I love the Jets, but i'm reminded why i HATE jet fans

SUorangefootball

no offense, but most of you don't know the first thing about football, in fact i'd be shocked if you were even functioning at above a 5th grade level with your comments. All i see is negative posts saying 'we blew the draft' we have 'morons or idiots' running the front office etc etc. Let me explain this as simply as i can. YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING, NONE OF YOU KNOW ANYTHING! Proof? NONE OF YOU HAVE JOBS IN THE NFL, and if you did believe me , you should be fired asap! Just STFU watch football and be grateful Rich Kotite doesn't coach this team and that your NOT a Bangles fan. I mean i'm reading posts by morons who say Keller will bomb, why>? because we've had guys drafted 8-20 years ago that played that position and bombed, ARE YOU KIDDING! how are you stupid enough to even think that?

I'm probably done reading idiots make idiotic comments on this site with the few reasonable people trying to defend common sense points. Maybe i can find a Jet fan site that has a higher than 70 IQ with people who dont secretly prefer having us fail. I mean i'm getting the sense that if we ever won the Super Bowl we'd have people posting threads saying "we didn't win by enough" or " the giants were a better superbowl team" and other useless crap like that. I have close ties to our Front Office and i honestly feel bad for him knowing how Jet fans are...You all should grow up and learn something about trusting professionals (especially one's that have only been 2 freaking years).

Yeah, cause Jet fans are the fan-base to ever complain about draft picks???:roll:

I haven't been complaining too much about anything but fans will always criticize when they feel they should and believe me I can understand why a Jet fan would be a bit uneasy about drafting a TE so high.

Can I just ask? We're the guys who criticized the Anthony Schlegel pick 'Morons or Idiots'??? Did the front office know what they were doing then???

I'm not one of the critics right now but I can't blame them for voicing their opinions, it's a message board FFS.

Look I see SU's point sometimes..There are a lot of Jet fans NO MATTER what the FO does it's lambasted..How many posts last year slammed the Revis and Haris trade downs and losing picks(you know who you are)...a freakin billion..no one of those s**theads ever turned around in a post and said..Damn those guys got it right ..which they did.. in spades!! There are a lot of great Jet fans on this site but some people are always so down on everything the Jets do..it's depressing.

no offense, but most of you don't know the first thing about football, in fact i'd be shocked if you were even functioning at above a 5th grade level with your comments. All i see is negative posts saying 'we blew the draft' we have 'morons or idiots' running the front office etc etc. Let me explain this as simply as i can. YOU DONT KNOW ANYTHING, NONE OF YOU KNOW ANYTHING! Proof? NONE OF YOU HAVE JOBS IN THE NFL, and if you did believe me , you should be fired asap! Just STFU watch football and be grateful Rich Kotite doesn't coach this team and that your NOT a Bangles fan. I mean i'm reading posts by morons who say Keller will bomb, why>? because we've had guys drafted 8-20 years ago that played that position and bombed, ARE YOU KIDDING! how are you stupid enough to even think that?

I'm probably done reading idiots make idiotic comments on this site with the few reasonable people trying to defend common sense points. Maybe i can find a Jet fan site that has a higher than 70 IQ with people who dont secretly prefer having us fail. I mean i'm getting the sense that if we ever won the Super Bowl we'd have people posting threads saying "we didn't win by enough" or " the giants were a better superbowl team" and other useless crap like that. I have close ties to our Front Office and i honestly feel bad for him knowing how Jet fans are...You all should grow up and learn something about trusting professionals (especially one's that have only been 2 freaking years).

:rl:

So because I chose to do something else with my life other than go into NFL management, I have a 70 IQ and secretly am desirous that the Jets fail to show how I'm right and they're wrong? Yeah, you can read me (and everyone else here) like a book.

Clearly, dissenting opinion is something that is too much for you. I wish you the best of luck in real life where only stupid people could possibly imagine a situation where management is fallible or capable of errors in judgments or actions.

I like this FO. I think they're a capable group of guys with a good balance of brains & balls. I also think they're human & capable of mistakes - even massive ones - in the things they do:

Cutler/McNeill would have been better than Ferguson/Clemens.

The Kendall situation, just last year, was an embarrassing blunder.

Adrien Clarke.

Kimo von Oelhoffen.

