THE NEW COMBINED STADIUM - THE LATEST NEWS

BaumerJet

Say "GOOD-BYE" to Aramark! Say hello to decent food & drink!

Monday, June 2, 2008 - 11:58 AM EDT

Sportservice up for NJ stadium contract

Business First of Buffalo - by James Fink Business First

When the new New York Giants and Jets stadium in New Jersey opens in two years, a portion of the venue could have some deep ties to the Buffalo Niagara region.

Delaware North Cos. Sportservices, an arm of Buffalo-based Delaware North Cos. Inc., is one of two finalists for the concessions operations at the new home of the National Football League's Giants and Jets. The stadium is being constructed on the Meadowlands complex in New Jersey, next to the current Giants Stadium.

According to a report in Street & Smith's Sports Business Journal, a sister publication of Business First, Sportservice and Levy Restaurants are the two finalists for the lucrative Giants Stadium deal.

The deal could be announced within the next few weeks.

Representatives from both Delaware North and the Giants declined to comment.

The $1.7 billion state-of-the-art stadium is expected to host everything from football games to concerts and soccer matches.

Aramark has the current concessions contract at the Giants Stadium.

One connection that may work in Delaware North's favor is that Mark Lamping, chief executive officer for the New Meadowlands Stadium Co. -- the parent organization overseeing the construction and operation of the venue, is the former St. Louis Cardinals president.

Delaware North has had a long and well-regarded history with the Cards, handling its retail and concessions at the former Busch Stadium and the new Busch Stadium.

Delaware North Sportservice handles retail operations at 14 different major league parks including the home of the Tampa Bay Lightning, Milwaukee Brewers, San Diego Padres and Boston Bruins.

In all, Sportservice has retail or concession agreements at more than 50 sports stadiums, convention centers and entertainment complexes.

Anyone for a $12 hot dog and $15 dollar beer?

And don`t forget they will expect you to round it off to $30 with the tip, after they have made you stand in line for 1 full quarter waiting for that 1 beer & 1 hotdog and probably were out of what you wanted in the 1st place...

who buys that stuff at those prices anyway? tailgate before and forget about it

I wonder how much longer tailgating will be around.

With the commissioners latest statement about drunken fan behavior not being tolerated, the logical place to go will be to abolish tailgating.

They sure aren't going to do away with the $8 stadium beer

I wonder how much longer tailgating will be around.

With the commissioners latest statement about drunken fan behavior not being tolerated, the logical place to go will be to abolish tailgating.

They sure aren't going to do away with the $8 stadium beer

The only benefit, as I saw it, to the Jets not getting their own stadium on the West Side was that by staying in the swamps tailgating would continue. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you but if they eliminate tailgating in such a land rich location as they are building in now then I think my days of going to games are numbered. Seriously, what else is there during such seasons as the last one than to eat good food and have a few beers with friends.

I suppose they can 'tax' us for using the lot to grill and drink but I thought they already did that by charging for parking?

Wait the article refers to the stadium as New Giants stadium. Is that what its going to be called again? SHOOT ME

Not exactly, but I see your point. It actually says, "When the new New York Giants and Jets stadium in New Jersey opens in two years, a portion of the venue could have some deep ties to the Buffalo Niagara region."

But then it goes on to say "are the two finalists for the lucrative Giants Stadium deal."

That second one is a tad bit annoying, but you have to figure the writer is a Giants fan. ;)

Hurry up and sell those naming rights otherwise they will be calling this place "the new Giants stadium" informally.

My company is doing the drywall!!!:yahoo: I hope I get to run it!!!

What company do you work for? I may have worked for them in the past.

That is cool. I wish I were on the new Jets stadium or the new Yankee stadium jobs. I would be a lot more excited to go to work everyday.

The only benefit, as I saw it, to the Jets not getting their own stadium on the West Side was that by staying in the swamps tailgating would continue. I'm not necessarily disagreeing with you but if they eliminate tailgating in such a land rich location as they are building in now then I think my days of going to games are numbered. Seriously, what else is there during such seasons as the last one than to eat good food and have a few beers with friends.

I suppose they can 'tax' us for using the lot to grill and drink but I thought they already did that by charging for parking?

you are correct sir - they aren't going to touch tailgating, except to make the for profit tailgating fan experience type areas better and more attractive than before.

