McFadden: MERGED

SUorangefootball

First of all moss was an assho$le before he hit the raiders... he mooned the crowd..he walked off the field beofre the game was over... he did alot of Sh$t... so stop with the raiders thing..

Anyways.. I do agree having a good locker room is important but if they are saying mcfaddens sex habits are bad then they are right.. to say hes not a good character human being is not ok.. nobody knows that... hes an awesome person in the locker room according to his coach at arkansas.. Pick this guys game apart is ok... label him something already is not cool..

And wait one second sperm!!! You have a short term memory... Moss had red flags all over at that draft!! Thats why he dropped like he did...

Actually, I should have trimmed Sperm's post. I'm not loving the Moss comparison. Still the idea of comparing Moss to the Pats with drafting McFadden at 6 is a bit much. One guy cost a 4th rounder, the other would be for 6th overall.

You may have a problem with people judging McFadden a "bad character" but the Jets had better make sure he isn't before they decide to pull his lever. There are plenty of guys with tons of ability that can't figure the play book, **** up the locker room or worse. In this day and age you also have to deal with the potential for suspension. McFadden has shown some bad judgment, he's had a couple of bar fights and may be knocking up chicks left and right. Good character or bad, there are red flags and they had better check him out up and down before they pick.

Put it this way, if you had to choose between two players of equal ability, one who impregnated four women in a three year span and was in two or more incidents involving the police and one who didn't, who would you pick?

• Replies 553
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Put it this way, if you had to choose between two players of equal ability, one who impregnated four women in a three year span and was in two or more incidents involving the police and one who didn't, who would you pick?

That sums it up.

McFadden has proven with his behavior that he isn't the kind of guy a competent NFL franchise would give $20 million.

I consider the Jets a competent franchise. I can't imagine what McFadden would do in NYC.

Take a look at my rep.... All I did was be on here all day long and contribute to the board. Never was really rude with anyone and just speaking from the heart.. I started alot of threads not all mcfadden... but I got slammed with negative posts because my view was different then the rest of the gang.. I know there are people on here for years and years and I know there are some that actually hangout with eachother in person.. But when I recieve e-mails from people that feel the way I do but are afraid to post or just telling me how they dont like the gang metality that goes on in this board then you have a problem.

You dont want mcfadden..then fine... but to start making fun of people and talking to them in an abusive way is not cool.. I said once that I would have forty guys at the draft with me.. One guy said wil they be wearing helmets? Crap like that is just provoking me too be aggressive..thats my nature.. but im the type to meet people in real life if they choose too.. I dont hide behind my name on this board..

I wanted to meet up with some of you or any of you for the draft..I think it would be awesome.. I follow the jets all year long just like all of you.. So it would be cool to speak to people with the same passion I do.. Most people dont even know whats going on..

I was at the dentist yesterday and some woman said hey you like the jets.. (she seen my jacket) and she was like we have season tickets.. I was like nice.... shes like they have to start doing something this year.. I told her who we signed and she seemed like not even interested...lol

One guy said theres a difference between fan and fanatic... I was like theres a difference between real fan and fake fans..

Anyways..I dont like everyone on this board but I do respect everyone and I apologize if I started too many posts on mcfadden or if I pissed some of you off... Its just I think it would be awesome to have my favorite college player...playing for my favorite team.. thats all...

anyways...23 days left..

Take a look at my rep.... All I did was be on here all day long and contribute to the board. Never was really rude with anyone and just speaking from the heart.. I started alot of threads not all mcfadden... but I got slammed with negative posts because my view was different then the rest of the gang.. I know there are people on here for years and years and I know there are some that actually hangout with eachother in person.. But when I recieve e-mails from people that feel the way I do but are afraid to post or just telling me how they dont like the gang metality that goes on in this board then you have a problem.

You dont want mcfadden..then fine... but to start making fun of people and talking to them in an abusive way is not cool.. I said once that I would have forty guys at the draft with me.. One guy said wil they be wearing helmets? Crap like that is just provoking me too be aggressive..thats my nature.. but im the type to meet people in real life if they choose too.. I dont hide behind my name on this board..

How as I abusive to you????

You need to grow thicker skin if you think if you think making a joke about Mcfadden is abusive towards YOU.

