0-4 with an ERA of 9.00

Thor99

I am a Hughes supporter, and I didn't want him traded to Minnesota, but I think he should be sent down for a start or 2 to get his confidence back, because if this continues on, we may never see anything out of Hughes, and it'll prove we should have gone for that trade. I say give Hughes one more start, and if he ****s up, send him down to AAA for a start or 2.

Nothing wrong with a young pitcher struggling, but I watch Hughes pitch and I am just not impressed with his "stuff". Where is the 95MPH fastball he supposedly had and was talked about for years in the minors? His breaking ball is very hittable more times than not. He doesnt have a change, his slider is average.

Right now he looks like a classic tweener pitcher; doesnt throw hard enough to overpower guys and doesnt have a good enough arsenal of pitches to be a precision pitcher.

Right now he is looking like a #3-#4 starter, and if we didnt give that up for Johan Cashman needs to be hung.

It really is a miracle. It is funny but I am happy they are at .500 right now!

Yeah, what Yankee fan wouldn't be thrilled with the Yankees being .500 right now with the way they've been playing. You basically have only 2 good starters, 1 old one who can be good or bad, and two young prospects who haven't shown up yet, a bunch of injuries, and yet they still have a .500 record.

On the bright side, Hughes is keeping his innings pitched down.

I know you are kidding but Hughes and Kennedy have less restrictions on them then Chamberlain does. Although at this rate Hughes might have to play Winter Ball to pick up arm strength after a 131 2/3 IP season.

:)

I know you are kidding but Hughes and Kennedy have less restrictions on them then Chamberlain does. Although at this rate Hughes might have to play Winter Ball to pick up arm strength after a 131 2/3 IP season.

:)

Not funny.;)

Won't get you into the HOF, will it?

This used to be the reason the Yankees used to trade their youngins, before they had a chance. like Doug Drabek when heir Schickelgruber lead with an iron fist.

This used to be the reason the Yankees used to trade their youngins, before they had a chance. like Doug Drabek when heir Schickelgruber lead with an iron fist.

The yankees are doomed. Now they will panick and put Joba in as a starter, losing the best setup man in the game and a potential future papelbon-like closer.

It's all downhill for the Yanks. It's all about entropy. The dynasty is over. Tell Ca$hboy to post his resume on monster.

Archived