8 starts compared to eli manning they are pretty similar. the giants didn't quit on eli b/c he was a 1st rd pick. some of the other young qb's have not fared much better - the only difference is where they were drafted.

the jets need to give kc a chance to succeed. if he can't do it then they need to bring in a vet or draft a new qb. chadwick cannot win a super bowl with his limitations. his positives were decision making and accuracy and both of those have declined significantly. the goal is to win the super bowl, not go 10-6 and lose in the 1st rd. jet fans have been so beaten down through the years that playoffs make them happy. that is not the goal last time i checked. stop accepting mediocrity and set your sights higher. the super bowl is and always has been the goal and chadwick cannot do it.

Firstly, don't call me chief.

I don't really know who played better last year, both were pretty atrocious. Like you said Eli was a 1st round pick, he was so because he was a better prospect than Clemens. A much better prospect.

All that matters are the W's and L's. He did enough to win 10 games regardless.

See, you are attributing 10 wins (2 years ago) to us having Chad Pennington at QB instead of someone else. As though the team would have won zero games otherwise & only Chad's presence "won" 10 games.

He didn't win 10 games. He did as much harm as good when you look at each game. We won 10 games because the defense was 6th in the NFL in points-against, not because of the offense's #18 rank in points-scored.

Looked good week one vs the Titans. I give him that. Sure, it was against a team that would start 0-5, but he had a good game regardless.

The first NE game he was absolutely awful. Two of the most acrobatic catches/RAC's of the entire NFL season led to our two touchdowns.

Buffalo gave the first game away. Truth is they should have killed us. The last reason we won would be due to Chad Pennington's greatness.

An onside kick recovery & a KO return TD are the only reasons we were even IN the Colts game. Of course Pennington the "winner" threw a pick into the endzone into triple-coverage. His "smarts" really analyzed the play well before the snap & didn't audible out of the doomed play.

Then we got shut out by Jacksonville. Pennington looked like he didn't even belong in the NFL that game, he was so bad. But hey - Chad still had his all-important completion percentage around 60%. Too bad that his average completion went for 7 yards. That is, not counting the three completions he threw to the Jaguars defenders.

The next week we beat the 1-win Dolphins by a field goal (that lone win coming against the winless Titans). Whoopie. Outscores an offense led by Joey Harrington by 3 points.

Week after that we had 220 rushing yards & 3 rushing touchdowns. But sure - Chad "led" us to the win. Mmm-kay. Hey, he did manage to hit McCareins on a TD pass when he was so ridiculously open that Bollinger could have hit him with ease. Also threw a pick at Detroit's 2 yard line at the end of the first half. Clutch.

Then there was the Cleveland game. That awful call on the push-out with Baker notwithstanding, Pennington actually managed to find a way to look even worse than he did vs Jacksonville.

Next game we won in NE. Give him kudos for a good game. Hardly GREAT, but good enough to win. Barlow was the real hero, running the ball effectively in the mud, but he's too unpopular to credit with anything around here. Same with DRob, who had a ALL credit MUST go to Pennington & his 5 yards per pass attempt, 1 TD, 1 INT performance.

Then the Chicago game. Our defense holds the league's top scoring offense to 10 points (and I think 7 came on one long bad-coverage play by rookie Drew Coleman). Pennington led us to?....yet another shutout for the opposition. Just awful.

Good game after that vs Houston. But then, most QB's had good games vs Houston. Hardly anything to pat him on the back for.

Then the GB game where Cedric Houston outscored the entire Packers team. But ok, credit for the win goes to Pennington who threw 2 interceptions on the stat sheet, and two more that GB dropped in their own endzone.

And then follows that up with another clinic in throwing the ball to the other team as we get clobbered by the friggin' Bills.

True to form, Pennington then has a good game against the super-slumping Vikings, who had a lousy pass defense when they were doing WELL. So he has a field day against a team who would lose 8 of their last 10 games (those 2 wins coming against the mighty Cardinals and Lions).

After that, another game of ineptness on offense. Leon takes one of Chad's sissy dumpoffs 60 yards & we win by 3 points. The stat sheet says Pennington threw a touchdown pass to Leon. So much for stats telling the story. When you're worse than Cleo Lemon, you're pretty bad.

