best Wide Reciever in history of NFL (besides Jerry Rice)

Blackout

who's the best?  

1 member has voted

1. 1. who's the best?

• Don Hutson
    • Don Baynard
    • Cris Carter
    • Tim Brown
    • Andre REed
    • Marvin Harrison
    • Terrell Owens
    • Randy Moss
    • Michael Irvin
    • other

Jerry Rice would run away with this poll, so why bother?

who is the 2nd best wide reciever in NFL history??

Don Hutson

Don Maynard

Cris Carter

Tim Brown

Andre Reed

Marvin Harrison

Terrell Owens

Randy Moss

Michael Irvin

Toss up between Harrison and Moss. Don'y believe Harrison ever had Moss' speed and not his size but the defenses were stacked to stop him and he still led the league in receptions or was close to the top. Moss is a rare physical specimen with his size and speed but doesn't have Harrison's hands.

Good GOD, man. How can you not have Lance Alworth on this list??? You have a poll for runningbacks and don't include Gale Sayers and now a poll for wide receivers and don't include Alworth. Even my man, Maynard, was second fiddle to Alworth back in the old AFL. Some things are subjective. Not including Sayers and Alworth on all time lists are grounds for dismissal.

You are not allowed to do any more polls. :)

who on my RB list is NOT better than Gale Sayers? seriously here lets be in perspective, I only get 10 options

im doing a poll just to spite your ass

who on my RB list is NOT better than Gale Sayers? seriously here lets be in perspective, I only get 10 options

im doing a poll just to spite your ass

RBs on your list not better than Gale Sayers? Everyone except possibly Jim Brown.

I was just kidding, but you can do polls until the cows come home. If you are proud of your NFL history ignorance, flaunt it, baby.

Guys like Swann and Monk have no buisness being in this discussion or being in the Hall of Fame. Both made it b/c they were good guys who had a big media campaign behind them.

Obviously talent wise players today are better which is why we compare players to the players of their era which is why Don Hutson is right there for best of all time.

Hutson played 11 seasons:

-8 time 1st team All-Pro

-Led NFL in recs 8 times(2nd twice and 6th once)

-led NFL in recs yds 7 times(2nd 3 times, 3rd once)

-Led NFL in Rec TDs 9 times(2nd twice)

That's even more impressive than Rice who played 16 years:

-10 time 1st team All-Pro(63% of career compared to73% for Hutson)

-Led NFL in Recs twice

-Led NFL in Rec yds 6 times

-Led NFL in Rec Tds 6 times

Obviously it was a different game and Rice had more competition BUT Hutson dominated his competition like no one else.

Guys like Swann and Monk have no buisness being in this discussion or being in the Hall of Fame. Both made it b/c they were good guys who had a big media campaign behind them.

Obviously talent wise players today are better which is why we compare players to the players of their era which is why Don Hutson is right there for best of all time.

Hutson played 11 seasons:

-8 time 1st team All-Pro

-Led NFL in recs 8 times(2nd twice and 6th once)

-led NFL in recs yds 7 times(2nd 3 times, 3rd once)

-Led NFL in Rec TDs 9 times(2nd twice)

That's even more impressive than Rice who played 16 years:

-10 time 1st team All-Pro(63% of career compared to73% for Hutson)

-Led NFL in Recs twice

-Led NFL in Rec yds 6 times

-Led NFL in Rec Tds 6 times

Obviously it was a different game and Rice had more competition BUT Hutson dominated his competition like no one else.

i think its funny to argue against Rice

but that was a decent try.

RBs on your list not better than Gale Sayers? Everyone except possibly Jim Brown.

I was just kidding, but you can do polls until the cows come home. If you are proud of your NFL history ignorance, flaunt it, baby.

LOL

so Gale was better than Dickerson? Emmit? LT? Walter Payton? BARRY SANDERS? Do you remember Marshall Faulk?

In compiling career stats? No. Ability? Yes. I saw them all. Did you see Sayers?

Ya'll gonna say a guy who's not in the top 100 all time in rushing yards is the best?

dude couldnt last 5 full years.

i'm not a dinosaur but I've got me a large "NFL Films" collection...seen all the greats

Archived