Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

He's a soon to be 39 year old QB, will likely play no more than one season, will more than likely bomb in the way he has in 2 of the last 3 years and will not bring us any closer to a Superbowl.

Yeah, a possible 1st rounder for that? Why not.:roll:

Do you understand at all how escalators work? I swear you do not pay attention at all unless it helps whatever your agenda is. IT WOULD NOT BE A FIRST IF HE DOES WHAT YOU SAY HE WILL. It probably only would become a first if he makes the pro-bowl and we get to the superbowl.

Honestley Favre to the Jets is a *****ing dream for us. At first I was hesitant but look what it will get us...

- 2 to 3 years of one of the top QBs of all time who just came off statistically one of his best seasons

- A stop-gap so we can find a legit QB to succeed Favre. I'm a huge Clemens fan and even I am starting to believe he will become nothing but a back up. Pennington is a joke and should not have been in the long term plans for us ever since he first tore his rotator cuff

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Do you understand at all how escalators work? I swear you do not pay attention at all unless it helps whatever your agenda is. IT WOULD NOT BE A FIRST IF HE DOES WHAT YOU SAY HE WILL. It probably only would become a first if he makes the pro-bowl and we get to the superbowl.

Honestley Favre to the Jets is a *****ing dream for us. At first I was hesitant but look what it will get us...

- 2 to 3 years of one of the top QBs of all time who just came off statistically one of his best seasons

- A stop-gap so we can find a legit QB to succeed Favre. I'm a huge Clemens fan and even I am starting to believe he will become nothing but a back up. Pennington is a joke and should not have been in the long term plans for us ever since he first tore his rotator cuff

nice to see you back iceman.

your argument is great, favre gives the team the best chance to win while at the same time it gives tannenbaum and clinksales time to find a replacement, which is what they need, time.

Jets | Pennington may be out

Wed, 6 Aug 2008 15:58:40 -0700

Mike Cannizzaro, of the New York Post, reports it is unlikely that New York Jets QB Chad Pennington would remain with the team if the Jets acquire Green Bay Packers QB Brett Favre.

If we were to get Farve, Chad would be going to GB in the trade. They are looking for a veteren QB to back up Rodgers. I think it was a slip by Mortensen.

Okay.

WR's - Green Bay

RB's - Green Bay

O-line - Considering we still haven't seen this unit play - Green Bay

You are wrong yet again.

WR- besides Driver we have the better unit as a whole. All of the young WRs who played great were great because of a system. Put any Jets WR in that position and they do just as well

RB - Are you *****ing kidding me? Ryan Grant was the luckiest person alive last year and with his new contract I bet he becomes a huge dud. I'm not a huge Thomas Jones fan but him and Leon combined are better than what the Packers offer

O-Line - we have to wait till this season to judge so I won't make a decision but if Faneca and Woody prove they earned the money we gave them theres no way the Jets O-line isn't better

I said 'possible 1st rounder'.

-How the **** do you know Favre will play 2 to 3 years. Just a few weeks ago he had packed it up FFS. You have no clue whatsoever as to how long he will play. Bringing more instability in the long term to the QB position.

- A stop gap? Yeah, wasn't he meant to be that for Rodgers in GB? How'd that work out.

He was on a great team last year. GREAT. He beat up a very weak schedule and **** the bed when it came to playing the better defenses. Go back another 2 years and you will see more of a reality with Faver. He is not what he once was.

The 07 packers were a great team because of Favre. That team doesnt have any standout players. None.

*Jets have more talent on both sides of the ball than the Packers do.

Bottom of the barrel argument. You have been SCHOOLED all day.

Mike, the day you 'school' someone is the day Hell freezes over.

My point in bringing up Wes Welker is that you have no clue at all when it comes to judging NFL WR's. Simply put, you have no credibility in the argument.

Here's what I'm hearing about the potential Favre deal tonight:

• I want to stress that I wouldn't bet my mortgage on this but it is what I've heard reliably. I hear the Jets are offering a solid third-round draft choice that could rise to a first-round draft choice depending on the team's performance and how well Favre plays.

• I'm told the Bucs positively would not make an offer that lofty. The Packers have suggested a couple of different scenarios involving draft choices with Tampa Bay but I hear that the Packers are not close to doing anything tonight.