Kevan Barlow.

Brad Smith over Gabe Watson when we had no NT.

Eric Smith also over Gabe Watson, with a day one pick.

Anthony Schlegel at the top of round 3.

Jason Pociask in round 5 (was expected to go undrafted).

Jonathan Vilma, all 225 lbs of him, in the 3-4.

DRob as a 3-4 nose tackle for two full seasons.

Thomas Jones for a high 3rd round pick and $20M.

Bryan Thomas and his $25M extension.

There's more that I'm probably forgetting, but get over yourself (or your clearly-biased "close ties"). This FO has made a number of massive blunders in only 2 seasons, and are coming off a pathetic 4-12 showing.

I still like them and still support them. But I don't accept that everything they do as the right thing until I see us in a superbowl. And that's because I'm not an idiot with a 70 IQ.

Spermy..You tend to be much more objective then the guys who s**t on everything..If the FO makes what you feel is a good move you say so..There are alot of posters who dump on EVERYTHING and I just want to crack them along side there heads..

Spermy..You tend to be much more objective then the guys who s**t on everything..If the FO makes what you feel is a good move you say so..There are alot of posters who dump on EVERYTHING and I just want to crack them along side there heads..

Hey I know where you're coming from. But the suggestion that anyone who disagrees with a gamble - and ALL draft picks are gambles - that the FO made is stupid or shortsighted because of it? Give me a break. If they were so infallible I'm sure we could have managed more than the 3rd-fewest wins in the NFL last year (half of which came against a team that was one lucky overtime play from being 0-16).

Gholston could be a stud & could be Bryan Thomas II. Well they already gambled & lost on Bryan Thomas I, so I hope they don't with Gholston. Everyone was screaming for a playmaker on offense & they drafted one. Yeah, he was one-dimensional in college. Gates was zero-dimensional in college since he didn't play football in college other than maybe an intramural flag football team with his buddies.

Time will tell which (if any) were good picks & which (if any) were sucky picks.

While a little harsh, he some good points.

The people who complain we don't LOSE enough games to pick HIGH enough to get players who will be BUSTS should STFU. There is no proof that any of that works.

The teams that pick lower in the draft, are better teams, seem to end up with better players and win more games the following year.

BZ

Maybe i can find a Jet fan site that has a higher than 70 IQ with people who dont secretly prefer having us fail.

Good luck with that one. My guess is that is a fruitless search. I can guarantee that at least half of this board has an IQ > yours. Have you even gotten your drivers license yet?

I have close ties to our Front Office and i honestly feel bad for him knowing how Jet fans are.

That's awesome you think you could send my resume over? Maybe I can get an interview and I'll ask them why they just moved up 6 spots unnecessarily for an undersized TE that can't block.

I still think the Tannebaum and Mangini are bright and very capable. The only thing that Sperm pointed out that really bothered me was Kendall. Don't want him and his whiny agent here? Fine-trade him on March 1st and repalce him, or understand that you will have to work with someone you think is an a-hole, as we all learn. Which anyone over the age of 30 understands; you do not get to work with people who universally love you.Even in the most successful work enviroments, there will be people who contribute who aren't with the game plan and -horrors!-don't like you. BFD;Learn to live with it. Instead, it got personal, and that was pointless wasted energy, and worse, instead Kendall wasn't replaced adequately such that run blocking and pass protection broke down. And I hope the same thing is not playing out with Baker. Baker isn't a superstar, but could be an average contributor on a winning team.

So because I chose to do something else with my life other than go into NFL management, I have a 70 IQ and secretly am desirous that the Jets fail to show how I'm right and they're wrong? Yeah, you can read me (and everyone else here) like a book.

Clearly, dissenting opinion is something that is too much for you. I wish you the best of luck in real life where only stupid people could possibly imagine a situation where management is fallible or capable of errors in judgments or actions.

I like this FO. I think they're a capable group of guys with a good balance of brains & balls. I also think they're human & capable of mistakes - even massive ones - in the things they do:

Adrien Clarke.

Kimo von Oelhoffen.

Kevan Barlow.

Jonathan Vilma, all 225 lbs of him, in the 3-4.

DRob as a 3-4 nose tackle for two full seasons.

Thomas Jones for a high 3rd round pick and $20M.

