Breaking News...Tapes show Pats also were stealing Offensive signals

SouthernJet

Why are the Yankees even being discussed in here? Anything to make these idiotic Patriot fans feel better about themselves and their coach's cheating ways.

They're just trying to deflect as much attention as possible. They'll bring up the yankees, the fins anything they can to deflect attention away from the discussion at hand. I don't blame them for doing so, it is an effective technique because all it does it take one person to fall for it and start arguing with them about the Yankees for the thread to be de-railed and attention diverted.

• Replies 116
  • Created
  • Last Reply
They're just trying to deflect as much attention as possible. They'll bring up the yankees, the fins anything they can to deflect attention away from the discussion at hand. I don't blame them for doing so, it is an effective technique because all it does it take one person to fall for it and start arguing with them about the Yankees for the thread to be de-railed and attention diverted.

PatriotReign is the only one trying to deflect this stuff. I guess you missed my posts.

PatriotReign is the only one trying to deflect this stuff. I guess you missed my posts.

I never said by name who was doing it, I was merely speaking in general. You know that you're the only pats fan on this site that I can actually stand. I didn't read half of this thread because there is no point. One side is going to say they are worse than OJ simpson for cheating and one side is going to say it isn't a big deal. When the truth is really somewhere in the middle. It is ****ed up that they did it especially since they got caught. I think that there should be some additional punishment for the fact that offensive signals were taped and I think it should be the same as the punishment for taping defensive signals. Other than that unless there exists tapes of walkthru's and practices I shall not be calling for BB's head on a stick. But if a tape of walkthru and practices superbowl or otherwise surface I shall be leading the charge for the death penalty for BB and no I'm not joking about the death penalty.

I never said by name who was doing it, I was merely speaking in general. You know that you're the only pats fan on this site that I can actually stand. I didn't read half of this thread because there is no point. One side is going to say they are worse than OJ simpson for cheating and one side is going to say it isn't a big deal. When the truth is really somewhere in the middle. It is ****ed up that they did it especially since they got caught. I think that there should be some additional punishment for the fact that offensive signals were taped and I think it should be the same as the punishment for taping defensive signals. Other than that unless there exists tapes of walkthru's and practices I shall not be calling for BB's head on a stick. But if a tape of walkthru and practices superbowl or otherwise surface I shall be leading the charge for the death penalty for BB and no I'm not joking about the death penalty.

I was watching NFL Network the other day and they had one of those shows where coaches and players could be heard on the field.

Jerry Glanville was coaching the Falcons and he was pointing out that the other team had a cameraman taping the signals. Sam Wyche did the same as he was coaching the Bucs.

This happened back in the 90's.

I was watching NFL Network the other day and they had one of those shows where coaches and players could be heard on the field.

Jerry Glanville was coaching the Falcons and he was pointing out that the other team had a cameraman taping the signals. Sam Wyche did the same as he was coaching the Bucs.

This happened back in the 90's.

So? This is a very bad argument to use because it doesn't prove the point you are trying to make. Just because more than one person does it and not everyone gets caught and punished for it doesn't mean that the person who was caught doesn't deserve to be punished. That would be like saying that person A shouldn't be punished for selling drugs because person b-z did it and didn't get caught/punished. The bottom line is that it is against the rules and is something that deserves punishment. Regardless of the actions or consequences of others. Just because a lot of people speed doesn't mean that the person caught speeding should not get a fine. It does not make the behavior acceptable or right.

So? This is a very bad argument to use because it doesn't prove the point you are trying to make. Just because more than one person does it and not everyone gets caught and punished for it doesn't mean that the person who was caught doesn't deserve to be punished. That would be like saying that person A shouldn't be punished for selling drugs because person b-z did it and didn't get caught/punished. The bottom line is that it is against the rules and is something that deserves punishment. Regardless of the actions or consequences of others. Just because a lot of people speed doesn't mean that the person caught speeding should not get a fine. It does not make the behavior acceptable or right.

I was pointing out that taping signals is nothing new. The Pats were severely punished for what they did.

You are obviously not reading what I'm posting. I guess you want BB to be punished more than he has because he was the only guy caught.

BTW: Would you give a crap if the Arizona Cardinals were taping signals?

I was pointing out that taping signals is nothing new. The Pats were severely punished for what they did.

You are obviously not reading what I'm posting. I guess you want BB to be punished more than he has because he was the only guy caught.

BTW: Would you give a crap if the Arizona Cardinals were taping signals?

Would I? Yes I would. I'm not so sure everyone else would. But, I happen to have a very high sense of justice and would be just as angry if the Cardinals were caught cheating. Especially if you throw in a few questionable super bowl victories in there. I am reading what you are posting you are trying to imply that other people breaking the rules makes it so that people shouldn't be punished when they get caught breaking them. Which is false. I don't care about BB, I care about an NFL franchise and institutionalized cheating. If they get punished for taping defensive signals I want them to receive the same punishment for taping offensive signals.

Mangenoius? Are you talking about the guy that was on the Patriots coaching staff.

Get your head out of the sand.

I'm actually talking about the Jet, and Pat part.

BTW How those celtics doing tonight? Cavs are amazing, just admit it.

