The Official Stanley Cup Playoffs Thread

Mavrik

That's a topic Rangers fans avoid like the plague. The only difference between Glenn Sather and Isiah Thomas is that the NHL gave Sather and the Rangers a do-over with the new hard cap that resulted from the lock-out. Isiah never had any such luck.

If it wasn't for the strike the Rangers would still be the joke franchise of the NHL like they were from 1998-2004.

In a way they still are a joke b/c they have a racist dirtbag like Sean Avery on the roster. At least they still have quality veterans like Jagr and Shananhan. LOL.

Can you please STFU?

• Replies 864
  • Created
  • Last Reply

Madmike really is too much. I haven't seen him once in the last 7 pages of this thread present a competent argument. And stop writing "Strangers." It doesn't make any sense and it's completely dumb. I love how you call us "crying homer babies" when the refs blatantly missed a call but you say the refs cheated the Devils and that the Rangers only beat the Devils because of fluky bounces and such. You're unbelievable.

That's a topic Rangers fans avoid like the plague. The only difference between Glenn Sather and Isiah Thomas is that the NHL gave Sather and the Rangers a do-over with the new hard cap that resulted from the lock-out. Isiah never had any such luck.

If it wasn't for the strike the Rangers would still be the joke franchise of the NHL like they were from 1998-2004.

In a way they still are a joke b/c they have a racist dirtbag like Sean Avery on the roster. At least they still have quality veterans like Jagr and Shananhan. LOL.

Except the cap, notwithstanding the foolishness of Jim Dolan, was not in the Rangers' competitive long-term interests. Quite the contrary. And why should the Rangers be forced to hold down player salaries for teams in markets that never should have had a hockey club in the first place? The Rangers were opposed to the strike. The fact that it gave them a serious chance to reassess their past foolishness in giving silly contracts out to the undeserving was a byproduct but not the goal of the cancelled season. The NHL wasn't giving the rangers a do over, they were trying to keep Nashville, Atlanta, Phoenix et al in business by supressing player salaries, which is basically communism. Bettman sucks doneky balls. What he should've done is allowed weak clubs to go out of business or move.All he did was whine how this team or that was facing bankrupcty; BFD. Many teams shouldn't have been allowed to poach franchises like Carolina and Phoenix and the NHL overexpandedto silly palces like Atlanta and Nashville.

There's no difference between rooting against the Rangers and every Jets fan on the planet simultaneously blowing his load when the Giants beat the Pats in the Super Bowl.

Actually, the difference is posting for 13 pages in a row just to argue stupid points because you can't accept the truth that you lost to a team that is better than you, while the Patriots are better than the Jets but have cheated and that is the reason why the league hates them. The only people that hate the Rangers are Devils fans who can't accept the fact that they aren't that good.

Actually, the difference is posting for 13 pages in a row just to argue stupid points because you can't accept the truth that you lost to a team that is better than you, while the Patriots are better than the Jets but have cheated and that is the reason why the league hates them. The only people that hate the Rangers are Devils fans who can't accept the fact that they aren't that good.

LOL @ aren't that good. The Strangers can't hold a CANDLE to the devils as a franchise.

LOL @ aren't that good. The Strangers can't hold a CANDLE to the devils as a franchise.

Nice job totally redirecting my statement. I'm talking about right now. Their team isn't that good right now. Get it?

I don't want to start another argument with you and PN because you obviously won't listen. Why should I even bother? I'd get a better-educated reply from a wall.

Lookie here, a Devils circle jerk over the Rangers 2nd round exit. Oh wait, those same Devils that fell to the Rangers in the 1st round? Oh yeah, I forgot about them. They stopped tplaying about 2 weeks ago.

Sorry I was at Lowe's to see Harlod & Kumar Escape From Guantanomo Bay. Would you like me to take a picture of the ticket and post it on here so you think I wasn't avoiding the thread?

Sorry PeterNorth, the man who knows nothing about hockey, some of us do things other than fake allegiances and have obsessions over teams they "despise". Madmike isn't much better.

Right now, the Devils can't hold a candle to ****. Why? Because Marty helped you win a couple of cups, that makes you a good franchise? No, you're still a lousy, third rate franchise with a hall of fame goalie and thats all you'll ever be.

Lookie here, a Devils circle jerk over the Rangers 2nd round exit. Oh wait, those same Devils that fell to the Rangers in the 1st round? Oh yeah, I forgot about them. They stopped tplaying about 2 weeks ago.

Sorry I was at Lowe's to see Harlod & Kumar Escape From Guantanomo Bay. Would you like me to take a picture of the ticket and post it on here so you think I wasn't avoiding the thread?

Sorry PeterNorth, the man who knows nothing about hockey, some of us do things other than fake allegiances and have obsessions over teams they "despise". Madmike isn't much better.