Bryan Thomas and his $25M extension.

There's more that I'm probably forgetting, but get over yourself (or your clearly-biased "close ties"). This FO has made a number of massive blunders in only 2 seasons, and are coming off a pathetic 4-12 showing.

I still like them and still support them. But I don't accept that everything they do as the right thing until I see us in a superbowl. And that's because I'm not an idiot with a 70 IQ.

A little harsh on the analysis of the FO, but I realize you were making a point. I would have to disagree on McNeil, Cutler v. DBrick, Clemens. Now that Faneca is there, DBrick lives up to his potential, and IMO, when careers are over, Clemens>Cutler.

A little harsh on the analysis of the FO, but I realize you were making a point. I would have to disagree on McNeil, Cutler v. DBrick, Clemens. Now that Faneca is there, DBrick lives up to his potential, and IMO, when careers are over, Clemens>Cutler.

D'Brick's ceiling is below McNeill's potential, as it was on draft day. McNeill only had a concern over the longevity of his career because of a narrow spinal column or something. It never affected him before, it hasn't affected him thus far, and seems to have been an error on the part of every franchise that was interested in an offensive tackle in 2006. He's as quick as Ferguson and is a massive road-grader in the ground game. Ferguson has yet to prove himself as even average in pass blocking at this point (except in the eyes of Jets fans who wish it to be so). He's a beast, is more talented than Ferguson, and has been way more productive than Ferguson. To say nothing of also comparing the other half of that equation: Clemens instead of Cutler.

There's no doubting Ferguson's talent, and Faneca should be a HUGE boost to his development. But his upside as a run-blocker is to be a mediocre one. An OT picked at #4 in a draft like 2006 should have no weak areas of his game. And this was a weak area even when he was just a prospect.

That was not my point. My point was that Tannenbaum and Mangini make mistakes like all other humans on this planet. Disagreeing with the judgment people who have made so many enormous judgmental blunders - in such a short time span no less - does not make one stupid.

What I do have confidence (or at least hope) in, though, is the ability to learn from their past mistakes. I had no such hope with Herm & Bradway. Set at DE for the next few years? Let's burn our first round pick on another one. Got a little embarrassed in free agency? Trade two firsts & a 4th for a workout warrior with no cartilage in his knees. Going to lose your NT after this year? Ignore the stud just sitting there for you in round 1 and draft a puny MLB'er - also with a degenerative knee condition - instead.

So there's lots of hope. And they've had a kick-ass off-season. But to question the intelligence of all who question them is just idiotic. And it doesn't look like that poster's going to last long here anyway at this rate.

Hey I know where you're coming from. But the suggestion that anyone who disagrees with a gamble - and ALL draft picks are gambles - that the FO made is stupid or shortsighted because of it? Give me a break. If they were so infallible I'm sure we could have managed more than the 3rd-fewest wins in the NFL last year (half of which came against a team that was one lucky overtime play from being 0-16).

Gholston could be a stud & could be Bryan Thomas II. Well they already gambled & lost on Bryan Thomas I, so I hope they don't with Gholston. Everyone was screaming for a playmaker on offense & they drafted one. Yeah, he was one-dimensional in college. Gates was zero-dimensional in college since he didn't play football in college other than maybe an intramural flag football team with his buddies.

Time will tell which (if any) were good picks & which (if any) were sucky picks.

Take heart Spern, you're one of the good one's. And by the way i disagree with plenty of things this team has done, i just don't write non sensible rants about how we should fire the management right away and jump of a bridge which seems to be more the norm here then the exception.

Good luck with that one. My guess is that is a fruitless search. I can guarantee that at least half of this board has an IQ > yours. Have you even gotten your drivers license yet?

I have a MBA from Wharton, how about you big shot? And thats not the point, my FOOTBALL IQ is much higher than yours but even if it wasn't i would have enough common sense to know that i don't know about how things will turn out in drafts before i go blowing gaskets and writing idiotic posts.

That's awesome you think you could send my resume over? Maybe I can get an interview and I'll ask them why they just moved up 6 spots unnecessarily for an undersized TE that can't block.

No, in fact i would ask them to revoke your tickets if i knew who you were.

