Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
He gives us one hundred times the chance that Pennington or Clemens does.

That seems to be the popular opinion, but why?

Some people here don't realize that some of the things Jet fans have killed Pennington for in the past, apply to the 38 year old Favre.

He will only get the team so far. Yes he won a SB 12 ****ing years ago, but it's a different era and he's a different player. He has failed woefully in his recent playoff efforts, just like our boy Chaddy P. He struggles vs the Good defenses and beats up on the weaker ones, just like our boy Chaddy P.

Like I said, if he doesn't win a SB with the 07 Packers, then he doesn't win a SB here and there is no other reason to bring him in. Simple as that.

4,155 yards passing

28 TDs

15 interceptions

66.5 completion %

If that is washed up, sign me up for some.

He was on a great team last year. GREAT. He beat up a very weak schedule and **** the bed when it came to playing the better defenses. Go back another 2 years and you will see more of a reality with Faver. He is not what he once was.

you wanna scap with me now too soflo? ill come down to boca and beat your head in with a ratchet jerky

I didn't mean you DK...I KNOW you know your NFL and Jets history-I was talking about the guy who 3 years ago thought football was soccer

Some people here don't realize that some of the things Jet fans have killed Pennington for in the past, apply to the 38 year old Favre.

He will only get the team so far. Yes he won a SB 12 ****ing years ago, but it's a different era and he's a different player. He has failed woefully in his recent playoff efforts, just like our boy Chaddy P. He struggles vs the Good defenses and beats up on the weaker ones, just like our boy Chaddy P.

Like I said, if he doesn't win a SB with the 07 Packers, then he doesn't win a SB here and there is no other reason to bring him in. Simple as that.

How many conference championship games has Chad led the Jets to?

I believe the washed up Brett Favre started in one of those things about seven months ago.

It's not worth it. He will get us no further than Pennington could. He will, as always, make the playoffs and the completely fall apart when he plays a good defense. He's overrated, like nothing normal.

Was a great QB, not anymore. He's washed up.

He played better against the Giants than Brady did...

Really? I don't have the stat, but I would love to see the number of times Favre brought his team from behind to win in the 4th quarter vs Chad. Might be a little revealing.

He was on a great team last year. GREAT. He beat up a very weak schedule and **** the bed when it came to playing the better defenses. Go back another 2 years and you will see more of a reality with Faver. He is not what he once was.

LMAO @ A great team. The jets have MUCH better skill players than they did.

Yes there is to replace the failure that is Kellen Clemens. Farve at any age for a 4th is worth it. Where 2nd and 1st came from, i have no clue. Chad gives us the best chance and Favre vs. Clemens is a joke to even debate. Great offer. I think they bite.

Like I said The 08 Jets are a defensive juggernaut with a good offense.

and now the Jets once again have a weaker schedule, unlike cleveland (whom everyone is jumping on their bandwagon) who has to face the AFC north south and NFC east. good luck cleveland.

And I truly believe this Jets team is better than the 2007 Packers, minus the QB position. And before you say how can you compare a team that went to the Championship game to a team that went 4-12, remember where the packers and Jets were just the year before last year and what the Jets have added to their team.

How many conference championship games has Chad led the Jets to?

I believe the washed up Brett Favre started in one of those things about seven months ago.

How'd he do in that game BTW?

Funnily enough he had a similar game to the one everyone killed Pennington for having vs Pitt in 2004, which would have brought Pennington to, that's right an AFC Championship game. If anything he was much worse, heck at least with Pennington we were in a position to win the game. Twice.

Favre OTOH, was absolutely awful, only survived to OT because of Tynes missing two attempts to win it, and then he throws the game away in OT.

Yeah, great point.

Yes there is to replace the failure that is Kellen Clemens. Farve at any age for a 4th is worth it. Where 2nd and 1st came from, i have no clue. Chad gives us the best chance and Favre vs. Clemens is a joke to even debate. Great offer. I think they bite.

Like I said The 08 Jets are a defensive juggernaut with a good offense.

There is only one little problem with your scenario. The Jets can't pay both Favre and Chad their salaries. If the Jets get Favre, Chad is gone so fast one of the scrub receivers will be wearing #10 the next day.

And I truly believe this Jets team is better than the 2007 Packers, minus the QB position. And before you say how can you compare a team that went to the Championship game to a team that went 4-12, remember where the packers and Jets were just the year before last year and what the Jets have added to their team.

That's your opinion. That's fair enough.

I don't see where you come up with it though. There are still too many questions surrounding the additions made, we have no idea how they will all click.

There is only one little problem with your scenario. The Jets can't pay both Favre and Chad their salaries. If the Jets get Favre, Chad is gone so fast one of the scrub receivers will be wearing #10 the next day.

I love that scenario DM...oh but to see Juan Wong wearing number 10 Thursday night

According to him getting to the conference championship game isn't a good season.

What makes it so much better than a Wild Card or Divisional Playoff loss? Really?

Besides, It's pointless talking about it because there isn't a chance in Hell Favre makes the AFC Title game with the Jets, he would get eaten alive by AFC D's

That's your opinion. That's fair enough.

I don't see where you come up with it though. There are still too many questions surrounding the additions made, we have no idea how they will all click.

The point is, if the additions do work out, then Favre will have the supporting cast to duplicate at least what he did last year. Tangini should not be afraid to go for it all.

Archived