User Reputation

Maxman

• Replies 97
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I agree with Dom about the neg rep. Why have it if you're not allowed to utilize it. It's not much of a system if your not allowed to give neg rep to posters who you feel deserve neg rep.

The comments thing I can understand.

I don't think you are supposed to neg rep the posters. You are supposed to neg rep the posts. If somebody makes a stupid post, they deserve neg rep. Like say confusing the years of a Parker's stats, but you shouldn't just be neg repping somebody for making an innocuous comment just because you think they are a douchebag.

ASKED AND ANSWERED. :P

You can use it but in cases when 60,000 are left and they all say EAD I think that qualifies as excessive negativity. Even by JetNation standards!

:)

What the **** is wrong with negativity? What's next, are you going to ban Peter North? He doesn't seem like a very positive guy.

ASKED AND ANSWERED. :P

You can use it but in cases when 60,000 are left and they all say EAD I think that qualifies as excessive negativity. Even by JetNation standards!

:)

Since when did asking fellow Jet Nation posters to Eat a Dick become a bad thing?

This place as gone to the Hedros.

BZ

IJ, since when do you have beef with Kobe? Lol

Because IJ has moved on from Kobe Bryant and the pitiful Lakers. He now cares more about DJ Hackett, Chansi Stuckey, Dustin Keller and Brad Smith, his boys. They will one day form the best NFL 1-3 WR set and best starting Tight End to lead an organization to the Super Bowl.

As Miles Logan would say,

"Believe dat!"

BlueStreak.jpg

Because IJ has moved on from Kobe Bryant and the pitiful Lakers. He now cares more about DJ Hackett, Chansi Stuckey, Dustin Keller and Brad Smith, his boys. They will one day form the best NFL 1-3 WR set and best starting Tight End to lead an organization to the Super Bowl.

"Believe dat!"

BlueStreak.jpg

Dustin Keller is a beasttttttt!

Reputation, Schmeputation. What I want to know is, what's up with hosting a custom avatar all of a sudden? I never had a problem, but I've been getting an error the last few days that says 'invalid url' no matter how much below size requirements I make it. I had to use an avatar directly from JN as a temporary measure because hosting from elsewhere won't work now. Gonna drop kick the laptop any minute and drill it 60 yards. Sign me.

Oh, stick it where the sun don't shine! You like me and find me amusing - admit it, Harry! :happy0069:

I do find you amusing. it's funny that you just can't control yourself from commenting in a thread about something you don't like, and never liked from the beginning. how's that, Harriet? :happy0069:

Reputation, Schmeputation. What I want to know is, what's up with hosting a custom avatar all of a sudden? I never had a problem, but I've been getting an error the last few days that says 'invalid url' no matter how much below size requirements I make it. I had to use an avatar directly from JN as a temporary measure because hosting from elsewhere won't work now. Gonna drop kick the laptop any minute and drill it 60 yards. Sign me.

General help requests will be answered in the order they're received. thank you.

This thread is about rep, and once again another golden girl with her rep turned off has to come swooping in stomping her feet.

I do find you amusing. it's funny that you just can't control yourself from commenting in a thread about something you don't like, and never liked from the beginning. how's that, Harriet? :happy0069:

First of all, I do it because it annoys you.

Second of all, I do it because it amuses me.

I have disabled rep because it really is a popularity contest, of sorts, and I'm just not that into internet popularity....and yes, my rep points are positive ;)

BTW, for an all-Italian girl I am remarkably un-hairy. :P

Ah, what fun. I must say, as a reputation user, donor, and infrequent poster, I do not see this feature as means for a popularity contest as some would argue. I find it is an interesting way to see which of my posts strike a nerve or garner interest. In fact, I hardly know any of you personally anymore, yet my rep record shines like stars in the eyes of a school girl at a boy band concert. However, for Garb, I would imagine that most posters here would be far too juvenile to exercise ration when delegating reputation points or comments. She most certainly would be flooded with negative rep, even though she does a fine job of placing her own bias aside when posting; at least once in a while. ;) I do think that constructive criticism is productive and necessary, but I would agree with Max in that excessive negativity just to be an a$$-hole does nothing for the board.

Feel free to rep this post and EAD if you give me neg :)

:cheers:

Ah, what fun. I must say, as a reputation user, donor, and infrequent poster, I do not see this feature as means for a popularity contest as some would argue. I find it is an interesting way to see which of my posts strike a nerve or garner interest. In fact, I hardly know any of you personally anymore, yet my rep record shines like stars in the eyes of a school girl at a boy band concert. However, for Garb, I would imagine that most posters here would be far too juvenile to exercise ration when delegating reputation points or comments. She most certainly would be flooded with negative rep, even though she does a fine job of placing her own bias aside when posting; at least once in a while. ;) I do think that constructive criticism is productive and necessary, but I would agree with Max in that excessive negativity just to be an a$$-hole does nothing for the board.

I never knew how to check my rep before today, and it was funny to see that the only people who gave me negative rep I can't stand anyway, so it all works out :)

i'd be willing to be garb has a page of good rep. most of what she says gets all the jet faithful all pissy. sort of funny, especially in the offseason.

Not so funny when the pats* were 18 and 0.

My negative rep is a product of politically bent hatred and spite. This feature is nothing more than a middle school 'popularity contest'.

That's not true at all for me. I give rep for funny lines, well written posts, cool avatars, etc. I don't care who it is. Also, for whatever reason, I've never given out negative rep.

That's not true at all for me. I give rep for funny lines, well written posts, cool avatars, etc. I don't care who it is. Also, for whatever reason, I've never given out negative rep.

i do the exact same thing. I think rep is funny for quite a few reasons, like ryno said, lets you know what strikes a chord in people. I think its the exact same thing as posting in general.

As for neg rep. I give that out to people that only talk politics when it is clear you aren't supposed to speak politics on this particular website. If you like politics, find a political forum...they do exist.

Ryno always is around for another A&M losing season

What a shame that program is down the shizter...lol

For the record, we have not had a losing season in a while, but they certainly have not been acceptable. Alas, redemption is upon us! Actually, aside from football, the new AD has done a masterful job since his arrival. Now that he has a football coach that he chose (Mike Sherman), there will be no excuse for less than spectacular on the gridiron. But seriously, looking at the other sports, A&M is finally on the map for more than equestrian and archery. Here is a quick review: An elite Soccer program; Baseball - super regionals (lost to Rice for 2nd year in a row); Softball - College World Series Championship runner-up; Basketball - Just being in the tourney repeatedly is enough, but we have actually been competitive in men's and women's the last few years; Track & Field, Swimming, Golf, Tennis, and some lesser sports are all up there...

I digress, but I am still planning on having you down for a game one of these days Jon E.

Now, back on topic before I neg rep your a$$ ;)

"Believe dat!"

BlueStreak.jpg

More likely then Eric Parker and Keyshawn ever being involved in any best NFL WR cores. That's for damn sure.

Archived