Chris Long....He is our guy

JonEJet

There is alot of smoke out there

McFadden....lots of it

Ryan....3 alarm fire

Gholston....smoke everywhere

Chris Long....sunny, with blue skies

Haven't heard anything of the Jets hanging out with the man. It is so quiet around the guy, it makes me think that Chris Long is the one the Jets want

McFadden....lots of it

Ryan....3 alarm fire

Haven't heard anything of the Jets hanging out with the man. It is so quiet around the guy, it makes me think that Chris Long is the one the Jets want

true.. its very possible

THere has to be something about it. No news of the Jets swooning Long.

That said, no news on the Jets and Sed Ellis either.

I'm not saying I want Ellis, I'm just using my knowledge of how this regime operates (very quietly) and guessing that since I haven't heard a peep about Ellis and the Jets...this guy just might be in play.

I don't want him...but just sayin'.

For the record...no Gholston, anyone else mentioned (Ryan, Long, DMC)...Gholston disappeared too much in college.

Are you serious? It would be awesome to have two ends in a 3-4 that weight between 272 and 285 pounds. That would be spectacular.

That's way to small to play DE. Ellis gets pushed around all day, Coleman is our only decent DE and he's 295. I do think he could play OLB though. Madmike doesn't like anyone who isn't named McFadden.

That's way to small to play DE. Ellis gets pushed around all day, Coleman is our only decent DE and he's 295. I do think he could play OLB, though. Madmike doesn't like anyone who isn't named McFadden.
You're agreeing with what i'm saying LOL.

McFadden....lots of it

Ryan....3 alarm fire

You forgot to put "not" in your title, and forgot to put the sarcasm symbol in your post.

I don't want Chris Long, Matt Ryan all the way!

Do you have a scouts inc report to back this up?

Nice use of CAPS to try and make your point.

This behavior is why you're a troll. All you're doing is trolling my posts looking to start arguments. You have no argument or opinion. You're just looking to start an argument with me. You are the DEFINITION of a troll.

I'm not saying I want Ellis, I'm just using my knowledge of how this regime operates (very quietly) and guessing that since I haven't heard a peep about Ellis and the Jets...this guy just might be in play.

For the record...no Gholston, anyone else mentioned (Ryan, Long, DMC)...Gholston disappeared too much in college.

I think Ellis could be the target too. I'm not sure where he fits in our defense - but the kid does have a motor and he is very good.

i think ellis may be top two on their board. I think a lot of the talk about gholston is smoke, all scouts seem to agree he may disappear for games at a time. Doesn't sound like a top player to me.

Ellis is the guy i want. I've said it before, he draws comparisons to Seymore, which is something the Jets have not had in a long time.

Maybe because they realize they have no chance of seeing him fall to 6, unless their is an enormous upset in the Top 5?

Oakland, for its own reasons would pick him, and Kansas City wants a starter at DE from Day 1 and if Long is there they will most likely take him instead of reaching on Albert or Clady. St.Louis could also pick him.

This behavior is why you're a troll. All you're doing is trolling my posts looking to start arguments. You have no argument or opinion. You're just looking to start an argument with me. You are the DEFINITION of a troll.

Ok he may be a troll and won't give an argument, but i'll give you an argument. I've seen you put down long as a 34 DE, which is completely valid, but than 34 OLB with absolutely no argument yourself. Chris long has all the skill and ability to play 34 OLB and since you probably havn't seen him play than i'll just throw out his numbers compared to the elite 34 OLB in the league.

Shawne Merrimen:

Height: 6'4

Weight: 272

40 yd: 4.64

20 yd:

10 yd:

Vert: 40"

Broad: 10'1

3cone:

20 yd shuttle:

Demarcus Ware:

Weight: 251

40 yd: 4.56

20 yd: 2.71

10 yd: 1.62

Vert: 38.5"

Broad: 10' 02"

3cone: 6.85

20 yd shuttle: 4.07

Kamerion Wimbley:

Weight: 248

40 yd: 4.61

20 yd: 2.74

10 yd: 1.60

Broad: 10' 09"

3cone: 6.98

20 yd shuttle: 4.48 or 4.22

Chris Long

Height: 6'3

40 yd: 4.75

20 yd: 2.70

10 yd: 1.53

Vert: 34"

Broad: 10' 04"

3cone: 7.02

20 yd shuttle: 4.21

Ok, just take a few minutes to read that over and let it soak in. From this we can see that he is tied for the heaviest with merriman at 272; that's 24 lbs more than Wimbley and 21 lbs more than ware. So bare in mind that he does all this with extra muscle on his body.

After we understand the body sizes, lets take a look at 40 yard dash time. Long has the slowest 40 time at 4.75; just for comparison, suggs ran a 4.84 at his proday, but ran a 4.65 at the combine. Long's 4.75 is definately adequate enough to be a presence off the edge, but lets just look at his shorter yard times; he has the fastest 10 yard and 20 yard times. He toasts ware and wimbley, both who are smaller, in the first 10 and 20 yards. Yes, those two may have better 40 yard dash times, but the fact that he has a much better 10 yard and 20 yard dash time shows he most certainly has the ability to get off line quickly and has the closing speed to get to the QB.

Now, if you saw him at the combine do his positional drills you should be extremely impressed. If you didn't, we can look at the 3-cone and shuttle drills. His shuttle drill ties merrimans, is faster than wimbleys and is slower than wares. His 3-cone drill is a bit slower than both ware and wimbley, but is still a very good time.

