Plax: Pats can sit on it

SayNoToDMC

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/giants/2008/07/plax-pats-can-sit-on-it.html

July 19, 2008

Plax: Pats can sit on it

While you’re understandably venting your anger on the thread below about the Giants’ regrettable decision to charge their loyal customers prohibitively expensive Personal Seat Licenses, I thought I’d give you a little something to smile about.

A week or so ago, while on his book publicity tour, Plaxico Burress stopped by the Sirius NFL radio studios in Manhattan. While there, he noticed that inside the control room was a New England Patriots dynasty recliner — a very comfy chair with the Pats logo on it and inscriptions noting their three Super Bowl championships.

So what did Burress do? As you can see from these pictures, he signed the chair, right over the Pats logo. He wrote “Plaxico Burress, #17, XLII CHAMPS!”

I have to tell you, it’s still a pretty comfy chair. But I’d imagine you probably wouldn’t find it as comfortable as this.

BLUESCREEN.jpg

Not a Giants fan but had to laugh when I read this

This is exactly why I love Plaxico Burress and still wish to this day that we had ended up with him instead of Chad. The fortunes of the Jets and Steelers would've been very different.

This is exactly why I love Plaxico Burress and still wish to this day that we had ended up with him instead of Chad. The fortunes of the Jets and Steelers would've been very different.

Meh, or we could have just taken that kid from Michigan.

Meh, or we could have just taken that kid from Michigan.

We're talking about people who were worthy of being 1st round picks that year, not Quarterbacks who in college couldn't beat out Drew Henson. ;)

Honestly, why is this troll even still here?

He has never posted anything productive at all in his time here except **** about the Pats.

He gets owned all the time. why does that bother you? :rl:

No, Ratgina would squeal in a New York minute if they even tried.

Well "Ratgina" is no Nick 202 Pills Kazcur, thats for sure.

Hey tell Belichick that Radio Shack has a sale this week for the upcoming season. He should be all over that.

He gets owned all the time. why does that bother you? :rl:

It doesn'y 'bother' me as such. I just don't see any reason to keep around a troll who in absolutely no way contributes to the board. I've 'owned' him as much as anyone but I'd much rather he just wasn't here. He puts far too many threads off topic and that's not what I look for in the football forum. JMO.

I hear the Jets have a chair at SIRIUS too.

An antique wooden rocker.

Admit it, it's over. The Pats dynasty is DONE. Sure you can still make the playoffs for a few more years but that's it. There will be no more superbowls. Maybe the Colts, maybe the Chargers, but someone will stomp you out again this year and it won't have to be an NFC team this time because you won't make it that far.

Your pretty boy Brady is done. He will get knocked around all season. Teams know how to beat you now, they know the formula. You are going down again.

Admit it, it's over. The Pats dynasty is DONE. Sure you can still make the playoffs for a few more years but that's it. There will be no more superbowls. Maybe the Colts, maybe the Chargers, but someone will stomp you out again this year and it won't have to be an NFC team this time because you won't make it that far.

Your pretty boy Brady is done. He will get knocked around all season. Teams know how to beat you now, they know the formula. You are going down again.

Are you serious? 5 AFC Championship Games & 4 Super Bowl appearances since 2001 is a hell of a lot better than anything the Jets have ever done.

Ah, the famous twenty six world championships arguement.

Not even close. Where did I mention I mention Super Bowl wins? If I wanted to be a smart arse I would say the Celtics have won the title 17 times.

:rl: Excellent.

Plus, the Celtics "17 titles" only one of them have been won since the 80's.

The Celtics won titles in '81, '84 & '86. When was the last Knicks title? :P

This isn't about the Celtics.

#27 tried to call me out by using the pathetic "26 championships" that all Yankees fans have been using for the last 8 years.

The Celtics won titles in '81, '84 & '86. When was the last Knicks title? :P

This isn't about the Celtics.

#27 tried to call me out by using the pathetic "26 championships" that all Yankees fans have been using for the last 8 years.

I'm sure you were spinning that bull**** what have you done for me lately **** by 2002 or 2003 with Yankee fans, but you can still point to the Pats "AFC Championship games"? Sounds like the same "pathetic" **** to me. Pats haven't won in a few years now. I'm sure your happy and proud with what the Pats have been doing lately. Just like most Yankee fans are happy and proud of what they have done since 2000.

Besides, I was only teasing. Lighten up, Troll (see sig).

Archived