D'Brick's ceiling is below McNeill's potential, as it was on draft day. McNeill only had a concern over the longevity of his career because of a narrow spinal column or something. It never affected him before, it hasn't affected him thus far, and seems to have been an error on the part of every franchise that was interested in an offensive tackle in 2006. He's as quick as Ferguson and is a massive road-grader in the ground game. Ferguson has yet to prove himself as even average in pass blocking at this point (except in the eyes of Jets fans who wish it to be so). He's a beast, is more talented than Ferguson, and has been way more productive than Ferguson. To say nothing of also comparing the other half of that equation: Clemens instead of Cutler.

There's no doubting Ferguson's talent, and Faneca should be a HUGE boost to his development. But his upside as a run-blocker is to be a mediocre one. An OT picked at #4 in a draft like 2006 should have no weak areas of his game. And this was a weak area even when he was just a prospect.

That was not my point. My point was that Tannenbaum and Mangini make mistakes like all other humans on this planet. Disagreeing with the judgment people who have made so many enormous judgmental blunders - in such a short time span no less - does not make one stupid.

What I do have confidence (or at least hope) in, though, is the ability to learn from their past mistakes. I had no such hope with Herm & Bradway. Set at DE for the next few years? Let's burn our first round pick on another one. Got a little embarrassed in free agency? Trade two firsts & a 4th for a workout warrior with no cartilage in his knees. Going to lose your NT after this year? Ignore the stud just sitting there for you in round 1 and draft a puny MLB'er - also with a degenerative knee condition - instead.

So there's lots of hope. And they've had a kick-ass off-season. But to question the intelligence of all who question them is just idiotic. And it doesn't look like that poster's going to last long here anyway at this rate.

I had gotten your point, that other poster wasn't worth commenting on. If everyone has to agree with everything the FO does without question, there wouldn't be much need for a message board. They know alot more about football then I ever will, even Herm does I think, but they do make mistakes that even lay people can recognize. I just found the McNeil, Cutler/Fergeson, Clemens comparison more interesting than the original thread.

BTW McNeil may be much better, but the Clemens half will be the determining factor, and we won't know for at least a year, and possibly several more.

This post exemplifies the guys point. You only cherry pick the negative and do not highlight the positives this management has done for this team and the Monday morning QBing is amazing

So let me get this straight - you were clamoring for the Jets to pick Cutler at #4 and Winston in the 2nd round before the draft. Forget the fact that that 2 separate teams picked Winston and Cutler. I still say that Clemens and Fergie were a good combo.

Both parties have alot to blame. If Kendall stayed the Jets would have been 5 - 11 last year.

Yeah the Jets GMs and every other team let this guy slip down to the 4th round! Watch out for that powerhouse Cardinal team. Eric Smith and Brad Smith were good choices at that level

Can't argue with that one, but c'est la vie - it was otherwise a pretty good draft for them

Now who exactly did you want at that selection? Get back when you review the 2006 draft and find someone who succeeded as a late pick.

Thomas Jones for a high 3rd round pick and $20M.[/i

Please stop this nonsense. They did not give up a high 3rd round pick for Thomas. They exchanged third round picks for him and because they were able to keep that 3rd round pick they were able to use it as ammo to get Revis I believe. These guys are way ahead of the curve. Thomas was a very good pick up.

I would say they were hardly massive blunders, but again that's opinion. You can choose to highlight the negative if you want (Hell if the Jets had the draft the Pats had last year then you have someting to complain about, but then again their genuises), but this management has done a tremendous job up to this point to get this team out of cap hell and yet on paper appear pretty damn prepared for next year. And they did this in 2 years

Right or wrong Woody made the call on these two and we have to go with it like it or not. The FO has had a few setbacks but the one thing that pisses me off is they took a system over the players and now we are dealing with it, take Romeo in cleveland came from a 3-4 and his base is more of a 4-3, and they are a head of us at this point with a shift towards a 3-4 look here and there. As for all of us being stupid and just known nothing about football fans well go somewhere else and tell someone who really cares we are here to talk Jets football not get paid to GM or coach but who knows maybe u can.

Chillax.

Go Cuse.:)

This post exemplifies the guys point. You only cherry pick the negative and do not highlight the positives this management has done for this team and the Monday morning QBing is amazing

I would say they were hardly massive blunders, but again that's opinion. You can choose to highlight the negative if you want (Hell if the Jets had the draft the Pats had last year then you have someting to complain about, but then again their genuises), but this management has done a tremendous job up to this point to get this team out of cap hell and yet on paper appear pretty damn prepared for next year. And they did this in 2 years

You're joking, right?

