Jared Allen Traded to Vikings

Smizzy

Name 6 pass rushers you would rather have.He's 26 and he a sack monster.

Are we just counting DE's or OLB's as well?

Shawne Merriman

DeMarcus Ware

Osi Umenyiora

Dwight Freeney

Aaron Kampman

Aaron Schoebel

Julius Peppers

Jason Taylor

Possibly Justin Tuck since he can play 43 DT or 43 E

Theres two more there, obviously 34 OLB's, just in case OLB's were able to be included.

Shawne Merriman

DeMarcus Ware

Osi Umenyiora

Dwight Freeney

Aaron Kampman

Aaron Schoebel

Julius Peppers

Jason Taylor

Theres two more there, obviously 34 OLB's, just in case OLB's were able to be included.

No.

No.

Sorry, but Jared Allen is not as good as Umenyiora, Freeney or Taylor, it isn't even a discussion. The others are arguable. He'll shine in Minnesota though with about 15+ sacks due to Kevin & Pat Williams. He'll be insane there. That team is going to be very, very good if Tavaris Jackson matures into something decent.

The only one I really see an argument for is Shawn Merriman. Jared Allen is among the top 3 pass rushers in the league, and especially considering his age and lack of injury history. And if we're talking about 4-3, you have to take Merriman off that list too. The guy is a beast.

Sorry, but Jared Allen is not as good as Umenyiora, Freeney or Taylor, it isn't even a discussion. The others are arguable. He'll shine in Minnesota though with about 15+ sacks due to Kevin & Pat Williams. He'll be insane there. That team is going to be very, very good if Tavaris Jackson matures into something decent.

Uminyoura is mediocre without the eagles padding his stats, freeney is small and hurt all the time and Gayson is old and can't stop the run. Allen is better than all of them.

Shawne Merriman

DeMarcus Ware

Osi Umenyiora

Dwight Freeney

Aaron Kampman

Aaron Schoebel

Julius Peppers

Jason Taylor

Bryan Thomas

Make no mistake about it, Minnesota now has arguably the best 43 Defesive Line in Football and the Chiefs with their SIX selections in the first 100 should be able to rebuild strongly in this years draft. They may not be great next year, but by 2009, 2010, IF they draft well, this could be a team to reckon with. Jared Allen isn't worth that Minnesota gave up, I could honestly tell you at least five or six pass rushers I'd rather have off the top of my head, but they needed a pass rusher badly and he was expendable to Kansas City for that amount of solid draft picks.

:sign0098: Nice solid post here.

I honestly don't think that KC's trade really changed the top of the draft at all. Oakland will NOT be taking Chris Long despite what I'm seeing here. KC STILL has HUGE gaping holes on it's O line. I mentioned yesterday that SI's Don Banks had KC taking Albert at #5. I lughed at the time but now I'm thinking Hmmm maybe they just might.

I honestly don't think that KC's trade really changed the top of the draft at all. Oakland will NOT be taking Chris Long despite what I'm seeing here. KC STILL has HUGE gaping holes on it's O line. I mentioned yesterday that SI's Don Banks had KC taking Albert at #5. I lughed at the time but now I'm thinking Hmmm maybe they just might.

Unfortunately for us this year's draft is as deep as it's ever been for top end O-lineman. I think they go end with their first pick if Long or Gholston is there. I hate Herm so much it hurts.

Wait its about 5am and i saw this thread and the world is spinning and i dont know whats going on AHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHHH!!!

is this terrible news?

is it now more likely that my nightmare scenario will occur? (Long, Gholston and DMC gone before we pick?)

How likely is it?

NOOOOOOOO...

Yeah, this really does suck. I knew this was going to screw us in the end. KC will take the best DE if available instead of o line because their is more depth at the o line spot. Long and Gholston are difference makers immediately. So maybe we trade down also. Which in the end might not be that bad.

Well the Jets can still land "HE Who Must Not Be Named."(ARK RB)

but ultimately, KC still has to fix their O-line, they won 4 games with 15 1/2 sacks from allen.

so them drafting a pass rusher would be kinda stupid

No, KC's defense kept them in games last season.

Allen leaves a huge hole and KC could still go OL with Minny's 1st pick. Futhermore , they get Gholston way cheaper than Allen for at least 4 years.

Herm is a mastermind.

Yeah, this really does suck. I knew this was going to screw us in the end. KC will take the best DE if available instead of o line because their is more depth at the o line spot. Long and Gholston are difference makers immediately. So maybe we trade down also. Which in the end might not be that bad.

long nor gholston are gonna step in and play like allen tho.

$12.3M per year? 6 years, $74M with $31M guaranteed. This is what his contract demands were? I take back my stance that the Chiefs should have kept him (being that they were in such solid cap shape). That's insane.

I don't throw compliments around to Peterson or Herm, but this was definitely a good move for KC. They get the #17 pick (at maybe $3M per year) and a pair of 3rd rounders for maybe another $1M per year combined. But that's way too much, particularly for a player with two strikes against him for DUI. One more and Goodell is going to suspend him. Throw in that with or without Jared Allen, the Chiefs are going to be awful again this year & probably next year as well. At a minimum, they'll suck until Herm is gone & then however long it takes someone to mold them into serious contenders after that.

$12.3 million dollars per year. For a guy one strike away from getting suspended. Ridiculous.

Archived