9-7 Wild card possible this year?

tjmitch

There are people who correctly predicted the roller coaster the jets went on the past few years. Wasn't it maybe 6 months before last season where... Barton was it was saying the jets are only a 3 win team.

Barton says we're only a 3-5 win team every year. Welcome to JetNation.

There are people who correctly predicted the roller coaster the jets went on the past few years. Wasn't it maybe 6 months before last season where... Barton was it was saying the jets are only a 3 win team.

Nah, I wasnt that close. I was in the minority that predicted a losing season though.

This year I am feelin a good season. They'll be playing meaningful games in December, in the hunt but might come up short. A building season, as long as Clemens is the QB and not injured. If not, another toilet trip with the Chad.

Quite frankly, I'd like to say yes but my answer would mean absolutely nothing.

The AFC is pretty touch right now and with upcoming teams like the Browns and Bills, you never know how many games you got to win to make the playoffs.

Nah, I wasnt that close. I was in the minority that predicted a losing season though.

This year I am feelin a good season. They'll be playing meaningful games in December, in the hunt but might come up short. A building season, as long as Clemens is the QB and not injured. If not, another toilet trip with the Chad.

Chad Pennington's biggest fan predicting a losing season if Pennington starts, what a surprise.

How can someone possibly guess this now?

this is the PERFECT time to guess this now. its not like its preseason and the injury bug is going around in the NFL. Every team has all the players that they will be using this year. There's no huge trade rumors going around this year except for Chad Johnson which I really believe that he will not be playing for the Bengals this year so thats why I point that out. Outside of that, we pretty much know the make-up of every team right now. why wouldnt it be logical to make a logical guess now? when do you want to wait for....when do you think is the best time to state expectations of teams?

Well, My guess this year with Kellen as the QB position I think we can be anywhere from 10-6 to 12-4.

If Chad is the QB we could be anywhere from 7-9 or 10-6. This is if we dont have any major injuries to our core group of players. I also believe that we'll have a good chance of having another Rookie of the year this year....but this time it'll be offense in Dustin Keller. the numbers I am guessing are 800+Yds & 65-70 Catches. I do feel that Dwight Lowery and Vernon Gholston are candidates for Rookie of the Year Defensively as well...I just think given the TE situation that the Jets have Dustin (if Kellen is the QB) will have more opportunity to display his ability than Dwight only playing Nickle CB and Vernon having to learn a new position/system. I think Vernon will truely come into himself by next year. I just think that this year he needs to learn the system given that its so much information that he has to learn playing a 3-4 and learning how to play standing up @ LB as well. hopefully im wrong and the Jets could bring home R.O.T.Y. honors for both Off and Def.

Anyway. Like I said. With Kellen and the new group. We can split this years matches with NE, sweep both the bills and Miami and have a 12 win season, division championship and a possible bye week in the playoffs.

AND I DONT MIND IF YOU QUOTE ME ON IT. Im not talking out my azz, I just think that the ingredients that Mangenious has put together is a recipe that could turn this franchise around for the next 5-10 years.

we have Faneca for the next few years, and im not worried about his age. My thing is the older the offensive lineman....most times the better. they could go deep in their years...be a 37 year old work horse on that line. Anyway. I truely believe in Dwight Lowery, Vernon Gholston and Dustin Keller. I think those additions will put us in that 10 year bracket. Thats not even including Rhodes, Elam, Cotchery, Stuckey, Revis, Washington, Mangold, Nugent, D'Brick, Harris, and Miller on kick returns.

Seriously look at those names. If we could get Leon Washington the ball 20+ times a game the back field would be fine. I do believe however that when the Bengals put Chad on the Trading block that we need to be that team to get him....no matter how many picks this team wants. having a sure hands/Speedy WR like Chad to further extend the field. Leon coming out the backfield, Keller putting pressure in the middle. Cotchery in the slot, Coles being probably the best #2 in the league then...and 4 seconds for Kellen to throw the ball....this team will SURELY win 12 or more games if chad was here....damn, im dreaming of that day so bad. Anyway, Kellen at QB we could win max 12 games this year.

In the playoffs, I can see Kellen giving the Jets a great chance of winning a game. I dont believe in Pennington in any way shape or form in the playoffs....especially playing a proven team...he'll get away with beating a cinderella. But managing a game will not do it when you have only 1 sunday and not 17 weeks in a season.

My prediction is that we win anywhere between 7 and 10 games this season.

The infusion of new players at key positions, combined with a QB controversy, will have enough of an effect chemistry-wise to keep us from being an elite team IMO.

I keep my prediction from mid last season of a SB trip in 09.

this is the PERFECT time to guess this now.

BS. The only thing that makes it perfect now is.... if you are right, you can say how great you are, and if you're wrong, noone remembers. NOTHING ELSE.

I dismiss haters....for the record.

Then Quote me then. I know your hating ass will remember, so there's nothing to worry about.

dismissed.

Now if I only knew what a "hater" was... I don't speak teenagerspeak.

Now if I only knew what a "hater" was... I don't speak eenagerspeak.

I think it is a pessimistic person who lives only for the negative and exists solely to put people down. A soulless wretch of a human being who thrives on jealous and hatred and negativity.

But I could be wrong.

I think it is a pessimistic person who lives only for the negative and exists solely to put people down. A soulless wretch of a human being who thrives on jealous and hatred and negativity.

But I could be wrong.

You should know.. sounds like your bio to me.

You should know.. sounds like your bio to me.

That post cements it. You exist solely for negativity and to bring people down. I shall not be caught up in it. I will not debase myself or stoop down to your level. I am better than that.

That post cements it. You exist solely for negativity and to bring people down. I shall not be caught up in it. I will not debase myself or stoop down to your level. I am better than that.

Lmao....once again, you're on point. I like that I can dismiss a hater and yet live vicariously through you right now. :rl:

9-7 in most AFC divisions is good for 3rd place. The Jets will need to go at least 10-6 to have a shot at the playoffs with the AFC loaded how it is. Only in the NFC can you possibly go 7-9 and make the playoffs. And yes I meant to type 7-9, not 9-7.

What say you? Can the JETS go 9-7 and get a wild card spot this year? Perhaps even a 10 win season?

Hard to know what the season ahead will bring. Here's a few thoughts. The last time we had this weak a schedule, we went 10-6. That year, we had no running game, Chad brought little offense, guys like Cotchery, Revis and Harris were not there, Curtis Martin got hurt and we had no running game and the 4-3 pieces were not stopping the run. Look at the team, unit by unit, and tell me of a unit that is not stronger than the 2006 version. The big question is QB. The bar is quite low when comparing to 2006 but bad QB play wipes out everything else.

On the strength of an improved defense and a better running game, I think the 2008 Jets team is a much improved team. If we get reasonably good QB play, I think your prediction is reasonable. Remember, 7 games were close enough to go either way with the putrid 2007 version against a much harder schedule. Tightening up the run defense, improving the pass rush and fixing the running game with 2 good O/L men, a pro bowl FB and a quality roadgrading #2 TE should make a big difference. Now if we could get Firemen Ed back, watch out!!!!!

J-E-T-S!!! JETS!!!! JETS!!! JETS!!!

But I could be wrong.

Could be, but you're not. I think you've summed it up quite nicely.

Archived