some more Patsie hanky panky

afosomf

And you know this how?

The only people that find this all to be a travesty of epic proportions happen to be Jets fans or Mediots at ESPN.

:confused::confused::confused::confused:

How?

Former player on ESPN last night,,

and ablack Boston newspaper guy also stated they knew about IR players and he is one who told about radio to field to take them off field,, its comical at this point now

come on,, even u must realize the Pats dynasty is tarnished forever,, and I expect the players testimont to result i nBellys suspension,,

They had several ex players on ESPN last nite, and they all said that teams stash IR players, BUT they never say a IR player practicing,,

all said Belly wil lprobably get further punishemnet as result of players revelation.which backed up walshs claims..

And you know this how?

The only people that find this all to be a travesty of epic proportions happen to be Jets fans or Mediots at ESPN.

give it time Garb. You have to admit it seems as though BB thinks he is above the law. Lets see how it all plays out. IF TRUE, he needs to go down...Even Michael Smith knows it DID happen, and he is one of your locals

give it time Garb. You have to admit it seems as though BB thinks he is above the law. Lets see how it all plays out. IF TRUE, he needs to go down...

agree,,

this is worse than taping IMHO..

pats let IR guys practice,,giving these usually young players a years worth of experience in system before hitting fioeld a year later,,no other teams in NFL had this advantage ..

this practice also allowed more practice players to rest the starters so they were fresh on game day AND less chance of them being hurt in practice..

ITs f'n over for Belly

Thats BS and u know it...

Walsh said this weeks ago, ,BUT, it was only Walsh then,,the hated dork Pats fans said u couldnt trust,,

This is HUGE as we now have former player saying it happened AND that when NFL officials would show up for routine cpmpliance checks, the field was radioed and those players were whisked off field..

The Pats are a fraud,,

now we have IR players getting used in practice so they have reps that come in handy the following year and they keep vets fresh..

dont say other teams stash players on IR,,we KNOW they do, BUT they dont freakin play them in practice..

Thsi officially IMHO refutes any accomplishment the Pats have achieved as they NOEW have been using freakin practice as an unfair advantage and KNEW about it,,

Belly should be either suspended for ayear or not allowed to ecer coach in NFL again...

too late to take SBs away,, damage downe anyways, as I asssume all fans and now all Ptas fans have to agree this stuff has gone to far and Pats have been the biggest cheat sin NFL history....

You,,can,,always,,tell,,when,,SJ,,is,,excited,,about,,something. :lol:

give it time Garb. You have to admit it seems as though BB thinks he is above the law. Lets see how it all plays out. IF TRUE, he needs to go down...Even Michael Smith knows it DID happen, and he is one of your locals

Michael Smith is from New Orleans - wrote for the Globe for four years - then plucked to be an ESPN guy.

I just can't see how all of you can't see that at this point is has become a complete witch hunt. An IR'ed guy practices and this is the worst infraction of all time? I mean, if the tape was true - than yah, BB should be suspended....but it turned out to be a truly bogus story. That didn't work out for the haters - so now they are championing this as a reason to rid the world of Evil Bill? Please - the agenda is so frickin' obvious.

Let me ask you something. The Broncos won SB's by completely ignoring NFL rules and playing money games - looking like everything is cap-sturdy - and in reality pulling an Enron enabling them to keep all the key players for the SB victories. Is this not an egregious thing? Something even worse? Nary a word by the mediots and those that follow blindly.

Just my take. Call it bias. Maybe it is to an extent. But so aren't mopst of the contrary opinions here...you know?

Happy Memorial Day! Play lots of golf!

Michael Smith is from New Orleans - wrote for the Globe for four years - then plucked to be an ESPN guy.

I just can't see how all of you can't see that at this point is has become a complete witch hunt. An IR'ed guy practices and this is the worst infraction of all time? I mean, if the tape was true - than yah, BB should be suspended....but it turned out to be a truly bogus story. That didn't work out for the haters - so now they are championing this as a reason to rid the world of Evil Bill? Please - the agenda is so frickin' obvious.

Let me ask you something. The Broncos won SB's by completely ignoring NFL rules and playing money games - looking like everything is cap-sturdy - and in reality pulling an Enron enabling them to keep all the key players for the SB victories. Is this not an egregious thing? Something even worse? Nary a word by the mediots and those that follow blindly.

Just my take. Call it bias. Maybe it is to an extent. But so aren't mopst of the contrary opinions here...you know?

u really cant see how playing a IR guy doesnt help the team?????

then quit being a sports fan...

player gets to be seasoned in system for ayear practicing plays and recognizing schemes etc,,when NO OTHER teams IR players had same advantage,,huge advantage,,plus it allows other players to rest for upcoming week as NFL allows a set roster,,this was Pats had a bigger roster to pracice with than nay other NFL team

u r whistling past the graveyard ..

in all seriousness I really do feel bad for pats fans as this has to seriouslly be a sad day realizing the unfair advantage the team has been using over all other teams..

sort of like whan a college of hig hschool fan sees their team get nailed for using ineliglibe players all season,,sucks...

