before the draft... my thoughts..

gg

yeah i know... the lounge kitten.. who cares, right?

but here is what i dont get..

why would we take mcfadden if we have TJ and leon?

yeah i know McFadden is suppose to be excellent.. but we have other needs..

<cough> QB <cough>

IF we take him .. he better turn out to be the second coming of sweetness walter payton.. or jim brown ( who my dad said was the most amazing player he has ever seen)

i want to say this before the draft so no one says that i just said this AFTER.

if we take him.. i REALLY hope that i am so WRONG.. and he turns out to be the KEY to get us to the promise land or closer at least.. but i am not feeling it...

ok.. again.. i am going skipping back to the lounge.. singing a song... :P

yeah i know... the lounge kitten.. who cares, right?

but here is what i dont get..

why would we take mcfadden if we have TJ and leon?

yeah i know McFadden is suppose to be excellent.. but we have other needs..

<cough> QB <cough>

IF we take him .. he better turn out to be the second coming of sweetness walter payton.. or jim brown ( who my dad said was the most amazing player he has ever seen)

i want to say this before the draft so no one says that i just said this AFTER.

if we take him.. i REALLY hope that i am so WRONG.. and he turns out to be the KEY to get us to the promise land or closer at least.. but i am not feeling it...

ok.. again.. i am going skipping back to the lounge.. singing a song... :P

GG- I agree with you completely. Cant see why we take him if we are ok at RB and have other pressing needs. But, he better be unbelieveable if we draft him.

Good analysis. Stay in the football thread. You're more knowledgeable than at least half the guys here.

GG- I agree with you completely. Cant see why we take him if we are ok at RB and have other pressing needs. But, he better be unbelieveable if we draft him.

Good analysis. Stay in the football thread. You're more knowledgeable than at least half the guys here.

LOL! i just need to quote this to quote this.. thanks! ;)

I think before free agency I would have agreed... we had more pressing needs.. but not now...besides sometimes you just cant pass up on a guy that can be a poteniol all pro..franchise back.. sometimes you just have to stop trying to play it safe all the time..

Last year..the vikings had chester taylor.. they still took peterson.. and talk about a team that had more pressing needs lol

I think before free agency I would have agreed... we had more pressing needs.. but not now...besides sometimes you just cant pass up on a guy that can be a poteniol all pro..franchise back.. sometimes you just have to stop trying to play it safe all the time..

Last year..the vikings had chester taylor.. they still took peterson.. and talk about a team that had more pressing needs lol

The Vikings were 8-8 with Peterson.

in my mind TJ is a better back then chester... AND we also have leon..

yes the vikes did have needs...but they did have brooksie and when you have a franchise qb like that.. you know your team is destined for greatness... peterson or not. ;).. calling fred jetstone...

yes the vikes did have needs...but they did have brooksie and when you have a franchise qb like that.. you know your team is destined for greatness... peterson or not. ;).. calling fred jetstone...

Thomas jones is not better then chester taylor.. he wasnt a great back on chicago either..he was adequate and if cedric benson wasnt such a injury prone bust of a player..TJ woul dhave lost his job a long time ago...

As for washington... hes not an every down back..hes excellent on special teams.. and not worth passing on a talent like dmc for..

I don’t think we desperately need a RB as such (although I do think Thomas Jones is very overrated among Jet fans). That being said we do desperately need a game breaker offensively, someone who can take it the distance from anywhere on the field. We need a player who defences will game plan for every week and take notice of every time he’s on the field. It would open up so much for the rest of our offensive teamates to have a player like this and an elite running game (which I feel that three off of our QB, whoever that may be.

I’m not saying McFadden is the complete package and comparing him to guys like Walter Payton is very unfair. I will be happy with McFadden, Gholston, Long or Ryan because they all have a ton of upside and potential. Hopefully, our front office makes the right choice.

yeah because they had no qb... and there pass defense was one of the worst in the league

Thomas jones is not better then chester taylor.. he wasnt a great back on chicago either..he was adequate and if cedric benson wasnt such a injury prone bust of a player..TJ woul dhave lost his job a long time ago...

As for washington... hes not an every down back..hes excellent on special teams.. and not worth passing on a talent like dmc for..

I cant wait for 4pm saturday... then we can have a group hug.

:)

They state that mcfadden is like marcus allen with speed..

