Release Mike Nugent

Ghost

Did you miss last season? If it wasn't for the kicker you hate so much the Jets may have gone 2-14.

Steelers at Jets: Nugent was 4-4 and kicked a 38 yard FG in OT.

Chiefs at Jets: Nugent was 2-2 and kicked a 43* yard FG in OT.

*Nugent hit a 38 yard FG the play before but it was called back because of a holding penalty.

Did you also forget about the 30 yard FG he kicked against the Dolphins in 2006 with 10 seconds left that basically sewed up a playoff berth?

Nugent has won 3 games for the Jets in the last 2 seasons. I can't believe you are flipping out so bad over a missed FG in preseason.

Even pats fans making Ghost look like an idiot. Of course, he does that to himself better than any pats fan could.

You know nothing when it comes to football, seriously. You should just kill yourself, your nothing in this world.

Lol. Cry some more about a preseason game. All it means is that he lost focus during a meaningless game. Who cares. Get back to me when he shanks a <30 yard kick when it actually matters. Until then, like I said, keep crying.

At least I know the difference between you're and your. :D

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply
Even pats fans making Ghost look like an idiot. Of course, he does that to himself better than any pats fan could.

I hope Ghost calms down about this. If Nugent misses a FG this weekend I may have to call the New Jersey State Police and let them know that some crazy poster on JN may have it in for the Jets kicker :lol:

If Nugent didn't make that kick in the monsoon against Miami in 2006 the Jets wouldn't have made the playoffs.

Of course he should have made the kick on Saturday. He missed. It happens.

It's amazing what happens when you think rationally. If we go preseason David Clowney is one of the best receivers in the NFL.

As Gainzo has said, since December 2006 Mike Nugent has been a crucial part in winning three games for the Jets. He also sent the game into OT against Washington in 2007 with a last second Field Goal but the defense could not hold up in OT.

He has yet to miss an important kick with the game on the line since missing one in November of 2005, his rookie year, in a 4-12 campaign against New Orleans.

Has he been great? No. Has he been good? Yes. And he has improved each year in his overall performance. It has been well documated that Nugent struggles early. The haters blame him for being a 2nd round pick and nothing pisses me off more than that. Blame the Jets. But he isn't terrible and the organization could do a lot worse. He's a Top 10-15 kicker with the potential to be much better.

If Nugent didn't make that kick in the monsoon against Miami in 2006 the Jets wouldn't have made the playoffs.

Of course he should have made the kick on Saturday. He missed. It happens.

There were no missed kicks in that game by either team. If you want to show that Mare missed 3 FG attempts himself but Nugent was still perfect, then it would be a better argument.

Nugent does hit some but he also chokes on some. You can't only point to the good ones as though the bad ones don't exist. Testaverde "won" some games for the Jets in 2001 including comebacks we haven't seen an inkling of here ever since. But he still had a crappy season as a whole, leading the NFL in picks.

Nugent should make every FG that close no matter what the game situation. Barring a bad snap/hold, he should be 100% from there. Not 90% or 95%. 100%. He has one job: kick a stationary ball as hard as he can.

However, this thread is absurd. I'll give you that. If he shanks another one or two like that, even in pre-season, then the argument has some teeth. Until then, Mike Nugent is the Jets kicker.

• 3 weeks later...

Archived