Right now, the Devils can't hold a candle to ****. Why? Because Marty helped you win a couple of cups, that makes you a good franchise? No, you're still a lousy, third rate franchise with a hall of fame goalie and thats all you'll ever be.

What a fan you are 124. Not seeing your team's season end... You realize that the devils were 10x time the franchise the strangers were even when they could use their new york money to their advantage right? They needed an NHL bailout to even make the playoffs and get bounced in the 2nd round.

Hey dip**** I saw the 6 o'clock showing and left the house at 5:05 which is when the Rangers lost. I did not leave until the game was over tool bag. What I meant was I wasn't hear to talk after the game because I left right after to take my step brother to the movies.

Enjoy your "franchise" as long as you can because as toon88 and I know, the Devils won't be here much longer. Why? Because your fans SUCK and because you're no longer winning.

Hey dip**** I saw the 6 o'clock showing and left the house at 5:05 which is when the Rangers lost. I did not leave until the game was over tool bag. What I meant was I wasn't hear to talk after the game because I left right after to take my step brother to the movies.

Enjoy your "franchise" as long as you can because as toon88 and I know, the Devils won't be here much longer. Why? Because your fans SUCK and because you're no longer winning.

They just built a great new arena. They aren't going anywhere. And remember, Jim Dolan doesn't own them... The devils make the playoffs EVERY YEAR. When have they stopped winning?

Spoken like another fan who is just okay with making the playoffs. Awesome, we made the playoffs. We're still losers, we're just better losers than the rest! Ha!

So you'll admit that the strangers have been losers every year since 94 and the 80 or some odd years before that?

I know everyone on here root for NY/NJ teams but...... GO SHARKS!!!!! Tied up in the third...this series will be insane IF they win this game, coming back to 3-3 from 3-0.

The Sharks will be the team to do the incredible 33 years later. We should expect another 3-0 comeback in 2041.

So I went to bed last night after the end of the second OT thinking, "well how much longer can this DAL-SJ game go?"

4 OTs later, Dallas finally wins it.

I'm glad Dallas won. Marty Turco has never won at the Joe in his entire career. Ever. I hope the Wings have a field day with him.

Spoken like another fan who is just okay with making the playoffs. Awesome, we made the playoffs. We're still losers, we're just better losers than the rest! Ha!

124 I would give anything to see the Devils play 5 more games like your Strangers did this year. You guys really showed us off. Here, take our 3 Stanley Cup Championships since 1995:

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=XYbRd-TzLU4

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=EXCfZeK7-NU

They just built a great new arena. They aren't going anywhere. And remember, Jim Dolan doesn't own them... The devils make the playoffs EVERY YEAR. When have they stopped winning?

No Madmike, the Devils are going to leave a brand new state of the art arena and move to Oklahoma City or Mexico City. They're also going to magically stop making the playoffs every frickin year because 124 says so.

Hey, aren't the Rangers about to lose Brendan Shanahan and possibly their best player Jaromir Jagr?

No Madmike, the Devils are going to leave a brand new state of the art arena and move to Oklahoma City or Mexico City. They're also going to magically stop making the playoffs every frickin year because 124 says so.

Hey, aren't the Rangers about to lose Brendan Shanahan and possibly their best player Jaromir Jagr?

:rl::rl:

Its not a penalty because the refs didn't see it. Blame your NHL conspiracy theories all you want for your team losing, but the refs have missed at least 3 penalties on the Rangers this game too.

I never said it was a conspiracy theory but the missed call just makes me sick to my stomach. And considering how Drury got called for the exact same thing later is just gross. If the refs didn't see it they should maybe wonder why there's a guy bleeding on the ice and ask look at the f'ing replay.

And the Rangers were never able to recover from the 4-minute penalty kill as the Pens dominated throughout OT.

Is PeterNorth still here? Why is anybody responding to that tool? He can cry about Rangers fans all day who gives a sh!t.

Anyway congrats to the Pens and I'll be rooting for Dallas to win the cup. Sounds like I missed a hell of a game last night between Dallas and San Jose but I'll definitely try to catch some of the Dallas-Detroit series.

And I think Shanahan probably played his last game, he's been skating on empty for the last few months. Straka is probably gone as well, and considering Roszival's poor performance in the playoffs I would be surprised if he was re-signed.

I never said it was a conspiracy theory but the missed call just makes me sick to my stomach. And considering how Drury got called for the exact same thing later is just gross. If the refs didn't see it they should maybe wonder why there's a guy bleeding on the ice and ask look at the f'ing replay.

And the Rangers were never able to recover from the 4-minute penalty kill as the Pens dominated throughout OT.

That is the one beef I have the refs can not call that with the game on the line -let the teams play to find the winner. Killing that penalty took the toll on the Rangers.

That is the one beef I have the refs can not call that with the game on the line -let the teams play to find the winner. Killing that penalty took the toll on the Rangers.