Pats fans cant throw all these people under bus,,players, employees, writers etc,,,at some poin they wil lrealize the masses are right and Belly is wrong

There is a big difference the way media outlets handled things 10 years ago and the way they do today.

ESPN was more into bringing you live sports then then they are now. Now they seem more like 60 minutes with all their in depth "investigative" reporting.

Is it a witchhunt ? Is the Barry Bonds case a witchhunt ? Roger Clemens ?

That is what the media is today. It isn't about glorifying the athlete. It is now more of "what can we do to generate ratings"

It is exactly what Costas was talking about on HBO with that whole "sport talk special" and the bloggers and all that.

10 years ago this whole spygate thing blows over in a week. Now, with more coverage and everyone voicing opinions and blogs it sits and it festers until someone comes up with more stuff.

Sooner or later BB is going down. Someone out there is going to find something and it is not going to be good for the Pats, BB and most importantly the NFL.

When the integrity of ANY sport is brought into question it becomes the WWE.

It is something the NBA is dealing with now, MLB has dealt with it now for nearly 10 years with steroids and sooner or later the NFL, no matter how much they try to sweep it under the carpet and no matter how former coaches and players say "Heck we all did it" is going to have to face up to the fact that what BB has done for the past 8 years jeopardizes the integrity of the game.

There is a big difference the way media outlets handled things 10 years ago and the way they do today.

ESPN was more into bringing you live sports then then they are now. Now they seem more like 60 minutes with all their in depth "investigative" reporting.

Is it a witchhunt ? Is the Barry Bonds case a witchhunt ? Roger Clemens ?

That is what the media is today. It isn't about glorifying the athlete. It is now more of "what can we do to generate ratings"

It is exactly what Costas was talking about on HBO with that whole "sport talk special" and the bloggers and all that.

10 years ago this whole spygate thing blows over in a week. Now, with more coverage and everyone voicing opinions and blogs it sits and it festers until someone comes up with more stuff.

Sooner or later BB is going down. Someone out there is going to find something and it is not going to be good for the Pats, BB and most importantly the NFL.

When the integrity of ANY sport is brought into question it becomes the WWE.

It is something the NBA is dealing with now, MLB has dealt with it now for nearly 10 years with steroids and sooner or later the NFL, no matter how much they try to sweep it under the carpet and no matter how former coaches and players say "Heck we all did it" is going to have to face up to the fact that what BB has done for the past 8 years jeopardizes the integrity of the game.

I agree

Think back. Years ago a home team player could do almost anything and not get arrested in the town he played in. Now it seems like these guys get arrested for all kinds of silly stuff. Seems like the cops look at it as a "notch"

Belichick has become one of the more hated men in sports due to his arrogance. A lot of media types are now looking to be the one who took him down.

The NFL covering up for this scumbag may come back to bite them.

Seems to me that media every where are exposing this low life cheater for what he is.

Maybe the NFL will wake up and toss this piece of trash, to show they will not tolerate cheaters in their game.

this could get Mumbles fired, if Krafty had any balls he would do so asap

The Broncos hadware is also tarnished with cum stains as phile aptly put.

this could get Mumbles fired, if Krafty had any balls he would do so asap

The Broncos hadware is also tarnished with cum stains as phile aptly put.

How so? He got a raise and extension after Spygate. Kraft will probably give him another bonus.

The issue here, and it seems a little lost on some Pats' fans, is that each team has a specified number of players that are allowed on a roster and that can practice. By practicing players that were on IR, they were essentially practicing with a larger roster than all of the other teams.

Who knows just how many more rules this scumbag has "misunderstood".

How so? He got a raise and extension after Spygate. Kraft will probably give him another bonus.

The issue here, and it seems a little lost on some Pats' fans, is that each team has a specified number of players that are allowed on a roster and that can practice. By practicing players that were on IR, they were essentially practicing with a larger roster than all of the other teams.

Who knows just how many more rules this scumbag has "misunderstood".

Give it a few weeks and something else will likely come out, it has been this way for a while now with the unearthing of the skeletons.

He writes for SI part-time and is ....um...vying for a full-time gig with ESPN? Yah think?

Seriously, do any of you truly beleive the Pats are the only team that have had IR'd players practice? If so, I have a 125 year old bridge (thanks, GG) I'd like to sell you.

An IR's guy practicing....surely this is the competetive edge that makes the team win so much.

Jets fans....bwaaahhhhhhhhhhhh

First I would like to say that if this were happening to the Jets I would be putting the same spin on it you are. Human nature. Kind of like the Mother who's son just shot 8 people in a drug deal gone bad. "He couldn't have done this, he was always kind to his goldfish"

Few things you are missing.

1) The NFL is suspending players for a preponderance of misbehavior. Not just one incident, but repeated violations of the conduct code. Complete disrespect for the authority of the Commissioners office. Even the Players Union is good with this.

The same thing apples to the FO's and CS's. If there is enough repeated disrespect for the rules of the game, and scoffing at the of Commissioners office, strong action will have to be taken, or it becomes the WWF. What's next? Lil Bill storming unto the field and body slamming a ref? The defensive lineman carrying brass knuckles? Belichick saying. "I miss understood the rule about hand protection?" The public is in the mood for a lynching.

