The Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Mavrik

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Flyers showed up for the first period tonight and that was the difference. Don't think it will matter though as Pens haven't been beaten on hom ice. This is kind of what happened in the game 5 vs. the Rangers, where they came out slow and the other team took advantage in the other team's must win game.

Near the end of the game, why couldn't the refs let Mike Richards beat the living hell out of Cindy? It would have been classic for me to watch my favorite player in all of hockey to beat the hell out of the biggest bitch in all of sports, and possibly the world.

Anyway, some good news for the Flyers fans:

Kimmo Timonen, and Braydon Coburn may be back for game 5. Maybe they could win this game, and hopefully get it back to Philly for game 6.

Damn, I am so pissed the refs didn't let Richards take Cindy's head off...

Frank I was only off by one game in my prediction... now the Flyers will make a series out of this!!

Based on what? The fact no one has beaten Pittsburgh at home this post-season? The fact that the Flyers were outplayed in the 2nd and 3rd period and took an easy win and turned it into a white-knuckle affair? Game 5 will be won by the good guys. It's over.

Based on what? The fact no one has beaten Pittsburgh at home this post-season? The fact that the Flyers were outplayed in the 2nd and 3rd period and took an easy win and turned it into a white-knuckle affair? Game 5 will be won by the good guys. It's over.

I see your point on how the Flyers were outplayed in the 3rd period, but no the Penguins didn't win the 2nd period. I am still hoping for someone like Hatcher to ends Cindy's career.

I see your point on how the Flyers were outplayed in the 3rd period, but no the Penguins didn't win the 2nd period. I am still hoping for someone like Hatcher to ends Cindy's career.

And that's why you're a joke. What kind of human being want's to see someone lose their well being because of something as simple as a sport. Grow up.

And yes, the Flyers were outplayed in the 2nd period as well if you knew anything about hockey.

And that's why you're a joke. What kind of human being want's to see someone lose their well being because of something as simple as a sport. Grow up.

And yes, the Flyers were outplayed in the 2nd period as well if you knew anything about hockey.

Well isn't that the Pot calling the kettle black. If anybody on this site is a joke it's yourself. Tell me, what team were you rooting for when the Pens didn't have Crosby, and the Pens were behind everyone in their division every season? Detroit? Anaheim? Colorado? One of those good teams?

If you believe the Pens won that 2nd period, then yet again its the pot calling the kettle black. You have no clue what you're talking about, and the Flyers obviously outplayed the Pens in the first two periods.

I just find it hilarious a Pens fan of all fans of hockey questioning my knowledge of hockey.

Kudos to the Stars. They are playing hard and battling back into the series. Hopefully Detroit can get their s*** together and win game 6.

If Detroit knew better they should have finished it in Detroit for game 5, but now it's going to go back to Dallas, where they'll most likely tie the series up, and it'll go back to 7, where Detroit might have on the back of their heads thinking we may blow a 3-0 series lead. I don't believe that will happen though, but it still has to annoy you that you couldn't finish the series yesterday.

Well isn't that the Pot calling the kettle black. If anybody on this site is a joke it's yourself. Tell me, what team were you rooting for when the Pens didn't have Crosby, and the Pens were behind everyone in their division every season? Detroit? Anaheim? Colorado? One of those good teams?

If you believe the Pens won that 2nd period, then yet again its the pot calling the kettle black. You have no clue what you're talking about, and the Flyers obviously outplayed the Pens in the first two periods.

I just find it hilarious a Pens fan of all fans of hockey questioning my knowledge of hockey.

I've always followed the Penguins. From Barasso, Wregget, the Samuelsons, Ronny Francis and others to Straka, Morozov, Aubin, Caron, Fata and others to the present day. I've always been a Penguins fan, even when I went to college in Buffalo.

Pittsburgh outshot Philly in the second period and definitely outplayed them. If you couldn't see that you weren't really watching the game.

Oh and I don't see you trying to justify your injury comment, so maybe you're an actual human being.

What is with these Penguins fans on the bandwagon? Well they are the team to jump on right now, considering their headed to the Finals, and they have the leagues crybaby. I mean Carl is bad enough? Jets, Penguins, Red Sox? If that doesn't spell bandwagoner, I don't know what is.... lol

What is with these Penguins fans on the bandwagon? Well they are the team to jump on right now, considering their headed to the Finals, and they have the leagues crybaby. I mean Carl is bad enough? Jets, Penguins, Red Sox? If that doesn't spell bandwagoner, I don't know what is.... lol

You're right. I sat through the horribleness of the Troy O'Leary, Bret Saberhagen, Jose Offerman Red Sox days because I am a bandwagoner. I watched the Penguins trade Jaromir Jagr for a pile of crap and then have Mario come and save the day, except actually on the ice. I have sat through season after season of disappointment of the New York Jets because I want to be on the bandwagon.