Now, if you havn't seen him play enough, these numbers alone should prove that he isn't too slow to play the OLB position like you say. UNless of course all you judge a players speed is by his 40 yard dash time. Combine all of that with his pedigree and absolute passion for the game and you my friend, have my favorite player in this entire draft.

Maybe because they realize they have no chance of seeing him fall to 6, unless their is an enormous upset in the Top 5?

Oakland, for its own reasons would pick him, and Kansas City wants a starter at DE from Day 1 and if Long is there they will most likely take him instead of reaching on Albert or Clady. St.Louis could also pick him.

There's a definate possibility. Consider the fact that many have albert as the 2nd rated LT prospect in the draft and the other DEs in the middle of the draft and i say its a definate possibility he falls to us. I personally feel st louis will draft him, because they desperately need an outside pass rush even though Dorsey may be a better player. Although you never know with linehan and that FO, they could very well end up running a 43 with 2 UTs in Carricker and Dorsey..it has been done before.

Anyways, oakland could easily go for mcfadden instead, but ya never know.

The part i was talking about with KC is that i beleive Albert or Clady and than maybe Harvey, Campbell or Merling is better than Gholston/Long and hoping maybe williams falls to their 17th, which is unlikely, or draft cherilus a bit high. Yes, they need a DE, but i don't think they get rid of one of the best DEs in the league because they didn't want to sign him to a huge contract only to sign an unproven rookie to a 20 million dollar guaranteed contract. I still say that go LT with their 5th and DE with their 17th; that is unless they really fall in love with ellis.

i think ellis may be top two on their board. I think a lot of the talk about gholston is smoke, all scouts seem to agree he may disappear for games at a time. Doesn't sound like a top player to me.

Ellis is the guy i want. I've said it before, he draws comparisons to Seymore, which is something the Jets have not had in a long time.

Besides the fact that seymour was drafted in the same slot that we are currently in and plays on the defensive line i don't see the comparison. He is half a foot shorter and doesn't have the frame to add weight like seymour did. Ellis is your prototypical 3 technique whereas seymour was seen right from the get-go as a 34 DE. I think Ellis can play the 34 NT position, but wouldn't be his best spot. I personally see the saints really keying in on him, because i definately see St Louis taking Dorsey, becuase they are a very poor drafting franchise and should definately go C.Long.

Ok he may be a troll and won't give an argument, but i'll give you an argument. I've seen you put down long as a 34 DE, which is completely valid, but than 34 OLB with absolutely no argument yourself. Chris long has all the skill and ability to play 34 OLB and since you probably havn't seen him play than i'll just throw out his numbers compared to the elite 34 OLB in the league.

Shawne Merrimen:

40 yd: 4.64

20 yd:

10 yd:

Vert: 40"

Broad: 10'1

3cone:

20 yd shuttle:

Demarcus Ware:

Weight: 251

40 yd: 4.56

20 yd: 2.71

10 yd: 1.62

Broad: 10' 02"

3cone: 6.85

20 yd shuttle: 4.07

Kamerion Wimbley:

Weight: 248

40 yd: 4.61

20 yd: 2.74

10 yd: 1.60

Broad: 10' 09"

3cone: 6.98

20 yd shuttle: 4.48 or 4.22

Chris Long

Height: 6'3

40 yd: 4.75

20 yd: 2.70

10 yd: 1.53

Vert: 34"

Broad: 10' 04"

3cone: 7.02

20 yd shuttle: 4.21

Ok, just take a few minutes to read that over and let it soak in. From this we can see that he is tied for the heaviest with merriman at 272; that's 24 lbs more than Wimbley and 21 lbs more than ware. So bare in mind that he does all this with extra muscle on his body.

After we understand the body sizes, lets take a look at 40 yard dash time. Long has the slowest 40 time at 4.75; just for comparison, suggs ran a 4.84 at his proday, but ran a 4.65 at the combine. Long's 4.75 is definately adequate enough to be a presence off the edge, but lets just look at his shorter yard times; he has the fastest 10 yard and 20 yard times. He toasts ware and wimbley, both who are smaller, in the first 10 and 20 yards. Yes, those two may have better 40 yard dash times, but the fact that he has a much better 10 yard and 20 yard dash time shows he most certainly has the ability to get off line quickly and has the closing speed to get to the QB.

Now, if you saw him at the combine do his positional drills you should be extremely impressed. If you didn't, we can look at the 3-cone and shuttle drills. His shuttle drill ties merrimans, is faster than wimbleys and is slower than wares. His 3-cone drill is a bit slower than both ware and wimbley, but is still a very good time.

Now, if you havn't seen him play enough, these numbers alone should prove that he isn't too slow to play the OLB position like you say. UNless of course all you judge a players speed is by his 40 yard dash time. Combine all of that with his pedigree and absolute passion for the game and you my friend, have my favorite player in this entire draft.

You make a lot of valid points there however if you've ever watched Long play he just doesn't play as fast as the guys you are comparing him to on that list for whatever reason. To me he SCREAMS 4-3 end and trying to play him anywhere else is putting a square peg in a round hole.

You make a lot of valid points there however if you've ever watched Long play he just doesn't play as fast as the guys you are comparing him to on that list for whatever reason. To me he SCREAMS 4-3 end and trying to play him anywhere else is putting a square peg in a round hole.

Fair enough, i personally feel gholston would make a better 43 DE than an OLB, but I think Long has the work ethic to succeed. I have no idea who we'll pick, but lets just hope he pans out for us whoever it is.

Fair enough, i personally feel gholston would make a better 43 DE than an OLB, but I think Long has the work ethic to succeed. I have no idea who we'll pick, but lets just hope he pans out for us whoever it is.

I never said I was completely sold on Gholston either...

Archived