I don't think it would have mattered either way. Once the game went into OT I just felt the Rangers were in huge trouble. Alot like last years game 5 in Buffalo.

Penguins were the better team in the series and deserved to win.

I don't think it would have mattered either way. Once the game went into OT I just felt the Rangers were in huge trouble. Alot like last years game 5 in Buffalo.

Penguins were the better team in the series and deserved to win.

I don't know I feel like the Rangers had some solid momentum it was lost during the penalty kill. They were getting a lot of offensive pressure and I think we would have played much better in OT if not for the pk.

But what are you gonna do, the Pens outplayed us for most of the series. And I'm not gonna sit here and cry about how mean Pens fans are and how much cooler my team is than yours.

Looks like the Pit-Philly series is already getting interesting

Saving Rocky from Penguins fan desecration, Flyers plot revenge

By Greg Wyshynski

Please recall the dastardly plot executed by a Montreal radio station in which a man in a cape and a pig nose placed a Montreal Canadiens jersey on the Rocky statue in Philadelphia. A potential plot by Pittsburgh Penguins fans to offer their own brand of desecration to the Italian Stallion landmark leaked yesterday, and sports radio station WIP 610 and host Angelo Cataldi sprung into action, asking for a thuggish Philadelphia Flyers fan (or any Philly loyalist) to protect the statue during the day. The Philadelphia Inquirer wonders if the damage may have already been done:

Problem is: The attack may have already happened overnight - just as a similar outrage was apparently committed by Montreal Canadien fans during the previous hockey series.

The evidence: On the pavement in front of the bronze Italian Stallion lay a black No. 87 Sidney Crosby jersey around 9:30 this morning. The sleeves appeared to have been cut off, perhaps to facilitate draping it over Rocky.

The jersey was removed from the statue as in the eaerly (sic) morning hours, either by a security guard or a stone mason who decided to stop by, according to Mike Prince, the 23-year-old Penn State grad Cataldi tapped to be Rocky's bodyguard.

As of this morning, no traces of a Rocky-as-Crosby photo on Penguins loyalists The Pensblog and Empty Netters, where we'd expect such tomfoolery to turn up. If the Penguins fans failed to accomplish the mission, Flyers fans aren't about to hold back retaliation. The following appeared on the Pittsburgh section of Craigslist yesterday:

I am recruiting a Philly native and loyal Flyers fan that is living in Pittsburgh to place a Flyers jersey on a significant landmark in Pittsburgh (panther statue on Pitt campus, in front of Mellon Arena or anything you can think of) and send me a photo of it to submit to The Philadelphia Inquirer. This is in retaliation for a similar plot to put a Penguins jersey on the Rocky Statue. Once you complete your mission I will submit the photo with your name (if you want to be known) and if it gets published I will send you a link to it. Vengeance Now!

The Pittsburgh media is already wise to this plot. Can't imagine where Flyers fans will turn next in their search for potential targets ... although this citizen-proposed bet between the mayors of Philadelphia and Pittsburgh could also provide an interesting spot for a Flyers jersey.

Hockey back on tonight folks.

DAL-Wings at 7:30 ET

I'm pumped. Wings need to carry this momentum from GM 4 into tonight. Cant expect Franzen to score 9 goals, but hopefully he stays hot.

All the best tonight.

Look likes the Flyers best D-man is already out for the series. Hope it isn't serious.

Blood clot likely to sideline Timonen for East finals

Associated Press

PHILADELPHIA -- Flyers defenseman Kimmo Timonen will likely miss the Eastern Conference finals against the Pittsburgh Penguins because of a blood clot in his ankle.

Philadelphia general manager Paul Holmgren said Timonen was hit with a shot in Game 4 against Montreal. The Flyers eliminated the Canadiens in five games and will open the next series at Pittsburgh on Friday night.

"We have to view this that he's not a player for us in the series and march on," Holmgren said Thursday night.

Timonen is the Flyers' top defenseman and played a crucial role in shutting down Washington's Alexander Ovechkin for most of the seven-game first-round series. Timonen was fantastic at anticipating plays, attacking Ovechkin with the puck and taking away space to create easy goals.

He was just as effective against Montreal's Alexei Kovalev and was being counted on to limit Pittsburgh's top forwards Sidney Crosby and Evgeni Malkin.

Holmgren said Timonen, who didn't make the trip to Pittsburgh, is injured right where he ties up the skate.

"Obviously, you can't replace a player that does what Kimmo does for us," Holmgren said.

Jaroslav Modry or Ryan Parent will fill Timonen's roster spot.

Timonen was injured in Game 3 against the Capitals after he slammed into the net and crashed his right shoulder against the camera mounted inside. He didn't miss any games.

Timonen played Game 5 against the Canadiens, but Holmgren said the stud defenseman continued to complain about his injury. Timonen, who has six assists in the postseason, is on blood thinners.

"If he gets hit again, a lot of problems could arise," Holmgren said.

Archived