BRETT FAVRE A New York Jet

I was awaken at 12:30 am last night with the news that the Jets had acquired Brett Farve. I immediately turned on ESPN to hear more about it and then my brother called. I don't know how I feel about it as there are positives and negatives.

Positives:

- Favre is the all-time NFL passing leader and his coming off one of his best seasons of his career.

- We didn't give up much to get him, just a 4th rounder pick that will be a 3rd round pick if he takes 50% of the snapes this year. If he gets 70% of the snapes and we make the playoffs, it's only a 2nd round pick. And if he gets 80% of the snaps and we make the Super Bowl, it's a 1st rounder but hell, I'll take that deal.

- With all the money spent this off season, this makes us officially a "win-now" team.

- It's definitely an upgrade over Pennington's weak arm and Clemens inexperience.

- Favre's a proven winner, something we haven't had at QB since the Namath days.

- It takes some press away from the Giants who are Super Bowl Champions (which still hurts)

- He's a leader and throw for 28 TDs last year and won 13 of 16 games.

- He makes us a legitimate contender.

- The Jets get a star, a presence, and credibility at the QB position.

- The "Spygate" issues won't affect Favre.

- Favre plays best when the temperature dips below 34 degrees so let's hope winter comes early this year.

- Favre becomes the best QB in Jets history since Pat Ryan and Glenn Foley to wear the #4.

Negatives:

- Favre is 38 years old and will be 39 during the season. That's pretty old if you ask me.

- Favre worked out a ton in the off-season last year. I don't believe he did anything this off season so he could be out of shape.

- This makes Jets management look desperate that their jobs are in jeopardy.

- Favre is not a big-city guy so hopefully he can deal with New York.

- Favre retired once and is not on either of the teams he really wanted to play for - Green Bay or Minnesota. So, will his head be in the game?

- Favre has been playing in a system for many years and now has to learn a new system with the pre-season already kicking off tonight.

- Will this be just a one year decision for Farve and have the whole will he or won't he scenario going on all next year?

- How does this affect the development of Kellen Clemens?

- Was this done to really improve the team or to save Mangini's and Tannenbaum's jobs?

- Was this also done to east the brunt of the Jets officially announcing their PSL plan later this month?

- Will a 39 year old Farve and the Jets be able to beat Tom Brady and the Patriots?

- Is 1 month possible for Farve to get into shape, learn the playbook, and form some chemestry with his offensive line and his receivers?

- Favre still throws a ton of big interceptions and the wind does swirl in the Meadowlands.

- Favre is older than Mangini and Schottenheimer so hopefully he can listen to the youngsters when they design plays for him.

- Favre did look horrible in the NFC Championship game vs. the Giants last year. Will he be just as bad vs the Patriots in a big game?

- He's an old man...he could run out of gas in the 2nd half of the season.

- Isn't it smarter to develop a young QB to lead the team for 10 years as oppossed to renting an old one?

- The Jets don't have any commitment from Favre beyond 2008's season.

- It's been a long time since a Fevre season didn't end without a big interception.

- If he couldn't win the big game the last many years in Green Bay, what makes us think he can win that big game in New York?

- Favre is only 3-2 all-time at Giants stadium with 8 touchdowns.

- Favre is only 1-1 all-time vs. Tom Brady.

- Jets play Seattle (and Mike Holgrem) this year in Week #16 and he knows Favre's game very well.

- Is Favre on the Jets 17 years too late as we just missed him and got stuck with Brownagle back in 92'

- The Jets scoreboard will probably now have "There's Something About Mary" clips.

There are definitely more negatives here than positives. But, it's been over 40 years since the Jets won a Super Bowl. So, the Favre trade may not be the best move in the world but I do like that we are taking a risk. Maybe the risk will pay off and maybe it wont. But, if you just think about our QB position for this year only, Favre gives us a better chance to win than does Pennington and Favre. And if it pays off, the Jets are geniuses and I'll be happy as **** celebrating the first Super Bowl of my life. It should only happen !

I was awaken at 12:30 am last night with the news that the Jets had acquired Brett Farve. I immediately turned on ESPN to hear more about it and then my brother called. I don't know how I feel about it as there are positives and negatives.

Positives:

- Favre is the all-time NFL passing leader and his coming off one of his best seasons of his career.