I am a McFadden fan, always have been. I just take the mickey out of people who think he is God-like. Never once have I said I don't like McFadden as a player.

There was a point when all you did here where basically all your posts were DMC related. That will obviously have people think that you're obsessed with him. (Like ecurb is with Chad). I'm not saying you are obsessed with McFadden, just that you came off that way.

You need to grow thicker skin if you think if you think making a joke about Mcfadden is abusive towards YOU.

I am a McFadden fan, always have been. I just take the mickey out of people who think he is God-like. Never once have I said I don't like McFadden as a player.

There was a point when all you did here where basically all your posts were DMC related. That will obviously have people think that you're obsessed with him. (Like ecurb is with Chad). I'm not saying you are obsessed with McFadden, just that you came off that way.

Well let me ask you something then... If your a mcfadden fan then why wouldnt you want this guy on your team then? You have us drafting Ryan... So he can sit on the bench the next two years? how the hell does that help us now? I am not opposed to take a QB later in the draft.. but not at 6..

Anyways..I dont like everyone on this board but I do respect everyone and I apologize if I started too many posts on mcfadden or if I pissed some of you off... Its just I think it would be awesome to have my favorite college player...playing for my favorite team.. thats all...

anyways...23 days left..

You respect everyone on this board? How can you expect us to trust your judgement?

I wanted to meet up with some of you or any of you for the draft..I think it would be awesome.. I follow the jets all year long just like all of you.. So it would be cool to speak to people with the same passion I do.. Most people dont even know whats going on..

I was at the dentist yesterday and some woman said hey you like the jets.. (she seen my jacket) and she was like we have season tickets.. I was like nice.... shes like they have to start doing something this year.. I told her who we signed and she seemed like not even interested...lol

One guy said theres a difference between fan and fanatic... I was like theres a difference between real fan and fake fans..

anyways...23 days left..

well I never neg repped ya... but I can understand why people did.

you start too many new threads about McFadden. That is extremely annoying. You didnt listen to people when they told you to stop. So you pissed people off.

you only have one opinion- draft mcfadden. You fight this to the death. Why? Because he was your favorite college player. Guess what? Your view is tainted because of your man-crush on him. You cannot accept the fact that there are good reasons why we shouldnt draft him or why there are better options. But you cant see that.

Most everyone on this thread is giving an opinion based on what is good for the football team with no bias or prejudice towards a certain player. You arent. That is also extremely annoying to people because you have no idea on how a discussion goes. A discussion has people presenting their ideas and have an exchange back and forth and understand the position of the other guy. You dont. You only have one opinion: draft mcfadden. You sound like his publicist.

I have learned more about McFadden than I really cared to from this thread. You have made me think about where he would fit in and whether he is the best player for us. I got something from this thread.

Have you done the same to other people's opinion? I'm going to go out on a limb and say no you havent.

When you respect other people's opinion, they will respect yours.

well I never neg repped ya... but I can understand why people did.

you start too many new threads about McFadden. That is extremely annoying. You didnt listen to people when they told you to stop. So you pissed people off.

you only have one opinion- draft mcfadden. You fight this to the death. Why? Because he was your favorite college player. Guess what? Your view is tainted because of your man-crush on him. You cannot accept the fact that there are good reasons why we shouldnt draft him or why there are better options. But you cant see that.

Most everyone on this thread is giving an opinion based on what is good for the football team with no bias or prejudice towards a certain player. You arent. That is also extremely annoying to people because you have no idea on how a discussion goes. A discussion has people presenting their ideas and have an exchange back and forth and understand the position of the other guy. You dont. You only have one opinion: draft mcfadden. You sound like his publicist.

I have learned more about McFadden than I really cared to from this thread. You have made me think about where he would fit in and whether he is the best player for us. I got something from this thread.

Have you done the same to other people's opinion? I'm going to go out on a limb and say no you havent.

When you respect other people's opinion, they will respect yours.

Tou are entirely off base with what you just said.. I give good reasons why he would help the jets.... Its not like im telling everyone to draft a position were we dont need the player.. We need a running back to take over for thomas jones.. hes getting old and he was not really effectve last year anyways... and was decent with the bears... He actually would have been out of a job alot earlier if cedric benson would have been anything else other then the bust...