Man.. people complain about the current crap, but don't want to pay a cent more or even HEAR about something impoving.

BZ

is it really a lot to ask to have a knish or pretzel actually be hot for the price we're paying?

I dont need pretzels stuffed with pizza sauce or the crab pretzel I saw at one of the stadiums I just visited... might have been the cardinals. 10 bucks for a crab flavored pretzel. No thanks.

But then again, I wont be going to games at the new stadium, so I dont give a hoot what they are going to do.

is this new stadium seriously "new giants stadium??????

i was sure i saw new meadowlands stadium

yes it is. there was a clause in the contract between the 2 teams that whichever team won the Super Bowl first would get naming rights. Giants decided not to sell the rights to a corporate sponsor and will name it after the team, like the Yankees.

once again us jets fans get screwed.

yes it is. there was a clause in the contract between the 2 teams that whichever team won the Super Bowl first would get naming rights. Giants decided not to sell the rights to a corporate sponsor and will name it after the team, like the Yankees.

:bag:

Not exactly, but I see your point. It actually says, "When the new New York Giants and Jets stadium in New Jersey opens in two years, a portion of the venue could have some deep ties to the Buffalo Niagara region."

But then it goes on to say "are the two finalists for the lucrative Giants Stadium deal."

That second one is a tad bit annoying, but you have to figure the writer is a Giants fan. ;)

Hurry up and sell those naming rights otherwise they will be calling this place "the new Giants stadium" informally.

Actually I would bet he's a BILLS fan.

Is this serious? From the start I NEVER expected it was going to be a 50/50 deal but this is totally ridiculous.

There is no clause. The report used the name "Giants Stadium" because of the Giants winning the superbowl this year. The naming rights are still ongoing with the winning bidder paying out over an estimated $750 - $850,000,000.00 for the 30-year rights. They expect to reveal the winning bidder just before opening day this year...

And that information was from last week's Wall Street Journal....

There is no clause. The report used the name "Giants Stadium" because of the Giants winning the superbowl this year. The naming rights are still ongoing with the winning bidder paying out over an estimated $750 - $850,000,000.00 for the 30-year rights. They expect to reveal the winning bidder just before opening day this year...

Will that be the day before or the day after they release the PSL $$$$ #`s to us Baummer?$850,000,000 for the naming rights to the stadium ,then they will name each entrance old gate A,B,C & DD ,You figure $5,000,000 for each entrance there thats $20,000,000 a year X 30 years is another $600,000,000 then you will have the scoreboard naming rights say 2,500,000 each for all 4 of those thats another $10,000,000 per year X30 years is another $300,000,000 over 30 years ,So thats $850 million + $900 million is pretty close to the 1.8 billion for the total cost of the stadium ,and hat doesn`t even enclude the 200 luxorey boxes,the 2000+ club seats, Concession $$$$ ,parking$$$$$, TV revenue,or a single regular seat sale,but still Woody & his gready greenies are not making enought profit they feel they need to steal more from the fans....

Will that be the day before or the day after they release the PSL $$$$ #`s to us Baummer?$850,000,000 for the naming rights to the stadium ,then they will name each entrance old gate A,B,C & DD ,You figure $5,000,000 for each entrance there thats $20,000,000 a year X 30 years is another $600,000,000 then you will have the scoreboard naming rights say 2,500,000 each for all 4 of those thats another $10,000,000 per year X30 years is another $300,000,000 over 30 years ,So thats $850 million + $900 million is pretty close to the 1.8 billion for the total cost of the stadium ,and hat doesn`t even enclude the 200 luxorey boxes,the 2000+ club seats, Concession $$$$ ,parking$$$$$, TV revenue,or a single regular seat sale,but still Woody & his gready greenies are not making enought profit they feel they need to steal more from the fans....

I think the information in your posts is good. I just wish you would use the return key every now and then.

why do you have to go and ruin my fun with facts?

:):):):):)

:rl:

got to watch out for those godless tax-raisers.

So called things such as "Global Warmings"

I'm deeply, deeply concerned about the global warmings. I wake up everyday and think about the warming of the globe and try to think of ways of how we can get it warmer.

"Lets talk about something that really matters... Like keeping steriods out of TBall"

"I think the polar ice caps suck. I mean, who cares about a place where a bunch of penguins can have an orgy"

"Nature needs to listen to us"

Archived