Stephen A. Smith

Jetsfan80

couldn't agree more...the fact that they gave this guy a show talking anything but basketball just shows that ESPN wants him to be a name no matter how bad he is at what he does. The guy just makes it up as he goes along when he talks about MLB, NFL, or anything other than hoops

Dan Patricks slot is unlistenable as well. I can't stand when people call in and tell him height and weight.

Dan Patrick is the absolute cure for insomnia. I have never heard a radio show with more dead air than this one...

Jim Rome is the most insufferable human being ever. I used to not mind Steven A. Smith when he spoke about things he knew about like basketball. Every comment he makes on any other sport will either be recycled garbage from the other ESPN analysts in that sport or just completely fabricated. I'd LOVE to embarass him in a football conversation.

You would be hard pressed to find ANYONE on ESPN that isn't full of themselves or has no f'ing clue what they're talking about. Patrick used to be alright, now's hes a tool, and if I saw Stephen A Smith walking down the street I'd tell him how much of a friggin idiot he is. Same goes for Bayless, pretty much everyone on Around the Horn, (Paige especially), Mike Golic, John Kruk, John Clayton, Sean Salisbury, Rick Sutcliffe, and many others.

guys I like:

Harold Reynolds

Karl Ravech

Kenny Mayne (although is never on there anymore)

Peter Gammons (occassionally when he isn't being a homer to the Sox or Yanks)

Barry Melrose (Fear the mullet!)

Peter Buccigross (What Eddie Vedder is to Pearl Jam, Peter Buccigross is to NHL2Nite.)

Darren Pang

Gary Thorne

Jon Miller

guys I like:

Harold Reynolds

Karl Ravech

Kenny Mayne (although is never on there anymore)

Peter Gammons (occassionally when he isn't being a homer to the Sox or Yanks)

Barry Melrose (Fear the mullet!)

Peter Buccigross (What Eddie Vedder is to Pearl Jam, Peter Buccigross is to NHL2Nite.)

Darren Pang

Gary Thorne

Jon Miller

That's a good list, Maverick ... only guy I would remove is Kenny Mayne

That California Surfer Dude persona just doesn't mix with sports in my view ... somehow I just can't picture Jeff Spicoli being a fan of the 3-4 defense :mrgreen:

Harold Reynolds is my main man ... LOVE THE GUY ... in a world filled with Yankee haters, H.R. often sounds like an unabashed Yankee fan! =D>

That guy loves the pinstripes

That's a good list, Maverick ... only guy I would remove is Kenny Mayne

That California Surfer Dude persona just doesn't mix with sports in my view ... somehow I just can't picture Jeff Spicoli being a fan of the 3-4 defense :mrgreen:

Harold Reynolds is my main man ... LOVE THE GUY ... in a world filled with Yankee haters, H.R. often sounds like an unabashed Yankee fan! =D>

That guy loves the pinstripes

I like Harold Reynolds as well. He's one of the best baseball guys ESPN has. And Tim Kurkjian is pretty good too. And speaking of what an idiot Sean Salisbury is, they just did a small segment of NFL Live during Sportscenter and the question was which AFCE team has the best chance of beating the Pats, and he said the Bills. Please, a team with J.P. Losman is not going to beat the Pats. Schlereth picked the Jets and also picked them to win the division, which I'm not even sure if I see happening. :)

And Stephen A is, quite frankly, an idiot.

That's John :wink:

And no love for Ray Ferarro? Poor lil guy...

I know Rome isn't popular on this or any Jets board, but he will have Mike Mussina on his show tomorrow. So, you know there will be some Yankee ball washing tomorrow.

ESPN personalities that I like:

Mike Greenberg

Mike Golic

Harold Reynolds

Mark Schlereth

Jay Bilas

John Clayton

Karl Ravech

Buster Olney

Jon Miller

Tom Jackson

I really don't mind most of the ESPNEWS achors. I hate Buccigross, though. I've never heard him reference any band that doesn't suck. When I think Buccigross, I think of Maroon 5 and Simple Plan references.

ESPN'ers I can't stomach

Joe Theisman

Mike Patrick

Paul McGuire

Stuart Scott

Steven Smith

Merrill Hoge

Dan Patrick

Buster Olney

Sean Sailsberry

John Clayton

Suzy Kolber

Linda Cohen

That idiot former pitcher on baseball tonite {name escapes me, not Sutcliff}

There's more ... those are off the top of my head

That's John :wink:

And no love for Ray Ferarro? Poor lil guy...

I know Rome isn't popular on this or any Jets board, but he will have Mike Mussina on his show tomorrow. So, you know there will be some Yankee ball washing tomorrow.

Christ, I knew i was getting his first name wrong!

It's been so long since i've seen an nhl2nite, I'm already forgetting names.

Archived