I have posted alot of threads other then DMC... and yes I cant see why not draft him.. he has 4 kids? he has twiggy legs?? (so did alotother great rb's in history of football marcus allen is one of them) Hes another reggie bush? he will become rich and tear up NYC?? (like namath wasnt doing that??) he was drunk half the time... playng with hangovers and stil was great... these are all weak excuses..

We dont need a homerun threat.. we dont need a playmaker? we dont need speed..we dont need a guy that ripped right through glenn dorsey and the national champions? Played in the best division in college football..

If hes there at 6>>> You make the pic...

Honestly Lay of toon, if you don't want to read/haer about DMC don't check the thread. And speaking of respecting other people opnions opinions you shoudl take your own advice. He always backs up his posts and yeah they may same the same thing no one is forcing you to read them. We are all fans of the same team here give the guy a break. Now to offer my own opnion (against proir advice and clearly contradicting myself) You seem small and pathetic that you would rip another fan like that, also judging by your signature you are clearly an under educated NASCAR fan--I feel sorry for you and for myself and all other jets fans that we root for the same team. I expect this from new england fans. Thanks for your classey contributions to this fourm keep up the good work

Tou are entirely off base with what you just said.. I give good reasons why he would help the jets.... Its not like im telling everyone to draft a position were we dont need the player.. We need a running back to take over for thomas jones.. hes getting old and he was not really effectve last year anyways... and was decent with the bears... He actually would have been out of a job alot earlier if cedric benson would have been anything else other then the bust...

I have posted alot of threads other then DMC... and yes I cant see why not draft him.. he has 4 kids? he has twiggy legs?? (so did alotother great rb's in history of football marcus allen is one of them) Hes another reggie bush? he will become rich and tear up NYC?? (like namath wasnt doing that??) he was drunk half the time... playng with hangovers and stil was great... these are all weak excuses..

We dont need a homerun threat.. we dont need a playmaker? we dont need speed..we dont need a guy that ripped right through glenn dorsey and the national champions? Played in the best division in college football..

If hes there at 6>>> You make the pic...

You did give a few reasons. As i said if you read my whole post is I have thought more about McFadden because of what you've posted. But I cannot give your opinion too much weight because you are a fan of his. You have personal reasons why you want him. You will spout anything that makes your point look like the only valid point.

Im not here to have a discussion on whether he is the best choice or not. I'll leave that up to the front office to make the decision on who is the best player.

There are concerns about him. Valid concerns. There are bigger needs. Without a QB we are going to suck for a long time. Not that I think Ryan is the answer.

My whole point to you is you cannot allow it to enter your head that the "red flags" are valid concerns for a team. You dont allow it to enter your head that there are other players who would make a good choice. You only see McFadden.

And whether you make threads/posts about anything else... I dont notice. All I know about you is you love McFadden.

Im not trying to tell you that you are wrong. Im not trying to change your opinion on who we should draft. Im happy for you that you have a player you care so much about. But your way of putting it that somehow we are wrong for disagreeing with you is annoying. I just want people to learn how to have a civil, mature discussion where people see each other's point of view. You refuse to do that.

And just remember one thing: We dont get to choose who the Jets draft. We have no say. We have no input. All this is just an exercise in futility. You are getting yourself worked up over nothing.

Honestly Lay of toon, if you don't want to read/haer about DMC don't check the thread. And speaking of respecting other people opnions opinions you shoudl take your own advice. He always backs up his posts and yeah they may same the same thing no one is forcing you to read them. We are all fans of the same team here give the guy a break. Now to offer my own opnion (against proir advice and clearly contradicting myself) You seem small and pathetic that you would rip another fan like that, also judging by your signature you are clearly an under educated NASCAR fan--I feel sorry for you and for myself and all other jets fans that we root for the same team. I expect this from new england fans. Thanks for your classey contributions to this fourm keep up the good work

Who are you directing this at???

This post really confuses me

Now to offer my own opnion (against proir advice and clearly contradicting myself) You seem small and pathetic that you would rip another fan like that, also judging by your signature you are clearly an under educated NASCAR fan--I feel sorry for you and for myself and all other jets fans that we root for the same team. I expect this from new england fans. Thanks for your classey contributions to this fourm keep up the good work

Excuse me? Small and pathetic? I am giving the guy advice because he is crying that people are busting his balls about McFadden.