The Kendall situation was a massive blunder. Whatever kind of a tool Kendall may be or may have been, they clearly promised the guy they'd redo his deal (or move him to a team that would). Then they re-negged on it. Then they didn't address his position in free agency. Then they didn't address his position in the draft. Then they threw him in the rookie dorm at the start of camp. Then they demoted him to backup behind Adrien Clarke and Jacob Bender. And to top it off, he was the Jets' nflpa rep who was not too shy to vent this situation to the media throughout. Then they traded him to another team that gave him a pay raise, which is what he wanted in the first place. So the player got what he wanted, the FO looked like spiteful amateurs, and we had a hole at his position all year that (at multiple junctures), got two different QB's knocked out of football games badly enough for them to each miss the next game as well.

It wasn't Winston in the 2nd round; it was Marcus McNeill. The kid who gave up 1 sack in his entire college career (and that was as a freshman); who went to the pro bowl as a rookie left tackle while Ferguson was either letting guys go by him or requiring that Baker act as a second left tackle instead of going out as a receiver, even on passing downs.

And yes, I was for drafting Cutler if they were unable to trade down (which was my #1 preference at the time). My #2 preference was Haloti Ngata. My #3 preference was a QB if they weren't going to shore-up the NT position with that pick. This is not easy-to-say-now crap. Ask anyone.

Gabe Watson was something that is very rare: a nose tackle with the size requisite to hold down the position on a 3-man line, who also was athletic enough to garner a first round draft grade. Ngata was another one. Before that, the last one was Wilfork in 2004. Before that was Casey Hampton in 2001. Before that was Jamal Williams, but he was a supplemental first round pick in 1999 or so. Every team did not need a 3-4 nose tackle. The Jets did, and with stupid luck 2 of them were available to them. They passed on both & opted to use DRob at nose tackle for 2 years. Or is it your opinion that was wise to do? We'd have been infinitely better off with Ngata or Watson at nose, and Ellis/DRob manning the end positions. And for the icing on the cake, Watson has developed into a very solid nose tackle in Arizona's 3-4 defense, occupying 2 blockers just like he should be doing.

Eric Smith and Brad Smith were good choices?

Eric Smith was a day one pick who still isn't the starter entering his 3rd season. And it's not like he's had to beat out some pro bowl FS in front of him. He's had to get past Eric Coleman and Abram Elam. He still has potential, but he's slow & hasn't developed nearly as well as the FO had hoped.

Brad Smith? He's not even a WR. And we need one. He's strictly a special teams player thrust into the WR role due to our own sorry depth at the position. We were rebuilding & needed players, not projects. And so we took him instead of both a desperately-needed nose tackle who was somehow still there for us, and a true WR prospect who was also there like Brandon Marshall.

Don't get me started on Pociask. He was projected to go undrafted. Pointing out other guys who have not been successful is not justification for wasting a draft pick on someone with so little upside. Who could we have taken? We'd just let John Abraham go & could have used a pass rusher (that we hadn't addressed yet in the draft or FA). Maybe someone like Mark Anderson, or a the top FB prospect in the draft like Lawrence Vickers, who was also available, but hey what do I know?

Lastly, you are just flat-out wrong on the Thomas Jones trade. We dropped from like the 5th pick in round 2 to the second-last pick in round 2. That carries the trade value of an upper 3rd round pick. Then we gave him $12M guaranteed on a $20M contract when he was about to turn 29 years old before the season started. Moving down in that fashion also ended up costing us a couple more picks, as we needed to trade back UP to get David Harris. Hey, it's not like we needed our 3rd or 4th round picks to draft a LG with the ongoing Kendall situation, right?

You are so freaking funny it's not even a laughing matter. If you don't like the content on this site then shove off. This is a place for people to vent and praise the Jets. I have said this so many times I can't believe you haven't read it yet. If you don't like the threads move on. People have a right to bash this front office, thanks to sperm I don't have to go into detail. There wouldn't even be a Jets team without the support of fan dollars. As far as people's IQ, who the hell are you to say how smart people are. And if anyone's view shouldn't matter it's yours. Your the one that is bias because of your connections to the front office. By the way it's not really a connection just because you know the guy who refills the snack machines.