Then finishes it off with a win against the 2-14 Art Shell Raiders. Like we needed Pennington to win that game; a December 31st game & Oakland hadn't put up 15 points in a single game since October. But sure, we won because of Pennington.

Seriously. You guys give him way too much credit for a QB who is usually mediocre, and far more likely to put forth an awful performance than a great or impressive one. He just doesn't put points on the board.

What are you talking about. How has he shown anymore potential at 'schorching' defences than Chad, this post really is ridiculous.

Clemens is till competely unproven at this level, anyone who thinks otherwise is purely in denial. Until he proves he proves he can 'scorch' defences the stacked boxes aren't going anywhere. Accept it.

Who's saying Clemens is proven? He's started EIGHT games in his career.

There's only 2 things proven:

1.) Pennington under center will have defenses cheating in decimating our run game and ..... if Chads throwing we already know about the passing game.

2.) Regardless of how you try to hide it - your manlove for Pennington is nausiating.

1.) Pennington under center will have defenses cheating in decimating our run game and ..... if Chads throwing we already know about the passing game.

2.) Regardless of how you try to hide it - your manlove for Pennington is nausiating.

1) I know what Chad brings to the table, I know he struggles against better defences and also know that there's basically no chance of him ever leading this team to the superbowl, however it annoys me that people come out and talk like Clemens has proven he's going to be so much of an improvement. I do like Chad, I wont deny it, he's not the QB of the future though and I accept that but Clemens has to prove he's any better, which he has not.

2) Whatever helps you sleep at night dumbass.

1) I know what Chad brings to the table, I know he struggles against better defences and also know that there's basically no chance of him ever leading this team to the superbowl, however it annoys me that people come out and talk like Clemens has proven he's going to be so much of an improvement. I do like Chad, I wont deny it, he's not the QB of the future though and I accept that but Clemens has to prove he's any better, which he has not.

Who says Clemens is a definitive improvement? All I see of Clemens is he isn't definitively mediocre or worse. There's at least an upside to his play. He MIGHT actually be good. No one has said that he's proven anything other than having a stronger arm, though. Unless you could provide a quote showing that people are saying Clemens has "proven" anything, I have to call you out on your drunken bulls**t.

We're still buddies, but you're an a**hole & I don't like you. ;)

Who says Clemens is a definitive improvement? All I see of Clemens is he isn't definitively mediocre or worse. There's at least an upside to his play. He MIGHT actually be good. No one has said that he's proven anything other than having a stronger arm, though. Unless you could provide a quote showing that people are saying Clemens has "proven" anything, I have to call you out on your drunken bulls**t.

We're still buddies, but you're an a**hole & I don't like you. ;)

Hey Spoimy - I'm the recipient of the personal attack;) - and so close to Paddy's day

too. But if we Irish know how to do anything - it's fight with our own.:P

Who says Clemens is a definitive improvement?

Originally Posted by NJ viewpost.gif

When he gets his rhythm/timing/footwork down and starts scortching backfields with some non-lob, 20+ passes - the stacked box's are bye bye. Chad aint ever going to make that happen.

I've heard things Sperm;-)

He may not say he's proven but he's presuming/stating that he will amount to something. Clemens is far from a sure thing and that's the post to which I was responding.

All I see of Clemens is he isn't definitively mediocre or worse. There's at least an upside to his play. He MIGHT actually be good. No one has said that he's proven anything other than having a stronger arm, though. Unless you could provide a quote showing that people are saying Clemens has "proven" anything, I have to call you out on your drunken bulls**t.

We're still buddies, but you're an a**hole & I don't like you. ;-)

That's why I want to see Clemens start. I know that he at least physically capable of leading this team all the way, but we still don't know if he will ever amount to his potential. I was annoyed Mangini didn't put him in earlier last year so we could see what he can do, the fact that he hesitated so long in putting in KC despite the season being over makes me believe Mangini still felt Chad was his guy. I can't see KC beating Chad out, I really can't.

Hey Spoimy - I'm the recipient of the personal attack;) - and so close to Paddy's day

too. But if we Irish know how to do anything - it's fight with our own.:P

LOL, we should have a drunken arguement to see who gets banned first. Twenty quid says it's me.

:cheers:

You do remember Curtis Martin led the league in rushing in 2004 - with Chad Pennington as his QB.