Please show me where I have "ripped" him?

And Im an under educated NASCAR fan? Wow. You know so much about me. Me and Cletus are going down to welfare office later to pick up our munny.

So, Toon can have an opinion, but I cant tell him he's acting like a jackass? I get called names from a nobody like you?

You are the under educated one if you think NASCAR is only supported by dumb hicks.

You know what.... screw this. You are outta here.

You are aware the same guy telling us to 'lay off toon' is the same guy who posted this:

Someone tell Favorite toon that his posts are weak all he does is jock Dmac, he knows nothing about football and prolly works in computers, so stick to fixing printers and stop posting about football or realize that Malcom Kelley is the best possible pick the Jets could take in the first round

:confused0058:

My rep is terrible since everyone destroyed it... anyways this is from the patriot board...

icon7.gifJets owner seen with his arm around McFadden...

... upon completing the Arkansas pro day (as per ESPN)

This could be seen as a glimmer of hope that Gholston might make it past the Jets.

Question would be... have any of the other five teams shown any interest in Gholston?

I've read in some mocks mention the Falcons, Rams, and Raiders.

Update on the rep thing.. I guess some how it improved...

My rep is terrible since everyone destroyed it... anyways this is from the patriot board...

This could be seen as a glimmer of hope that Gholston might make it past the Jets.

Question would be... have any of the other five teams shown any interest in Gholston?

In an ideal scenario McFadden nor Gholston would not fall to the Pats.

I fixed it. The flipside is that I had Beans tinker with yours on another level: every time you type "McFadden" or "DMC" you lose 100 rep points. And get an electric shock.

;)

I fixed it. The flipside is that I had Beans tinker with yours on another level: every time you type "McFadden" or "DMC" you lose 100 rep points. And get an electric shock.

;)

LOL!!!! Well I just spread around some good reputation.. I actually tried to give some to irish for a peace offering but it wouldnt let me...

Hey Sperm what do you make of Woody with his arm around mcfadden?? WHOA!! I JUST GOT SHOCKED!! WHAT THE HELL!! GUESS YOU WERE RIGHT>>> LOL

LOL!!!! Well I just spread around some good reputation.. I actually tried to give some to irish for a peace offering but it wouldnt let me...

Hey Sperm what do you make of Woody with his arm around mcfadden?? WHOA!! I JUST GOT SHOCKED!! WHAT THE HELL!! GUESS YOU WERE RIGHT>>> LOL

I have disallowed people from giving positive rep to Irish Jet. He's a punk.

LOL, before I read that comment I had already given Toon positive rep.

I'm afraid that anytime I give out neg rep that Smizzy will see it as a 'scandal'.

Than I'll get Lurkered.:shock:

;)

LOL...Ahh hes alright.. Btw I was watching alot of film of Flacco... I really wouldnt mind him with the second round pick..

LOL...Ahh hes alright.. Btw I was watching alot of film of Flacco... I really wouldnt mind him with the second round pick..

I think Flacco is overated TBH.

People have bashed Colt Brennan for never performing vs great opposition and talk about how his stats were padded by the low competition. I fail to see how that criticism is never used with Flacco.

He has the physical tools no doubt, but he will take a very long time to adjust to this level of competition. I wouldn't take him TBH, especially when our off-season pickups seem to be based on Tangini/Woody wanting the team to win now.

In an ideal scenario McFadden nor Gholston would not fall to the Pats.

I think there is a very real chance of this happening. If McFadden is gone by #6 (Which I assume would be due to either the Raiders picking him, or trading the pick to someone else) I really believe that the Jets would go Gholston, in which case I think the Pats would go for their top rated CB.

Worse case scenario, is one of these players fall to them and they find a way to trade back and pick up another future first rd pick.

How about Wr Hardy?? 6ft5

Hardy is my top choice for our second round pick. I think a big tall WR would improve this team dramatically in the red zone. I wouldn't even mind trading up into the late first to make sure that we get him.

If Flacco makes it out of the first RD, I don't see anyway he makes it past Miami or Atlanta in the second.

i smell a toon alias...IP check in isle five!

Archived