Chad Pennington Will Win The SuperBowl As QB Of The NYJ

Maxman

I agree. I am , and always will believe Chad can take us to where we want to be. Look at 2004. We had a SOLID defense, a SOLID OL, and a SOLID WR corps. I know we only got to the divisional round(with a kicker who didn't choke we'd go farther) but Chad was the only QB since Vinny in 99 to get us that far. I'm telling you if you gve Chad a good running game, solid OL, and a good WR corps then you have a WINNING QB.

When we win the SB Chad will hoist the title, and say in his head he proved to more than half of Jets fans that he can WIN.

Anyone who blames the 2004 divisional loss on Doug Brien is seriously deluding themselves. How is a kicker not making what would have been the longest field goal ever in Heinz Field more outrageous than a starting QB with a SOLID defense,a SOLID offensive line, and a SOLID receiving corps(not to mention our two good running backs) putting up, what was it three points? maybe six?

Chad Pennington was exposed again in that game. He is decent enough to scrape together ten wins in the regular season against weak competition. When the playoffs come around and he is pressured and put in less than perfect situations, he fails. That is never going to change.

• Replies 140
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Anyone who blames the 2004 divisional loss on Doug Brien is seriously deluding themselves. How is a kicker not making what would have been the longest field goal ever in Heinz Field more outrageous than a starting QB with a SOLID defense,a SOLID offensive line, and a SOLID receiving corps(not to mention our two good running backs) putting up, what was it three points? maybe six?

Chad Pennington was exposed again in that game. He is decent enough to scrape together ten wins in the regular season against weak competition. When the playoffs come around and he is pressured and put in less than perfect situations, he fails. That is never going to change.

That loss was all CP and Herm. They couldn't have gotten 10 more yards on that last field goal? I mean the kicking conditions in that field aren't that great, in a pressure cooker like the playoffs. You can't give the guy anything better than 49 yard attempts. At least move that ball up a few yards and give him a legitimate shot at a 39-41 yarder. We had doug brien not Adam Vinitierie(I could never spell his name)

That loss was all CP and Herm. They couldn't have gotten 10 more yards on that last field goal? I mean the kicking conditions in that field aren't that great, in a pressure cooker like the playoffs. You can't give the guy anything better than 49 yard attempts. At least move that ball up a few yards and give him a legitimate shot at a 39-41 yarder. We had doug brien not Adam Vinitierie(I could never spell his name)

But he missed 3 kicks not like one 49 yarder. The 49 yarder I expected him to miss, but after that he had another chance to win it in regulation, then he had another attempt in OT. I don't know the distances in the last 2 kicks, but they were much shorter than 49 yards.

But he missed 3 kicks not like one 49 yarder. The 49 yarder I expected him to miss, but after that he had another chance to win it in regulation, then he had another attempt in OT. I don't know the distances in the last 2 kicks, but they were much shorter than 49 yards.

Think about it this way: Those three missed kicks were the result of three drives where CP failed to A) Score a touchdown. B) Get the offense close enough for a chip shot field goal.

Think about it this way: Those three missed kicks were the result of three drives where CP failed to A) Score a touchdown. B) Get the offense close enough for a chip shot field goal.

A few factors to those scenarios. 1. Pitt's D was great all game, so it's not like Chad played great all game,a nd failed in the clutch. 2. In OT your goal is to get to your kickers range, and a little further, but your not suppost to look for the big play as it's too risky, an w eid get in Brien's range, so Chad got the job done there. 3. Time was an issue on the 2nd kick at the end of regulation, so can't blame Chad as he didn't have time to play with, and wouldn't want to go for the big play, and then cause a turnover, he did what he could and Brien couldn't finish.

Bottom line is the QB goes out in each situation, and is told what to do, and how far to go. The reason for that is to let your kicker close the deal, and Brien did not do his job. You wonder why he was released that offseason.

He missed three 45+ yard field goals. You would think after the first miss that they would think "Gee, maybe we should try to get it a little closer for our guy, he is obviously having trouble making these long ass field goals in one of the worse places to kick them in the league."

Two things factored into that. 1. time. 2. Pitt's D was playing great all game.

To win the Super Bowl you need to have a quarterback who can beat a great defense and can get points on the board without a lot of time left. It has been proven many, many times that Chad cannot do either thing.

Try again.

He hit from 42 early in the game, then hit the crossbar from 47, and for some stupid reason, thought he had to kick it harder from 43 and hooked it.

A few factors to those scenarios. 1. Pitt's D was great all game, so it's not like Chad played great all game,a nd failed in the clutch.

Your right. Chad sucked all game AND failed in the clutch.

2. In OT your goal is to get to your kickers range, and a little further, but your not suppost to look for the big play as it's too risky, an w eid get in Brien's range, so Chad got the job done there.

After Brien missed 2 from 40+, I think it would have been safe to assume that was beyond his range.

3. Time was an issue on the 2nd kick at the end of regulation, so can't blame Chad as he didn't have time to play with, and wouldn't want to go for the big play, and then cause a turnover, he did what he could and Brien couldn't finish.

He had 1:46. Not every drive can be 6 minutes long.

Bottom line is the QB goes out in each situation, and is told what to do, and how far to go. The reason for that is to let your kicker close the deal, and Brien did not do his job. You wonder why he was released that offseason.

Brien was released so Herm could have a scapegoat.