If I was a Yankees/Cowboys/Red Wings fan you might be right, but, yet again you're wrong. Accusing a Jets fan of being a bandwagon fan is like accusing a stripper that she dances just for the fun of it.

You're right. I sat through the horribleness of the Troy O'Leary, Bret Saberhagen, Jose Offerman Red Sox days because I am a bandwagoner. I watched the Penguins trade Jaromir Jagr for a pile of crap and then have Mario come and save the day, except actually on the ice. I have sat through season after season of disappointment of the New York Jets because I want to be on the bandwagon.

If I was a Yankees/Cowboys/Red Wings fan you might be right, but, yet again you're wrong. Accusing a Jets fan of being a bandwagon fan is like accusing a stripper that she dances just for the fun of it.

Well the Jets were probably your first love, they were probably the first team you ever liked, and you have followed them the longest of the teams you like. That is how it works with me and the Orlando Magic. I was born in Florida, so I grew up watching the team from their early days, and when I started liking other sports, I just liked who my parents liked. Unless you somehow worked out the same way, which I doubt it, and you just picked teams that were good at the time you picked them.

Well the Jets were probably your first love, they were probably the first team you ever liked, and you have followed them the longest of the teams you like. That is how it works with me and the Orlando Magic. I was born in Florida, so I grew up watching the team from their early days, and when I started liking other sports, I just liked who my parents liked. Unless you somehow worked out the same way, which I doubt it, and you just picked teams that were good at the time you picked them.

Actually my entire family is Yankees fans. You're right though. My fandom of the Jets dates back before the other teams I enjoy. Because they were green. I was an A's fans for the same reason. When Jose Canseco (formerly my all-time favorite player, now a cheating sell-out) joined the Red Sox (in 1995) they won the division that year. In 1996 they finished 3rd and Canseco moved on but I did not. Some guys named John Valentin, Tim Wakefield, Trot Nixon (one of my all time favorite players), Troy O'leary, Mo Vaughn and Nomar Garciaparra made me a fan of that team. And that's that. No bandwagoner here, bud. I've got the merchandise (a Nomar Jersey still floats around here) and the ticket stubs to prove it.

I liked to Penguins because they were the team I played with on a video game on my Nintendo or Sega, or whatever it was. So, I've like the Penguins for quite some time.

I don't really have to prove myself to you, but I just love proving you wrong.

If Detroit knew better they should have finished it in Detroit for game 5, but now it's going to go back to Dallas, where they'll most likely tie the series up, and it'll go back to 7, where Detroit might have on the back of their heads thinking we may blow a 3-0 series lead. I don't believe that will happen though, but it still has to annoy you that you couldn't finish the series yesterday.

I'm not willing to give them Game 6 just yet. detroit needs to get their shi* together. Hopefully they will.

Actually my entire family is Yankees fans. You're right though. My fandom of the Jets dates back before the other teams I enjoy. Because they were green. I was an A's fans for the same reason. When Jose Canseco (formerly my all-time favorite player, now a cheating sell-out) joined the Red Sox (in 1995) they won the division that year. In 1996 they finished 3rd and Canseco moved on but I did not. Some guys named John Valentin, Tim Wakefield, Trot Nixon (one of my all time favorite players), Troy O'leary, Mo Vaughn and Nomar Garciaparra made me a fan of that team. And that's that. No bandwagoner here, bud. I've got the merchandise (a Nomar Jersey still floats around here) and the ticket stubs to prove it.

I liked to Penguins because they were the team I played with on a video game on my Nintendo or Sega, or whatever it was. So, I've like the Penguins for quite some time.

I don't really have to prove myself to you, but I just love proving you wrong.

You became a fan of a hockey team, because you played with them in a video game... WOW

You became a fan of a hockey team, because you played with them in a video game... WOW

Well, you know, hockey is about the 4th or 5th biggest sport where I grew up and the people around here are not all that passionate about it, so suffice it to say that being a hockey fan in general in my area is quite a stretch. So go ahead a rush to judgement about me. Your previous post about wanting someone's career and well being to be compromised told me everything I need to know about you.

Well, you know, hockey is about the 4th or 5th biggest sport where I grew up and the people around here are not all that passionate about it, so suffice it to say that being a hockey fan in general in my area is quite a stretch. So go ahead a rush to judgement about me. Your previous post about wanting someone's career and well being to be compromised told me everything I need to know about you.

I admit, I don't want anything to happen to Crosby, I was just pissed that the guy gets away with everything. I also admit, I did want the refs to let Crosby fight Richards as well. If you seen Richards fight, then you know why the refs stopped the fight as soon as possible.