• My gut feeling? Brett Favre Held Hostage will reach Thursday or perhaps longer. Tampa Bay general manager Bruce Allen drives a very hard bargain, and I wouldn't expect the Packers to be able to do business easily with him. I don't know if Favre or agent Bus Cook has told Green Bay where he prefers to play, but if his choice is Tampa Bay, this could take a while, especially if the Packers are willing to send him to a team they play in Week 4.

-How the **** do you know Favre will play 2 to 3 years. Just a few weeks ago he had packed it up FFS. You have no clue whatsoever as to how long he will play. Bringing more instability in the long term to the QB position.

- A stop gap? Yeah, wasn't he meant to be that for Rodgers in GB? How'd that work out.

how do we know he'll play for another 2 years, see how hard it was for the guy to retire, the only way they'll get him to hang it up is if he's got a lombardi trophy in his hand or he's an invalid

Yeah except its pretty obvious by the way you worded your arguments you are trying to make it sound much worse than it is to beef up your point.

Secondly want to know why Favre will play 2-3 years? Because he will want to prove ted thompson (who he ****ing hates) and Mike McCarthy wrong for telling him to retire so they can move on. Even if Favre wasn't pushed to retire he feels like he was and you can tell he holds a grudge against Packers management. He's not going to be back one year and then just leave.

nommed for this one to the bot...can somebody post me a YouTuber of Alice Cooper doing School's Out

The 07 packers were a great team because of Favre. That team doesnt have any standout players. None.

Right. They had the best CB tandem in the NFC last season, a great group of young LB's, a tremendous pass rushing force in KGB and Kampman on an overall very strong line.

They had a GREAT O-line (Most important unit in football) and a very strong WR core in Jennings and Driver, who complement each other perfectly. Most of Greg Jennings big plays seemed to come on YAC so don't even bother saying it was Favre who made the WR's.

Ryan Grant was also as good as any back in football through the second half of last season.

Your point is complete BS.

Yeah except its pretty obvious by the way you worded your arguments you are trying to make it sound much worse than it is to beef up your point.

Secondly want to know why Favre will play 2-3 years? Because he will want to prove ted thompson (who he ****ing hates) and Mike McCarthy wrong for telling him to retire so they can move on. Even if Favre wasn't pushed to retire he feels like he was and you can tell he holds a grudge against Packers management. He's not going to be back one year and then just leave.

So instead of him retiring we get even more of this 'will he, wont he' crap. ****ing perfect.

So instead of him retiring we get even more of this 'will he, wont he' crap. ****ing perfect.

Ok except that won't matter to us or change or preperation for that season at all. If we think he will be here for 2-3 years our top priority next season whether he is here or not is to find our starting QB of the future through the draft or trades. Once we have that he can sit for the next 2 seasons max while Favre keeps playing. If Favre retires we let Clemens stop gap for a year or through the new QB into the fire and see how he does.

Also the best part about getting Favre is it makes Pennington expendable and we can possibly recoup some losses trading him to another team, or we can just cut him. That would be equally as awesome.

Right. They had the best CB tandem in the NFC last season, a great group of young LB's, a tremendous pass rushing force in KGB and Kampman on an overall very strong line.

They had a GREAT O-line (Most important unit in football) and a very strong WR core in Jennings and Driver, who complement each other perfectly. Most of Greg Jennings big plays seemed to come on YAC so don't even bother saying it was Favre who made the WR's.

Ryan Grant was also as good as any back in football through the second half of last season.

Your point is complete BS.

They wont sniff what they did last season without Favre.

Favre allows his WRs to gain YAC because he delivers the ball at the right time, you dooshey.

true IJ but we also get a chance to watch a Jets quarterback throw the ball downfield...it's been too long since we had a QB who can actually DO that....Vinny Testaverde threw for like 29 TDs a decade ago....since then we haven't seen ****-I for one would LOVE to watch a Jet throw for 30 again-Farve can do that for us

your completely infatuated with me. thats cool....

No, I'm just waiting for you to ''chime in''. I still haven't heard anything of substance in this thread, just ego pumping. it's all good, kid. :)

Archived