Release Mike Nugent

Ghost

• Replies 188
  • Created
  • Last Reply

every kicker has one absolutely awful missed FG a season, lets be glad nugent got his outta the way now. Im still in shock that a guy who we drafted so high could ever possibly miss what was basically an extra point, at the same time i know he's better than that, he was pretty damn solid last year. lets vent for the next day or so on it and then come back to earth.

Your hurting your own cause...

HE CRUMBLED UNDER PRESEASON PRESSURE.... WTF? YOu think he will improve in REAL PRESSURE???

:rl:

uhh i have no cause, e-curb. i like to see mistakes now, cuz they are meaningless, if he wants to get better he learns from it. relax stop panicking and stop the hate man.

smoke some herb and mellow out dude

Your hurting your own cause...

HE CRUMBLED UNDER PRESEASON PRESSURE.... WTF? YOu think he will improve in REAL PRESSURE???

:rl:

There was no pressure, he simply shanked it. As some of the rational posters have stated its only preseason.

If your dream comes true and the Jets cut Nugent (not happening) who would be your choice as a replacement?

There was no pressure, he simply shanked it. As some of the rational posters have stated its only preseason.

If your dream comes true and the Jets cut Nugent (not happening) who would be your choice as a replacement?

Not sure.... but I would at least like to try and replace him... if they cant... oh well maybe next year...

I hope he fixes this **** though... he is really good or really bad.... no middle ground...

Gainzo is right, anyone remember the '01 preseason for the pats, it was Vinateiri and Owen pachman (who?)

well pachman was out kicking Adam, the pats kept AV. and where is Owen Pachman (who?) now?

Oh and by the way... how many 20 YD kicks do kickers "shank" in practice through the Arena posts? NONE.... becuase there is less pressure...

There is always pressure in the NFL especially with a team trying to WIN NOW... Nuge ****ed up becuase of the pressure... he does nto miss that kick in his backyard... he missed it with 5 seconds left in the 4th.

Thank you gainz. People here really seem to lose all rationality. Knee-jerk reactions are more important than actually thinking.

Who will give a sh!t about this by tomorrow? Answer:nobody.

Seriously? I'm guessing he missed because he didn't give a crap what was happening.

HAHAHAHAHAHA at anything that happens in the 2nd half of a preseason game.

Right...

Ratliff who?

Clowney who?

You cant have it both ways... its to evaluate good and bad.

Right...

Ratliff who?

Clowney who?

You cant have it both ways... its to evaluate good and bad.

So you seriously think Nuge should be cut cuz he shanked some kick in a preseason game? Thank god your not Mangini.

But I guess now that you can't obsess over Chad anymore you need something to focus on.

Ecurbs new tagline: Cut Nuge, he missed a kick nobody will remember in 2 hours! Gahhhh!

Oh and by the way... how many 20 YD kicks do kickers "shank" in practice through the Arena posts? NONE.... becuase there is less pressure...

There is always pressure in the NFL especially with a team trying to WIN NOW... Nuge ****ed up becuase of the pressure... he does nto miss that kick in his backyard... he missed it with 5 seconds left in the 4th.

A kicker can shank it anytime. Although rare for pros it does happen. You are such a numb nuts sometimes!

He's also among the leaders in kickoff distance. Amazing that there are so many clueless people who want him cut after missing 2 field goals in a pre-season game. Nevermind, it's not really that amazing at all. I'm glad Favre didn't throw a pick. Maybe people would want him cut too.

Archived