Farve contemplating a return?

Alk

i am sure he is a nice guy (kellen) BUT if he is looking scared and lost in practice.. i cant see him in games... he was lost and had no pocket presence last year.. and it doesnt seem like it is going to be different this year.

i would rather have brett and chad...

if we dont have brett...

i would rather have chad.

can't afford 'em both GG-Chad makes 10 mil this year and Farve even more than that...gotta pick only one...

• Replies 1.8k
  • Created
  • Last Reply
My opinions on Pennington changed due to his performances. Is there something wrong with that? Is there something wrong with changing my opinions based on what I saw from his play?

Sorry I wasn't aware that I had to completely stand by my original viewpoint no matter what.

You argued just as hard for Pennington last year and he made you look like a fool. Just like Favre will if the jets pull this off.

BP, ill make you a promise.

if you print out this whole thread and send a SASE to my post office box, I will sign it for you and send it back so you can frame it

Throw in an autographed picture of yourself with Thor and you have a deal.

i am sure he is a nice guy (kellen) BUT if he is looking scared and lost in practice.. i cant see him in games... he was lost and had no pocket presence last year.. and it doesnt seem like it is going to be different this year.

i would rather have brett and chad...

if we dont have brett...

i would rather have chad.

The thing is though he's not exactly an idiot so I have no idea why he is so lost out there. He has all the physical tools it's just a matter of everything clicking for him and if that ever happens and he's not on the Jets we are going to be pissed cause he will be good.

Peter King of SI.com reports that the Jets are offering a conditional third-round pick for Brett Favre "that could rise to a first-round draft choice depending on the team's performance and how well Favre plays."

King speculates that the Bucs won't make any offer that good and notes "that the Packers are not close to doing anything tonight." The Packers would no doubt prefer to get Favre out of the NFC and multiple reports agree that the Jets' offer is superior, but Favre is said to be lukewarm on New York.

My opinions on Pennington changed due to his performances. Is there something wrong with that? Is there something wrong with changing my opinions based on what I saw from his play?

Sorry I wasn't aware that I had to completely stand by my original viewpoint no matter what.

Barack Irish Jet.... flip flopping on the issues daily.

Jennings has exactly 0 1000 yard seasons and driver is mediocre. Ryan Grant was an undrafted FA who is NOT better than TJ and NOWHERE CLOSE to the TJ Washington combo and anyone who thinks the jets with facena don't have a better OL than GB is a moron with an agenda.

How is Driver 'mediocre'?

Yes, Jennings has not had a 1000 yard season. He did however get 920 yards in 13 games, along with 12 TD's, this in his 2nd year. Jennings is turning into a stud.

You don't know that the Jets O-line will be as great as it looks on paper, Woody could be awful FFS. Green Bay had one of the very best O-lines in the NFL last season, it's a tough task for our unit to gel so quickly and get to that level.

TJ blows.

You the jets have a good defense, and a good O line now, the biggest question that will keep you from challenging the Pats would be the QB positon... You know what you have in Pennington, Clemens is not that ready apperently according to you guys and your front office..

If Mangenius conviences farve to come to ny, then the Pats vs Jets game is bigger than the spygate bowl or Mangini bowls.. Farve vs Brady, Pats vs Jets.. Would like to see it , all you can say is bring it on

I know why FESPN is pushing for the Jets to get Farve , they hate the Pats as much as Jets fans..

Let it play out, but kudous to your front office ,because they know they need to win now, and chad pennington is not the awnser..

Yea that is the good news GH...at least they finally see Penny ain't the answer and they have admitted it and are trying to get Farve

Your view point went from "Chad is the greatest QB in Jets history! He will lead us to the Superbowl" to "CHAD SUCKS HE SHOULD BE KICKED OUT OF FOOTBALL!" in a matter of weeks. You then went back to "Chads a great QB and will lead a better team to the Superbowl" That didn't all happen from watching games, it was way to sudden and way to far across the spectrum of Chad hate to be from watching his performances.

It's performance based.

If Favre delivers us a Superbowl win, then by all means, take the 32nd pick.

If you could do that, I'd be the first on board. A Super Bowl is worth a first round pick. Hell, it's worth 2 1st round picks, I'm certain the Chargers are envious of the Giants.

But I do not believe you can do that. You can't have any bonuses tied to performance. I'm not sure whether that extends to draft picks as compensation, but somehow I think it does. We can have it tied into pro bowl appearances though I believe. If it's for 2 Pro Bowl appearances, that would probably fly, and that'd work great for us as well.

Yes, Jennings has not had a 1000 yard season. He did however get 920 yards in 13 games, along with 12 TD's, this in his 2nd year. Jennings is turning into a stud.

You don't know that the Jets O-line will be as great as it looks on paper, Woody could be awful FFS. Green Bay had one of the very best O-lines in the NFL last season, it's a tough task for our unit to gel so quickly and get to that level.

TJ blows.

Yeah. WITH BRETT FAVRE THROWING TO HIM. Neither Coles OR Cotchery has EVER had a QB that good.

TJ blows.

Look TJ may be a dancer behind the LOS and certaintly isn't top 15 at his position but he definitely doesn't blow. I don't care how many attempts it took him or how few TDs he got but he ran for 1,000 yards behind one of the worst O-lines I have ever seen. He will be much better with a new O-line that can actually make holes and Washington is still there and hopefully get more carries.

TJ blows.

yeah and Tom Brady turned randy moss from a washed up quitter who supposedly lost a step into a record setting receiver.

what's your point

Yeah, I'm sick of reading this ****. Hopefully Favre ends up in Tampa, where he'll crash, burn and piss away his legacy. Anyways, **** this thread until such a time comes.

Translation: I lost this argument and have no hope in it so I will pretend to be above it and hope everyone forgets.

EDIT: Also who the **** cares how Favre does in Tampa, its a completely different situation then if he came to NY so it means nothing.

If you could do that, I'd be the first on board. A Super Bowl is worth a first round pick. Hell, it's worth 2 1st round picks, I'm certain the Chargers are envious of the Giants.

But I do not believe you can do that. You can't have any bonuses tied to performance. I'm not sure whether that extends to draft picks as compensation, but somehow I think it does. We can have it tied into pro bowl appearances though I believe. If it's for 2 Pro Bowl appearances, that would probably fly, and that'd work great for us as well.

conditional picks are done all the time serphnx...Vilma is a perfect example...if he plays a certain amount of time with New Orleans this year we could get a 3rd rounder instead of a 4th rounder

conditional picks are done all the time serphnx...Vilma is a perfect example...if he plays a certain amount of time with New Orleans this year we could get a 3rd rounder instead of a 4th rounder

That has nothing to do with his performance. It is merely tied to the number of games played, and only in the regular season iirc. You can't put in a clause for stats or playoff games. You can only put in a state for games or snaps played. Of course if Favre plays he'll play every game, unless we are truly a cursed franchise, so that's not even a concern. What the poster I quoted wanted was to tie the compensation to a Super Bowl victory.

You can give bonuses for playoff appearances, I think those are actually set by the league. So every time you win the Super Bowl you get more money than if you just went 1-15.

BTW, Ive been reading the ESPN blogs... It looks as if our offer is a 4th rder, which could turn into a 2nd rder depending on performance.

The Packers apparently would be willing to accept that offer, but are giving the Buccs a chance to put an offer of their own on the table (the Packers want something in the ballpark of a 3rd round pick (could turn to 2nd) and Brian Griese(sp?). That way both the Packers management and Brett Favre, who needs to agree to any trade, can weigh their options and make the best decision.

Looks to me like this ain't getting done till tomorrow night at the earliest.

Archived