A few factors to those scenarios. 1. Pitt's D was great all game, so it's not like Chad played great all game,a nd failed in the clutch. 2. In OT your goal is to get to your kickers range, and a little further, but your not suppost to look for the big play as it's too risky, an w eid get in Brien's range, so Chad got the job done there. 3. Time was an issue on the 2nd kick at the end of regulation, so can't blame Chad as he didn't have time to play with, and wouldn't want to go for the big play, and then cause a turnover, he did what he could and Brien couldn't finish.

So Chad's 21/33, 182 yard, 1 INT performance is not to blame? Did Chad even crack the redzone?

If a team is attempting 40+ yard field goals it means that the offense has stalled.

BTW: If the Steelers defense was so great why did the Pats shred them the next week (in Pittsburgh)?

So Chad's 21/33, 182 yard, 1 INT performance is not to blame? Did Chad even crack the redzone?

If a team is attempting 40+ yard field goals it means that the offense has stalled.

BTW: If the Steelers defense was so great why did the Pats shred them the next week (in Pittsburgh)?

Seriously, if any one of those 4-5 40+ field goals turned into a Touchdown we would have won that game. You think maybe Brien was struggling late in the game because he was tired from kicking 40-50 yard field goals all damned day.

Seriously, if any one of those 4-5 40+ field goals turned into a Touchdown we would have won that game. You think maybe Brien was struggling late in the game because he was tired from kicking 40-50 yard field goals all damned day.

Our coach took the air out of the ball.. and he didn't try 5 40-50 yd field goals...

You're a moron, did you watch the 04 playoffs. Dude can't win in the postseason. end of story. Don't be a homer.

Normally, I'd agree, but look at the past 2 years alone: Rex Grossman made the superbowl, and Eli Manning won it. Now I don't care what anyone else says, Eli Manning is an average quaterback at best and Rex Grossman is probably one of the worst I've ever seen in the NFL.

You banned DWC just to make all his posts for him? Bastard.

Let's get one thing straight -- I didn't ban him. haha, all you bastards were pissed off and posting. That is a good combination!

Just like how you used to say "Herm Edwards will win the Super Bowl as HC of the NYJ".

Guess this is Chad's last season then.

I never said that. You can't prove it. Those records have been destroyed.

That "Noodle" arm got us to 3 playoff visits(5 playoff games), 2 playoff victories, a division title(first since 99), our first visit to the afc divisional round since 99, two 10 win seasons, 3 above .500 seasons, and oh yeah he won a comeback player of the year award with that "Noodle" arm. The "Noodle" arm has made some very nice deep throws in the past, including one last year.

I forgot one big fact that the "Noddle" arm is one of the most accurate arms in the history of the NFL. Also the guy with the "Noodle" arm is one of the best game managers, and one of the smartest QB's in the history of the NFL.

Obviously the "Noodle" arm isn't as bad as you guys make it out ot be. Maybe you guys can just believe that arm strength isn't everything for a QB.

CHAD FOR 08!!!!!!

KEEP DOUBTING IT ONLY MOTIVATES HIM MORE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

2008=Year of the Chad!

CPF coming to a city near you September 2008

Anyone who doesn't think Chad is a great QB is insane, the numbers back it up.

First off the most obvious. Johnny Unitas. Some say he was the best ever. Would a team give up a high draft pick for Johnny U? Well what if I told you that Unitas completed only a measly 54.6% of his passes. Chad has completed an incredible 65.4%! Including 68% this year. That alone should be enough statistical and mathematical evidence to prove that we Tannenbaum's phone should be ringing off the hook the next few days. The numbers speak for themselves, and god bless you Johnny U but Chad may be the better man.

How about Otto Graham? Have you ever heard of him? Yeah he was kind of a big deal for the Cleveland Browns of the 1950s. During his years in the NFL (The AAFL numbers really don't count because he was playing crummy teams) he threw 88 TDs, to 94 interceptions! Chad Pennington has 78 touchdowns compared to a microscopic 52 ints! With these numbers, I dare you to deny that Chad is actually better than Otto Graham.

How about Warren Moon? A guy some people say may be the best pure passer of all time. Warren Moon averaged 7.2 yards per attempt. Well, guess who MATCHES him? Chad Pennington also has averaged 7.2 yards per attempt during his career! So lets chalk up another QB that Chad has equal or greater talent.

Bart Starr of the 1966 Packers? Please. He threw for 2257 yards. Chad threw for 2673 in 2004 in one less game! (14 to 13)

Dan Marino in 1984 was maybe the greatest season ever for a quarterback? He had -7 yards rushing that year. Never once in Chad's career has he been in negative rushing!

Fellow Jet fans, after stating this evidence I am beginning to believe maybe we are all jumping to a fatal conclusion if we even consider letting this NFL Legend leave our team.

I used to be Chad's biggest fan. That was back when he was accurate and didn't make mistakes.

Unfortunately, since he came back from rotator #2, he's not as accurate because the shoulder probably is just not stable, AND he takes many more risks, leading to picks.

We are lucky to have a guy like Chad on our team. He is so unselfish, remember when he took a paycut to get Coles here and then took another paycut before the 2006 season. We owe it to Chad to start after all he has given this organization.

With a great O-Line we can use the playaction, and with a offensive coordinatior and coach that will unleash Chad's deep balls skills Air Pennington will light up the scoreboards.

Archived