2) The issue that is being swept under the rug by the NFL is, Why were these tapes being made? Teams change their signals from game to game.

There is only one answer to this, and nobody in the NFL wants to address it, because it is very bad for the revenue of the game.

The tapes were being brought in at half time, quickly reviewed by the CS, and a second half game plan being drawn up, with the team knowing what plays were coming, because they had the signals. It's the ONLY reason to do this. That would be major cheating, and have major impact on the out come of the game. That would severally effect the integrity of the game. Nobody in the NFL will admit this, and nobody wants it proven.

As yet nobody has stepped forward that worked for the Pats, including Mangini, because they would be cutting their own throats. Not everyone on the team would be aware of it. All the players would know is that the CS was sure making some good calls. Somewhere along the line someone is going to spill the beans. If it happens in ten years, it will be laughed off. If it happens in the next 6 months, the poop will hit the fan.

IR ISSUE BIGGER THAN SPYGATE?

Posted by Mike Florio on May 23, 2008, 11:53 a.m.

With the lidless red eye of the media now focusing on ten-day-old evidence of then-fresh cheating allegations regarding the Patriots, it would be easy to shrug at talk of possible rules violations relating to the use of players from the injured reserve list in practice.

But we

Did you see what I just did? I said Giants Stadium. Is that a bitter pill to swallow?

That's what it is named. Plus, they win super bowls.

Anyway, BB is a warrior and will sacrifice anything he has to, to win. All is fair in love and war. He probably does consider the NFL war. Whether he fights fair or not is already obvious. If a player needs rest why do they have to practice? I don't really understand what an IR guy has to do with it. The game is where you really learn and get better, practice is great too but I don't know. I'm not even a pats fan and I'll say some seem to be blowing this out of proportion. Either way we weren't good enough to beat them the last few years anyway.

But, as BB has already stated he'll do whatever for that edge, so obviously it helped, maybe even 1%. The fact is none of us really know and unless it's an opinion, it's all speculation.

I already know that drunken Jets fans are going to give me **** from the moment I arrive at Giants Stadium until the moment I leave. No worries.

Did you see what I just did? I said Giants Stadium. Is that a bitter pill to swallow?

Not nearly as bitter as 18-1. I can assure you that much.

That's what it is named. Plus, they win super bowls.

Anyway, BB is a warrior and will sacrifice anything he has to, to win. All is fair in love and war. He probably does consider the NFL war. Whether he fights fair or not is already obvious. If a player needs rest why do they have to practice? I don't really understand what an IR guy has to do with it. The game is where you really learn and get better, practice is great too but I don't know. I'm not even a pats fan and I'll say some seem to be blowing this out of proportion. Either way we weren't good enough to beat them the last few years anyway.

But, as BB has already stated he'll do whatever for that edge, so obviously it helped, maybe even 1%. The fact is none of us really know and unless it's an opinion, it's all speculation.

Are you kidding me???

So you find nothing wrong with beliscum hiding players on the IR instead of losing them to waivers.

Players who are not injured but practicing, learning the system on time they should not have, while providing rest to others that would have to practice other wise.

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING???

Woody Johnson is primarily responsible for this insane situation, that and the fact that "Lil Bill" is a sleeze.

If you remember, when Woody took over the team he fawned all over Parcells. Begged him to remain with the Jets. It was in the paper every day. In the mean time he was ignoring his HC of the NYJ, and trying to give Parcells the job that was promised to Belichick.

Once the Tuna excepted the job as FO big shot Belichick knew Parcells couldn't keep his hands off the operation of the team on the field, and he was going to be a puppet. Crushed his ego. As immature as he is he hated Johnson for it.

Kraft was tampering, and offered him complete control. The rest is history

I remember it a little differently.

I thought Parcells was maybe going to coach again after a strong finish in 1999. BB was offered the job from Kraft (tampering, as you mentioned), but it wasn't that bad at the time b/c BB wasn't the HC. When BB was going to take the job (which would have been allowed as it was a job promotion), Parcells cock-blocked him by resigning as HC. This kicked in a clause in BB's then-current contract that he becomes HC when Parcells retires/resigns. So now NE can't talk to him & BB loses his job of HC with total control (and for millions more than his Jets contract called for).

At the time BB quit, Hess still owned the Jets.

I do remember Woody wanting Parcells to coach the Jets again, but I'm pretty sure that was after BB had already quit.

Are you kidding me???

So you find nothing wrong with beliscum hiding players on the IR instead of losing them to waivers.

Players who are not injured but practicing, learning the system on time they should not have, while providing rest to others that would have to practice other wise.

WHAT ARE YOU SMOKING???

Yeah I think it's wrong and he broke the rules but 1 year suspension? Come on. I want to beat this team with him on the sidelines not some replacement coach. And i'm smoking good ****

Yeah I think it's wrong and he broke the rules but 1 year suspension? Come on. I want to beat this team with him on the sidelines not some replacement coach. And i'm smoking good ****
Well I did not mention a suspesion, but I think anything less kind of shows that the league will tolerate MULTIPLE cheating offenses and HABITUAL breaking of their rules.

Archived