DMC has the goods and is a true playmaker, we have not had one since Freeman Mcneil

If jets take Ryan, it will mean a rebuiding year. I'm sure jets would trade Clemons for a 4th and keep Stiff Pastaboyarm to start this year. I will not watch another game started by CP, it is just too painful.

means more golf to me if at all possible

True, but had they not have had one of the worst QB situations in the league they would probably have been a very dangerous playoff team.

I honestly do believe that either Clemens or Pennington would do a much better job in Minnesota than the likes of Tavaris Jackson and Brooks Bollinger TBH.

DMC has the goods and is a true playmaker, we have not had one since Freeman Mcneil

If jets take Ryan, it will mean a rebuiding year. I'm sure jets would trade Clemons for a 4th and keep Stiff Pastaboyarm to start this year. I will not watch another game started by CP, it is just too painful.

means more golf to me if at all possible

and less sex for the mrs.. :shock: she might stay in paris ;)

True, but had they not have had one of the worst QB situations in the league they would probably have been a very dangerous playoff team.

I honestly do believe that either Clemens or Pennington would do a much better job in Minnesota than the likes of Tavaris Jackson and Brooks Bollinger TBH.

really??? ddid you watch any games last year... i have always been a chad supporter.. and really wished that he was going to make a great comeback and prove all the naysayers wrong.. but i just dont see that happening..

as for kc.. a deer in the headlights.. and that was the few times he had time.. he has NO pocket presence.

i just think maybe vernon gholdston would be a better choice.

.. we need to give TJ and leon a chance...

They state that mcfadden is like marcus allen with speed..

Please. He's faster than Allen, no doubt about that, but he doesn't have the lateral movement or escapability Allen had.

In the open field, DMC will be great. The question is will he be able to get to the open field in the NFL.

I'll take him before Ryan. If we want a QB, I'd rather trade down and get Brohm. Pass rusher is our biggest need. Gholston will probably be there, but I'm not sure about him either.

They aren't set at RB or QB. You could make the case that they are better off long term at QB with Clemens. TJ has a year or two left in the tank and they don't seem to want to explore Leon as even being a 12 carry per game back.

That leaves them with a long term need at the position (or so the point could be made).

Blair Thomas was going to be an "all-pro franchise back," too.

Good post, GG. Wrong guy at the wrong time. Too many things that are much more important.

I keep reading this but do we get to take more than one player if we pass on McFadden? How are we filling all these holes by passing on 1 guy?

We have an entire offense full of MEDIOCRE players. Why would we want someone like McFadden :confused0058:

They aren't set at RB or QB. You could make the case that they are better off long term at QB with Clemens. TJ has a year or two left in the tank and they don't seem to want to explore Leon as even being a 12 carry per game back.

That leaves them with a long term need at the position (or so the point could be made).

i guess part of my issue is i dont see a future with kc... i do hope i am wrong.. but he did not look good last year, even when our OL was at it's best ( which i realize was infrequently) he looked panicked most of the time.

i thought considering our team, tj and leon were a good tandem...

I keep reading this but do we get to take more than one player if we pass on McFadden? How are we filling all these holes by passing on 1 guy?

We have an entire offense full of MEDIOCRE players. Why would we want someone like McFadden :confused0058:

to me an offense starts with a QB... and right now .. unless they gave chad a bionic arm in the offseason.. we are in trouble.

i like vernon.. as long as his passion for football stays high.. what i have read about him is amazing.. and a strong DE

The problem is that we HAVE Jones locked. We didn't know we'd suck this bad and have a chance at a Darren McFadden. TJ is in his 10 th year of an average career. Take McFadden and deal with the fact that we have depth at RB.

Agree 100% RB IS a NEED! when Curtis entered his 10th season we were writing him off and Thomas Jones couldn't carry Curtis' Jockstrap sorry.

We havd a shot at McFadden and you take it. Too bad he'll be gone, though.

Mcshay predicts that Vernon will be biggest bust in draft

He is strong but he is not athletic, cannot drop into coverages,

he is a smart Richmond grad, so i trust his judgement

lots of picks turn out to be busts... you just never know..

heck one knee inury and darren could be done... and his mama dont like new york.

OY!

:D

lots of picks turn out to be busts... you just never know..

heck one knee inury and darren could be done... and his mama dont like new york.

OY!

:D

i believe DMC will be taken by Al Davis anyway, if Dorsey slips to 6th, the saints will pay a ransom for him, we move to 10 and take a CB. 2nd round we need a WR badly.

PS his momma is a crackhead, better for him to be far away from her

Archived