I don't buy this garbage about us not being able to have a good running game with Chad under Center. The reason why our running game has sucked the past 3 years is b/c our offensive line, with the exception of Mangold, sucked and can't run-block and Thomas Jones just isn't that good of a player.

Blame it on the personnel. Don't blame it on Chad.

You do remember Curtis Martin led the league in rushing in 2004 - with Chad Pennington as his QB.

I don't buy this garbage about us not being able to have a good running game with Chad under Center. The reason why our running game has sucked the past 3 years is b/c our offensive line, with the exception of Mangold, sucked and can't run-block and Thomas Jones just isn't that good of a player.

Blame it on the personnel. Don't blame it on Chad.

There was still a small modicum of respect for Pennington's arm in 04. Thats gone now and has been for awhile. BTW - I'm not stating the stacked box is death to any type of run game. If we still had a healthy capable C-mart we could give him the ball 375 times this year and have a ground game. Maybe we could be as good as the 04 team then. Yea!

No he's not because unlike Clemens he's proven in the past that he can take even worse teams into the playoffs.

Both our QB were in awful situations last season.

Are you trying to say the 2004 team was worse than the 2007 team?

Chad Pennington took a team to the playoffs? Where the F was I? Last I checked, Curtis Martin and Defense took the Jets to the playoffs in 2004 and 2002 was AGES ago, before two rotater cuff operations. 2006? Weak schedule, game planning and defensive play in the last eight games of the season.

As for your ridiculous comment on how teams stacked the box more on Clemens than they did Pennington, blah. Are you kidding me? They were forcing him to throw it because they wanted to see what he could do it. It had nothing to do with arm strength. ****, they knew he had arm strength, unlike Pennington. Pennington was never respected and never will be in terms of throwing the ball more than 10 yards down the field. Nobody is respected at the start of their career either.

Chad Pennington took a team to the playoffs? Where the F was I? Last I checked, Curtis Martin and Defense took the Jets to the playoffs in 2004 and 2002 was AGES ago, before two rotater cuff operations. 2006? Weak schedule, game planning and defensive play in the last eight games of the season.

As for your ridiculous comment on how teams stacked the box more on Clemens than they did Pennington, blah. Are you kidding me? They were forcing him to throw it because they wanted to see what he could do it. It had nothing to do with arm strength. ****, they knew he had arm strength, unlike Pennington. Pennington was never respected and never will be in terms of throwing the ball more than 10 yards down the field. Nobody is respected at the start of their career either.

2004 was a weak schedule also.

Faulk didnt pick the Giants in pre season.

Big surprise he would pick against NE once he knew which 2 teams were playing:rolleyes:

I understand the Patriots have tape of Faulk preparing his script with his SB prediction in it. Word is Matt Walsh is real close to being able to hand it over to Goodell to be destroyed.

No, was talking about 2006.

2006? Weak schedule, game planning and defensive play in the last eight games of the season.

2006, yes we did have a weak schedule.

Luckily our schedule looks pretty weak this year too. The defence should be even stronger this year and and we have the same staff, so if anything you just reinforced my point. Like it or not, Chad QB'd that team. So yes he 'took' the Jets to the playoffs just like Trent Dilfer 'took' the Ravens to the Superbowl.

What are you talking about???

I said that was the reason, they weren't respecting him because he wasn't proven. Where in the name of Jesus did I ever say it anything to do with his arm??? Where???

I was just pointing out that this comment:

Originally Posted by NJ viewpost.gif

When he gets his rhythm/timing/footwork down and starts scortching backfields with some non-lob, 20+ passes - the stacked box's are bye bye. Chad aint ever going to make that happen.

Was total BS because it is no sure thing that KC will ever face anything but stacked boxes. He will face the same treatment that the likes of Kyle Boller, Rex Grossman, Tavaris Jackson and Joey Harrington get until he proves he can beat it.

That was my simple point all along, I know he has cannon arm. So do the QB I listed.

I had a lot of respect for Marshall Faulk until I saw him list his "Top 10 QBs" before last season, and he had Chad Pennington at, like, 9.

What an idiot. Chad Pennington is clearly #2 behind Peyton.

Ugh, Troll, you're such an ass. Don't you remember January 4th 2003? Chad owned Peyton that day. He is definitely #1.

