Matt Ryan will thankfully be OFF the board by #6

nj meadowlands

Our first round totally hinges on what St. Louis does at #2 overall, and right now there are very good indications that they will pick Glenn Dorsey. If that happens...

1. MIA - Jake Long

2. STL - Glenn Dorsey

3. ATL - Matt Ryan - Atlanta wants Dorsey or Ryan. Period.

4. OAK - Darren McFadden - it's gonna happen...

5. KC - Vernon Gholston

6. NYJ - CHRIS LONG

Chris Long is about to fall right into our laps.

Our first round totally hinges on what St. Louis does at #2 overall, and right now there are very good indications that they will pick Glenn Dorsey. If that happens...

1. MIA - Jake Long

2. STL - Glenn Dorsey

5. KC - Vernon Gholston

6. NYJ - CHRIS LONG

This would be a disaster for the jets.

I know, what it would cost the Jets to move from 6th to 3rd is a 2nd and a 5th.

doesn't seem like alot but i think it might be

edit: if they think he is what he is hyped to be. then make the trade.

I hold that 2nd dear to my heart. We can get someone of good value with that pick. Not worth it IMO

If that happened I would probably finish off the beer i was drinking, sleep with my girlfriend and just go to bed because I like to quit while im ahead. The kid has got the speed, strength, quickness, fluidity of his hips, ball skills and the passion to be a great player at the next level. Forget the intangibles and pedigree he brings to the table, he has the production and skillset to be a great player and would be a tremendous assett to our defense. He and pace could be used interchangeably; sliding one inside next to harris and the other playing the rushbacker or having C.long line up as a 43 DE at times. I am truly excited for this saturday and will be happy with anyone we draft so long as we do not move up from the 6th pick.

If the first 5 picks work out like this i'm sure they can find a 43 team to trade up for Long...

Why would we do that....??? Chris Long has played in a 3-4 System under...yes folks, AL GROH, former jet coach for like a day??

Dude, we take him absolutely if he's there, even over Gholston....watch.

Why would we do that....??? Chris Long has played in a 3-4 System under...yes folks, AL GROH, former jet coach for like a day??

Not that simple. He played 34 END in college. There is NO WAY he can play end in the NFL.

I hold that 2nd dear to my heart. We can get someone of good value with that pick. Not worth it IMO

I definitely agree with this. There's still a few holes we have to fill, not just 1 and that 2nd rounder is key. You can pick up a tall WR (i.e. Hardy or Kelly to compliment our undersized wide receiver corps) or a quality CB like a Cason from UofA (#2 CB) or even a S like Kenny Phillips (to help replace Coleman) or an OL like Cherilus (let Woody play RG where he's better suited or wait a versatile LB like Mayo (always need quality LBs in the 3-4).

So many options fellas, gotta keep those picks.

1. MIA - Jake Long

2. STL - Glenn Dorsey

5. KC - Vernon Gholston

6. NYJ - CHRIS LONG

The Raiders continue to be the wildcard. Given what they already have at RB, this seems like a foolish pick for them. But I certainly agree it's a real possibility. If the Jets really love the player, I wouldn't be shocked if the Jets traded up to #3. I expect Dorsey to be the next player off the board, and Atlanta to be very disappointed when he's gone. Numbers 1 & 2 couldn't've gone worse for them if that happens.

PFT has Dorsey potentially going to the Saints at #2:

SAINTS LOADING THE CANNON FOR RUN AT DORSEY

Posted by Mike Florio on April 25, 2008, 8:17 a.m.

How interested are the New Orleans Saints in landing defensive tackle Glenn Dorsey? They’re reportedly including in the trade package starting left tackle Jamaal Brown.

According to Pete Prisco of CBSSports.com, the Saints are shopping Brown, a Pro Bowler in 2006.

Presumably, the Saints have offered Brown and the No. 10 overall pick to the Rams, for the No. 2 selection. If so, how do the Rams not take it? Brown is under contract through 2011, at a base salary of only $752,500 this year.

At No. 10, the Rams could then target someone like Florida defensive end Derrick Harvey. It would allow the Rams to address significant needs on each side of the line, and ensure them at least one proven player as a result of the transaction.

Either way, it's not good for the Falcons.

And that same AL Groh has said that Long projects as an OLB at the pro level. I'd've been hapier with the idea of selecting him if Groh played him at that position in college.

I take that scenario all day long!!!! I can't believe how many people don't understand how good Chris Long is. He is number 1 on my draft board....a football player who can play in any system. He would play multi positions in our defense, but mostly OLB.

Archived