I'm actually talking about the Jet, and Pat part.

BTW How those celtics doing tonight? Cavs are amazing, just admit it.

Answer the question. If you are so disgusted by what the Pats did why do you embrace a Coach who was part of that?

But the Yankees arent the ony ones shooting steroids.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Can you please stop mentioning the Yankees. You are making Pats fans look like arse clowns.

BTW: There are a lot of posters here who aren't Yankees fans.

Can you please stop mentioning the Yankees. You are making Pats fans look like arse clowns.

BTW: There are a lot of posters here who aren't Yankees fans.

Look Man, stop concerning yourself with what I post. Its got nothing to do with you.

Seroiusly. The board will still luv u regardless of what I do.

But the Yankees arent the ony ones shooting steroids.

What a bunch of hypocrites.

Okay, I think I get it now. Some baseball players used performance-enhancing drugs, and that makes it okay for the Patriots to win some tainted championships. I think there's actually a law in Wyoming that might corroborate that.

I completely agree, no one knows actually knows how big of an advantage they got from filming. Jets/everyone else will say that it gave them a HUGE advantage and that they should be more severely punished, and pats fans will say it might of helped out alittle bit in future games and they were punished correctly. Until we know how much of advantage they got (which is never), the league isn't going to do squat. I do believe they should be punished more for filming offensive tapes (because it does add more proof that they gained more advantage then previous with just defensive tapes) and if actual proof comes out that they did film the rams pre-superbowl practice then they should get even harsher penalties (ie BB suspended). But more defensive tapes showing what everyone already knows doesn't warrant any more punishment than they've already received UNLESS they contain proof that the tapes with used during the same game or somehow gave the Pats an even bigger advantage then the previous tapes did. Until then everything else is just speculation and personal biased opinions.

Okay, I think I get it now. Some baseball players used performance-enhancing drugs, and that makes it okay for the Patriots to win some tainted championships. I think there's actually a law in Wyoming that might corroborate that.

I love all these lame Boston fans who are trying to use the red herring argument to defend BB and the Pats by saying "New Yorkers are hypocrites b/c the Yankees used steroids."

Well, actually, according to the report Pettite and Mike Stanton didn't start using roids until after they left the Yankees.

Roger Clemens was the only Yankee of any importance who was proven to use juice and I'm sure at least half the batters he was facing were using steroids too.

Since when is this breaking news? BB has admitted to all his tapings and the Pats handed the video to the league.

BTW, if I read correctly, it's not like filming the other team was "illegal" per se. It's all about WHERE you do it. The Pats, and the rest of the NFL, were told to stop filming from the sidelines, and they Pats did not. BB's arrogance reigns true. He, as well as teh team, paid a hefty price. Jest fans aren't impressed. Of course. After years of looking up at the Pats' arses in the standing for some odd years, I understand the hatred and futility. Still find it pathetic, though. No worries. Just drink yourselves into a stuper and perform the Jets chant a couple of hundred times. Most of you are really good at that.

Since when is this breaking news? BB has admitted to all his tapings and the Pats handed the video to the league.

BTW, if I read correctly, it's not like filming the other team was "illegal" per se. It's all about WHERE you do it. The Pats, and the rest of the NFL, were told to stop filming from the sidelines, and they Pats did not. BB's arrogance reigns true. He, as well as teh team, paid a hefty price. Jest fans aren't impressed. Of course. After years of looking up at the Pats' arses in the standing for some odd years, I understand the hatred and futility. Still find it pathetic, though. No worries. Just drink yourselves into a stuper and perform the Jets chant a couple of hundred times. Most of you are really good at that.

Lose the fatso Kraft talking points. Just because the head cheater and his boss say this is no big deal doesn't mean it is. It is WAY bigger than Jets vs Cheaters. This is about games and seasons that were decided based on fraudulent outcomes.

you do an awesome job of attacking the person rather than the argument. You're okay with the cheating because you guys won and stuff like that doesn't bother you. That's fine, we jet fans aren't like that. We have a problem with cheating and dishonesty. Violence and aggression is cool for new yorkers but cheating and dishonesty isn't cool.

This may help explain how Double B went from a horrendous HC with the Browns to the "greatest ever" with the Pats. Maybe I'm overreacting but he certainly wasn't being called a genious when he was leading the Browns. Then again, I can't remember anyone having success with the Browns. Still it doesn't surprise me that this crayon resignation letter writing piece of sh%$ would do whatever he can to win regardless of the moral implications. He's a weasel!

I agree with the end the most.

He was a genius when he was running defenses back in the 80's, but the way the Pats defense always looked like they knew what was coming is no longer some amazing thing.

Fry the weasel.

you do an awesome job of attacking the person rather than the argument. You're okay with the cheating because you guys won and stuff like that doesn't bother you. That's fine, we jet fans aren't like that. We have a problem with cheating and dishonesty. Violence and aggression is cool for new yorkers but cheating and dishonesty isn't cool.

I'm not attacking a person, I'm attacking an entire group. :)

Yes, Jets fans don't lie or cheat and gosh darn it, are never dishonest! Dude, I know better. Trust me.

Archived