When faulk talks, I listen. He's a heck of an analyst and its obvious he does his homework and just doesnt shoot out vanilla, generic statements about teams.

The Jets season all coems down to the QB play. If we get good QB play we should be a playoff team. If we dont get it we win 6-7 games.

Which all comes down to the o-line play. Which will be better this year.

The interesting thing about the money, is down here they are saying that Pace

was the only one that Parcells was willing to open his wallet big time to have him come

to the Fins.

I see a lot of people bringing up BT an comparing Pace to him. I have never ssen Pace in a game but I have seen some clips in the last month. He is much more athletic looking than BT, who I think is a very stiff, inflexible type player. Pace is big, fast and might even have decent hands. I do not see the comparison. You cannot just look at their stats and say they are alike.

They beat two playof teams the Chargers twice and the Seahawks. Would have beaten the Steelers on the road but Doug Brien is a b*tch.

They sucked. The Chargers in week 2 were still an awful team & I think Doug Flutie had to come in because Brees was so bad...and we still almost blew it. That team started 1-2 with their lone win in the first 3 games coming against the mighty Houston Texans. Seriously -- they won 10 games against teams who didn't have a winning record. Yipee.

And Seattle? They were 9-7 but also didn't beat anyone. Every win of theirs came against league doormats except for a lone win against the mighty Vikings (who also didn't beat anyone good all season long), and a week 17 win against the Falcons who rested all their starters.

Our schedule was easy in 2004. There were 3 regular season games that I would classify as truly difficult opponents (Pittsburgh & the two NE games) & we went 0-3 in those matchups. But hey, we beat the Browns, Cardinals, 49ers, Bengals, Texans, the Dolphins (twice), a winless Bills team, a Chargers team that still played like the '03 team that was worst in the NFL, and a Seahawks team who themselves couldn't beat anyone good. So we must have been great.

Then in the playoffs the Chargers again did jack squat because we weren't the '03 Chiefs or Raiders, after which Pittsburgh handed us our asses but for some insanely lucky breaks. Our own defense & special teams spots the offense two touchdowns, recovers a Bettis fumble at the Jets 20, and another pick of Roethlisberger. Hell, even one of the TD's that Pittsburgh DID get was gift-wrapped for them by Pennington.

Our team in '04 was nothing great, though they could have been more dangerous but for two things: coaching & quarterback.

The schedule only appears difficult when you add up the total W/L record which "lends" wins from a 15-1 Steelers team to a 4-12 Browns team. Smoke & mirrors.

They sucked. The Chargers in week 2 were still an awful team & I think Doug Flutie had to come in because Brees was so bad...and we still almost blew it. That team started 1-2 with their lone win in the first 3 games coming against the mighty Houston Texans. Seriously -- they won 10 games against teams who didn't have a winning record. Yipee.

And Seattle? They were 9-7 but also didn't beat anyone. Every win of theirs came against league doormats except for a lone win against the mighty Vikings (who also didn't beat anyone good all season long), and a week 17 win against the Falcons who rested all their starters.

Our schedule was easy in 2004. There were 3 regular season games that I would classify as truly difficult opponents (Pittsburgh & the two NE games) & we went 0-3 in those matchups. But hey, we beat the Browns, Cardinals, 49ers, Bengals, Texans, the Dolphins (twice), a winless Bills team, a Chargers team that still played like the '03 team that was worst in the NFL, and a Seahawks team who themselves couldn't beat anyone good. So we must have been great.

Then in the playoffs the Chargers again did jack squat because we weren't the '03 Chiefs or Raiders, after which Pittsburgh handed us our asses but for some insanely lucky breaks. Our own defense & special teams spots the offense two touchdowns, recovers a Bettis fumble at the Jets 20, and another pick of Roethlisberger. Hell, even one of the TD's that Pittsburgh DID get was gift-wrapped for them by Pennington.

Our team in '04 was nothing great, though they could have been more dangerous but for two things: coaching & quarterback.

The schedule only appears difficult when you add up the total W/L record which "lends" wins from a 15-1 Steelers team to a 4-12 Browns team. Smoke & mirrors.

the 2004 Jets started off 5-0 and were 10-4 before choking against the Rams

that was a good team

Archived