But, I do find it kind of ridiculous that you picked a team through playing with them in a video game, and not picked a team that was your hometown team.

Not the strangest way a person can become a fan of a team.

Heck I'll list mine:

Jets - Mr.124 is a Jets fan and both Mr&Mrs124 wanted to name me Joe, Mr.124's reason because of Joe Namath. Had all the Jets crap when I was a baby, etc. and have had season tickets since '95 and have been to almost every home game since.

Yankees - Grandpa was a huge Yankees and Giants fan and had to get me to like one of his teams I guess and he led me towards the way of the Yankees.

Rangers - A family friend / housesitter was a big Rangers fan and often times on weekends I'd be at her house one or two nights and her family and I would always watch the Rangers, there go me becoming a Ranger fan.

Knicks - No real reason. Just didn't know the Nets existed when I was a kid and thought I had to root for New York teams.

Michigan - Helmets and uni's.

Not the strangest way a person can become a fan of a team.

Heck I'll list mine:

Jets - Mr.124 is a Jets fan and both Mr&Mrs124 wanted to name me Joe, Mr.124's reason because of Joe Namath. Had all the Jets crap when I was a baby, etc. and have had season tickets since '95 and have been to almost every home game since.

Yankees - Grandpa was a huge Yankees and Giants fan and had to get me to like one of his teams I guess and he led me towards the way of the Yankees.

Rangers - A family friend / housesitter was a big Rangers fan and often times on weekends I'd be at her house one or two nights and her family and I would always watch the Rangers, there go me becoming a Ranger fan.

Knicks - No real reason. Just didn't know the Nets existed when I was a kid and thought I had to root for New York teams.

Michigan - Helmets and uni's.

Well, you have one team that has never hosted a game in New York. Carl has a different team for every sport.

I mean I like the Orlando Magic, because like I said, I was born in Florida, and the TD Waterhouse Center (now AMWAY) was the first sports arena I ever went to. Shaq was my favorite athlete in all of sports. He left the team, to go to Los Angeles, and although I was pissed I decided to stick with the Magic, because I had more love for the Magic at the time, then I did with Shaq's Lakers. No offense to Kobe24, but I in fact hated the Lakers. Then with other sports, my parents liked the Yankees, and Jets, and neither really liked hockey, so I never followed it that religiously. So as it stands, my favorite sports teams Magic, Jets, Yankees, and has been that way since I knew what sports were.

Well, you have one team that has never hosted a game in New York. Carl has a different team for every sport.

I mean I like the Orlando Magic, because like I said, I was born in Florida, and the TD Waterhouse Center (now AMWAY) was the first sports arena I ever went to. Shaq was my favorite athlete in all of sports. He left the team, to go to Los Angeles, and although I was pissed I decided to stick with the Magic, because I had more love for the Magic at the time, then I did with Shaq's Lakers. No offense to Kobe24, but I in fact hated the Lakers. Then with other sports, my parents liked the Yankees, and Jets, and neither really liked hockey, so I never followed it that religiously. So as it stands, my favorite sports teams Magic, Jets, Yankees, and has been that way since I knew what sports were.

I'm not surprised that you didn't list your favorite hockey team.

I'm not surprised that you didn't list your favorite hockey team.

I didn't add my favorite hockey team, because my favorite hockey team doesn't exist. Meaning, I don't have one. I have a couple of favorite players though. Mike Richards, Peter Forsberg are my two favorite current players. Sorry, I don't like the Rangers, Islanders, or Devils.

i hope the penguins get their asses handed to them in the finals. ive had it with all these bandwagon ****tsburghers. i honestly don't know how anyone could stand rooting for the home team. i can't stand these people, and when i moved here i had a soft spot for the 'guins.

i hope the penguins get their asses handed to them in the finals. ive had it with all these bandwagon ****tsburghers. i honestly don't know how anyone could stand rooting for the home team. i can't stand these people, and when i moved here i had a soft spot for the 'guins.

Guess you hate winning teams then? When else do people jump on the bandwagon?

Yeah, I can't wait until Saturday. A lot of people are underestimating the Penguins, which has happened for most of the postseason. Unfortunately, it doesn't look like the wings are going to do the same.

CrazyCarl and Sharrow,

Just want to say good luck in the cup finals. This is going to be one helluva Stanley Cup Finals.

Here's to a good series. :cheers:

I'm really looking forward to seeing how the Pens handle Detroit. Datsyuk looks really good, great on the forecheck, I hope they can deal with him in particular. I get the feeling Osgood won't be able to keep it up against the Pens though, so their D will have to keep playing strong. Good luck to the wings as well.

Archived