You're joking, right?

The Kendall situation was a massive blunder. Whatever kind of a tool Kendall may be or may have been, they clearly promised the guy they'd redo his deal (or move him to a team that would). Then they re-negged on it. Then they didn't address his position in free agency. Then they didn't address his position in the draft. Then they threw him in the rookie dorm at the start of camp. Then they demoted him to backup behind Adrien Clarke and Jacob Bender. And to top it off, he was the Jets' nflpa rep who was not too shy to vent this situation to the media throughout. Then they traded him to another team that gave him a pay raise, which is what he wanted in the first place. So the player got what he wanted, the FO looked like spiteful amateurs, and we had a hole at his position all year that (at multiple junctures), got two different QB's knocked out of football games badly enough for them to each miss the next game as well.

It wasn't Winston in the 2nd round; it was Marcus McNeill. The kid who gave up 1 sack in his entire college career (and that was as a freshman); who went to the pro bowl as a rookie left tackle while Ferguson was either letting guys go by him or requiring that Baker act as a second left tackle instead of going out as a receiver, even on passing downs.

And yes, I was for drafting Cutler if they were unable to trade down (which was my #1 preference at the time). My #2 preference was Haloti Ngata. My #3 preference was a QB if they weren't going to shore-up the NT position with that pick. This is not easy-to-say-now crap. Ask anyone.

Gabe Watson was something that is very rare: a nose tackle with the size requisite to hold down the position on a 3-man line, who also was athletic enough to garner a first round draft grade. Ngata was another one. Before that, the last one was Wilfork in 2004. Before that was Casey Hampton in 2001. Before that was Jamal Williams, but he was a supplemental first round pick in 1999 or so. Every team did not need a 3-4 nose tackle. The Jets did, and with stupid luck 2 of them were available to them. They passed on both & opted to use DRob at nose tackle for 2 years. Or is it your opinion that was wise to do? We'd have been infinitely better off with Ngata or Watson at nose, and Ellis/DRob manning the end positions. And for the icing on the cake, Watson has developed into a very solid nose tackle in Arizona's 3-4 defense, occupying 2 blockers just like he should be doing.

Eric Smith and Brad Smith were good choices?

Eric Smith was a day one pick who still isn't the starter entering his 3rd season. And it's not like he's had to beat out some pro bowl FS in front of him. He's had to get past Eric Coleman and Abram Elam. He still has potential, but he's slow & hasn't developed nearly as well as the FO had hoped.

Brad Smith? He's not even a WR. And we need one. He's strictly a special teams player thrust into the WR role due to our own sorry depth at the position. We were rebuilding & needed players, not projects. And so we took him instead of both a desperately-needed nose tackle who was somehow still there for us, and a true WR prospect who was also there like Brandon Marshall.

Don't get me started on Pociask. He was projected to go undrafted. Pointing out other guys who have not been successful is not justification for wasting a draft pick on someone with so little upside. Who could we have taken? We'd just let John Abraham go & could have used a pass rusher (that we hadn't addressed yet in the draft or FA). Maybe someone like Mark Anderson, or a the top FB prospect in the draft like Lawrence Vickers, who was also available, but hey what do I know?

Lastly, you are just flat-out wrong on the Thomas Jones trade. We dropped from like the 5th pick in round 2 to the second-last pick in round 2. That carries the trade value of an upper 3rd round pick. Then we gave him $12M guaranteed on a $20M contract when he was about to turn 29 years old before the season started. Moving down in that fashion also ended up costing us a couple more picks, as we needed to trade back UP to get David Harris. Hey, it's not like we needed our 3rd or 4th round picks to draft a LG with the ongoing Kendall situation, right?

No I'm not joking? Now you want Ngata too - how many picks do you think the Jets had that year?

Your blaming this management on previos regimen's choices.

Again you're Monday morning QBing to the nth degree - everybody's right after the fact. This management is doing a great job in getting the players they want. As far as Thomas goes forgive the error in rd - bottom line is that after all the dealing the Jets were able to land Harris (any complaints??) because they kept a 2nd rounder in the Thomas deal and in the end landed Harris and Thomas for essentially a late rd pick.