- We didn't give up much to get him, just a 4th rounder pick that will be a 3rd round pick if he takes 50% of the snapes this year. If he gets 70% of the snapes and we make the playoffs, it's only a 2nd round pick. And if he gets 80% of the snaps and we make the Super Bowl, it's a 1st rounder but hell, I'll take that deal.

- With all the money spent this off season, this makes us officially a "win-now" team.

- It's definitely an upgrade over Pennington's weak arm and Clemens inexperience.

- Favre's a proven winner, something we haven't had at QB since the Namath days.

- It takes some press away from the Giants who are Super Bowl Champions (which still hurts)

- Favre plays best when the temperature dips below 34 degrees so let's hope winter comes early this year.

- Favre becomes the best QB in Jets history since Pat Ryan and Glenn Foley to wear the #4.

Negatives:

- Favre is 38 years old and will be 39 during the season. That's pretty old if you ask me.

- Favre worked out a ton in the off-season last year. I don't believe he did anything this off season so he could be out of shape.

- Favre retired once and is not on either of the teams he really wanted to play for - Green Bay or Minnesota. So, will his head be in the game?

- Favre has been playing in a system for many years and now has to learn a new system with the pre-season already kicking off tonight.

- Will this be just a one year decision for Farve and have the whole will he or won't he scenario going on all next year?

- Was this done to really improve the team or to save Mangini's and Tannenbaum's jobs?

- Was this also done to east the brunt of the Jets officially announcing their PSL plan later this month?

- Will a 39 year old Farve and the Jets be able to beat Tom Brady and the Patriots?

- Is 1 month possible for Farve to get into shape, learn the playbook, and form some chemestry with his offensive line and his receivers?

- Favre still throws a ton of big interceptions and the wind does swirl in the Meadowlands.

- Favre is older than Mangini and Schottenheimer so hopefully he can listen to the youngsters when they design plays for him.

- Favre did look horrible in the NFC Championship game vs. the Giants last year. Will he be just as bad vs the Patriots in a big game?

- Isn't it smarter to develop a young QB to lead the team for 10 years as oppossed to renting an old one?

- It's been a long time since a Fevre season didn't end without a big interception.

- If he couldn't win the big game the last many years in Green Bay, what makes us think he can win that big game in New York?

- Jets play Seattle (and Mike Holgrem) this year in Week #16 and he knows Favre's game very well.

- Is Favre on the Jets 17 years too late as we just missed him and got stuck with Brownagle back in 92'

- The Jets scoreboard will probably now have "There's Something About Mary" clips.

There are definitely more negatives here than positives. But, it's been over 40 years since the Jets won a Super Bowl. So, the Favre trade may not be the best move in the world but I do like that we are taking a risk. Maybe the risk will pay off and maybe it wont. But, if you just think about our QB position for this year only, Favre gives us a better chance to win than does Pennington and Favre. And if it pays off, the Jets are geniuses and I'll be happy as **** celebrating the first Super Bowl of my life. It should only happen !

POTW NOM, although I do not think the risk will pay off. We're not winning a SB with Favre IMO.

Positives:

Negatives:

nice post

yay... we got an old QB who needs to be developed... those of you delusional enough to believe this instantly puts us in a SB need to reconnect with reality... ehh... enjoy yourselves tonight... i really hope i'm not the one saying "i told you so" at the end of the season because i won't pull a single punch.

a conditional 4 for brett favre?? how can the jets not make this trade??

Well, I'm a sucker.

Although I didn't buy a jersey yet I did buy a Tshirt (Name & number tee--- like the Yankees and Mets ones you see all over for $16.99, but regular price was $24.99) at my place of employment (Modell's) because I can get them at a discount price. Looks nice and I might purchase another one at the JetsShop. I'm going to hold out on buying a jersey for as long as possible but once we get them at work either tonight or tomorrow, I can't be held accountable for my actions. :)

Wassup man? Goin' pretty good here. Gettin' pumped up for my Steeler game here in a few! Hopin' Ben and co. stay healthy!

Watched some of your game last night. Wow that Clowney guy looked good!

i got Mendenhall on my fantasy bench behind LT, MJD, Fred Taylor and Chestor Taylor

should i count on mendenhall for points?