Bad Teammate

Favorite_Toon

Laveranues Coles won't talk about Favre

Coles and Pennington were really good friends and Coles was a huge Chad supporter. He has declined to speak to the media ever since the Favre trade and clearly something is bothering him.

Sources are saying that he is clearly upset about the Pennington release.

Today at practice, Favre threw a deep incompletion to Coles and a fan screamed "Laveranues, he can throw it farther than Chad". Coles looked at the fan and said "***** you".

I hope Laveranues won't disrupt team chemistry. Favre said its the most important thing to a team and if Coles and Favre arent on the same page, that is not a good start to things. That being said, I think it will be okay. Coles got his wish by getting his contract restructered to guaranteed money and Favre is an upgrade over Chad, but this is something to keep an eye on if you are a Jets fan.

Whys that? coles is going to ruin the team chemistery..

I doubt it. His teammates love him, and understand he's a moody bastard all at the same time. He moans on the sidelines, then plays on the field. It's a non-issue, IMHO.

Not to a number of others though, I admit, who discussed it at length in this thread: http://www.jetnation.com/forums/showthread.php?t=59104

I've heard that Coles has been seen chatting with Favre and there is no indication I am aware of that Coles holds anything against Brett. I am sure Coles is mad at Mr. T and possibly Mangini. Coles is always mad at Mangini for something or other. If that is the case, there will be no chemistry problem on the team.

From the "today's news" thread:

"I spoke to Laveranues right after we made the decision that we made," Mangini said. "We have good, honest conversations. Laveranues and Chad were good friends. Each situation takes different people different amounts of time to work through. It's not a function of any sort of feeling toward Brett. He's been great in meetings and practices. There has been no real change with any of that stuff."

Non-issue.

Whys that? coles is going to ruin the team chemistery..

I thought it was a good post. I have been hearing Coles is being a little whiner again, surprise surprise. I think he'll forget his troubles once he starts scoring touchdowns and the team starts becoming about him again.

he's a prick.

I thought it was a good post. I have been hearing Coles is being a little whiner again, surprise surprise. I think he'll forget his troubles once he starts scoring touchdowns and the team starts becoming about him again.

he's a prick.

You may not like his whining, but he hasn't said anything against the team. In fact we all know the reason he isn't talking to the press is because he doesn't want to say anything bad about the FO, Favre or Pennington. Doesn't sound like he's doing anything to upset team chemistry. Unless you think having friends and sticking up for them is bad for team chemistry.

You may not like his whining, but he hasn't said anything against the team. In fact we all know the reason he isn't talking to the press is because he doesn't want to say anything bad about the FO, Favre or Pennington. Doesn't sound like he's doing anything to upset team chemistry. Unless you think having friends and sticking up for them is bad for team chemistry.

You are right. The only ones that are really upset by this is the media. Coles was always a quote machine for them.

Coles is like a little kid. He can't talk to the media because he doesn't know what he'll say if chad or brett are brought up. Give me a break, all he has to do is say "i'm happy brett's here and sorry chad left"...he doesn't have to play mime for the media.

Coles is like a little kid. He can't talk to the media because he doesn't know what he'll say if chad or brett are brought up. Give me a break, all he has to do is say "i'm happy brett's here and sorry chad left"...he doesn't have to play mime for the media.

I can agree with this. OTOH, whether he acts like a spoiled child or a jilted girlfriend does not have any bearing on him disrupting the team or being a bad teammate. If you were on the team would you give a ****? With a roster that big there are probably at least 15-20 guys any given player will think are babies, morons, lunatics or just hateful. Doesn't alter team chemistry as long as they show up and bust their ass. I have never heard of Coles going half speed in practice, blowing off a meeting or showing up a teammate - even Brett Favre.

This whole thing is a media driven. Favre mania is dying down and they are looking for any angle to keep it going.

Worry about that in the offseason.

Agreed.

I want to say f#ck you to Jets fans on a daily basis too.

**** you.

Archived