I believe Eric Coleman is no longer on the Jets. They let him go which tells me they are comfortable with Eric Smith.

You are so freaking funny it's not even a laughing matter. If you don't like the content on this site then shove off. This is a place for people to vent and praise the Jets. I have said this so many times I can't believe you haven't read it yet. If you don't like the threads move on. People have a right to bash this front office, thanks to sperm I don't have to go into detail. There wouldn't even be a Jets team without the support of fan dollars. As far as people's IQ, who the hell are you to say how smart people are. And if anyone's view shouldn't matter it's yours. Your the one that is bias because of your connections to the front office. By the way it's not really a connection just because you know the guy who refills the snack machines.

NICE!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

No I'm not joking? Now you want Ngata too - how many picks do you think the Jets had that year?

Your blaming this management on previos regimen's choices.

Again you're Monday morning QBing to the nth degree - everybody's right after the fact. This management is doing a great job in getting the players they want. As far as Thomas goes forgive the error in rd - bottom line is that after all the dealing the Jets were able to land Harris (any complaints??) because they kept a 2nd rounder in the Thomas deal and in the end landed Harris and Thomas for essentially a late rd pick.

I believe Eric Coleman is no longer on the Jets. They let him go which tells me they are comfortable with Eric Smith.

Actually we had a MOTHERLOAD of picks that year, if you had actually followed the team then:

Two first rounders (including #4 overall)

High second rounder

Two third rounders

Two fourth rounders

Fifth rounder

Six rounder

Seventh rounder

10 picks total, including 3 of the top 35, 5 on day one, and 7 in the first four rounds.

Thomas trade was not a good one. He wasn't "free" for keeping a 2nd round pick. Hope you like him better than Michael Turner this year because we weren't in the running for him due to Jones' contract. Hope you still like him when he's 31 with two years left on that deal as well.

There are worse RB's in the league than Jones (to be sure), but he was not worth trading for.

And the team not signing a borderline scrub like Eric Coleman is not in and of itself praise of Eric Smith. Smith can't wrestle the job from Abram Elam either. I hope he does this year, but so far it looks like one of their massive reaches who didn't pan out from that draft.

In what way have I blamed this FO for the errors of the prior one? When have I even hinted at that?

In what way have I blamed this FO for the errors of the prior one? When have I even hinted at that?

The inheritance of Drob and other players ill suited to their system? This regimen would never had drafted Drob, but when they took over they tried to make it work because that was the talent they had to work with. It's very easy to say we should have replaced him yet he demands a high salary and may have been hard to trade away ( maybe they tried). They inherited alot of personnel that didn't fit their system and in 2 years they are very close to achieving their goals. I agree with their philosophy to stick to the 3-4 because in the long run the 2 years of experience for the personnel who remain will play dividends. We always make it sound so easy to fix things on paper when in actual fact it is very difficult to make the moves you want.

As far as Thomas goes we will disagree. He's a quality back well worth the value of dropping down to the bottom of the 2nd round and will have a much better year with this OL.

The inheritance of Drob and other players ill suited to their system? This regimen would never had drafted Drob, but when they took over they tried to make it work because that was the talent they had to work with. It's very easy to say we should have replaced him yet he demands a high salary and may have been hard to trade away ( maybe they tried). They inherited alot of personnel that didn't fit their system and in 2 years they are very close to achieving their goals. I agree with their philosophy to stick to the 3-4 because in the long run the 2 years of experience for the personnel who remain will play dividends. We always make it sound so easy to fix things on paper when in actual fact it is very difficult to make the moves you want.

As far as Thomas goes we will disagree. He's a quality back well worth the value of dropping down to the bottom of the 2nd round and will have a much better year with this OL.

Having DRob on the team and using him as a 3-4 nose tackle are not the same thing. He projected much better to DE than NT. But they thought it wiser to sign Kimo von Bustoften for DE and use DRob as a NT than put DRob at DE (where he might have actually been good) and drafting a NT.

I hardly blame Tannenbaum & Mangini for DRob being on the team.

Your comment about Keller is spot on; How Johnny Mitchell, Brady and Becht effect Dustin Keller is beyond me. I guess the Bengals shouldnt have drafted Carson Palmer with that logic

Archived