Just got Terrible News....

Smizzy

Not sure what to even say....

Just found out lastnight my Grandfather has colon cancer....and to top it off ,they found a tumor in my mothers mouth today when they pulled her wisdom tooth.

WTF man.....i just found about my gramp last night...now this?

Don't know anybody with cancer....what can i expect?

My very best wishes go out to you. I sat near my Mother's side when she died of breast cancer last year. Cancer treatments have come a long way, but a lot has to do with the type and stage of development it is in. Hopefully, they've caught these at an early enough stage to treat them successfully. Hang in there and try to stay positive...Don't try to put all the burden on your own back.

All the best to you...

Smizz,

I hope they caught early enough with both your mom and grandpa. My mom is currently going through chemo and she is at stage 4 ovarian cancer...the doc told me she has 4-5 years left to live even with the chemo due to its advancement. She's lost hair and she is battling. Its tough...I can't imagine my life without my mother.

Pray and spend as much time as possible with them.

LL

May god bless your family.

Just found out lastnight my Grandfather has colon cancer....and to top it off ,they found a tumor in my mom's mouth today when they pulled her wisdom tooth.

Smizz, if both were caught early, there is a very good chance that they can be treated pretty easily.

Good luck bro.

Hey there darling....Im so sorry to hear about your Mom and your grandfather. As for your mom, is there a confirmation of cancer?....it could be an infection from the wisdom tooth. A friend of mine had what we used to call a "gumball"..when she had hers pulled. It's part infection/fluid build up from the aggrivation associated with the wisdom tooth.

As for your grandfather, If they caught his colon cancer in an early stage, he could recover fully and be fine. There are chances of success and failure. I'll be honest with you about that. My mom had colon cancer. They caught it early and it was just a small amount of colon that was removed, the problem was I believe her doctors didnt do their job. Stay on the doctors, stay informed!!!.. I believe my mom's cancer had already spread and they said it hadn't and there was never any mention of chemo or radiation as a backup/finishing treatment. As a result, her system was compromised and more illness came. I just urge you and your family to stay informed, educate yourself on what he has and where they say he is in his Cancer. There may be times of weakness and tempermental anxiety...just pray and try to stay focused on recovery and wellness for them. You know I have a love for you Smizzy...if you want to talk or need to talk. Hit me up anytime. Will leave you my number in a PM...Love you red head.. :mrgreen:

Hopefully perhaps your grandma's tumor will turn out benign. If your grandparents agree, you can go with them and join in the discussion with the oncologist. This will let you know first-hand what the prognosis and course of treatment will be. Also since they are up in age and pretty nervous about the visit, there will be some things they won't be able to remember to tell you. My mom lost her breast and uterus to cancer. Both were removed and chemotherapy was strted. It was to be a once a week course for 8 weeks, but she had a slight reaction to one of the components(methotrexate) and the doses were stopped. We since had a scare with a blip on a PET scan, but a follow-up Cat scan showeed nothing on the lung. She has since stopped smoking and appears cancer-free and, aside from old-age maladies, in good health. I hope your Grandparents' outcome is lucky as well. I'm familiar with medical terminology so give a shout if you need anything clarified.

Smizzy sorry to hear this news -my prayers will be for both your mother and grandfather. I lost my father to mouth cancer and many family members. The thing I will say is to to do anything you can for both of them which I know you will. Anything I can do let me know and do not hesitate to ask.

We'll be thinking good thoughts for you here in North Carolina. My mom had thyroid cancer about 6 years ago and has it licked - she's been clean of cancer since they removed her thyroid. The doctors are diligent and check yearly. The key for her was early diagnosis AND going to a world class clinic (Sloan-Kettering) to be treated. Get your folks to the very best there is - they deserve the best care posible, even if they have to travel a little bit to get there. Medicine has come a long way - Doctors have a lot more at their disposal for treatment these days. There are more success stories now than ever. The most important thing is for you to stay as upbeat and positive as possible for your entire family's sake. It's a hard task, but one that is very important and helps everyone involved. I don't think we've ever spoken, but you have a virtual ear here any time you need one. My motto is what comes in PM stays in PM.

I wish you and yours all the best.

I'd just like to apologize for this thread. I didn't realize how selfish and inconsiderate it was of me to post this here. For anybody who has a loved or lost a loved one to Cancer...My most sincere apologizes. I shouldn't have posted this on a football message board.

I haven't been using my better judgment today.

again if I offended or upset anybody here...I really am sorry.

Just found out lastnight my Grandfather has colon cancer....and to top it off ,they found a tumor in my mothers mouth today when they pulled her wisdom tooth.

Hang in there, Smizzy. While the initial news of this is devastating, the advances medical science has made means there could be a good chance of your relatives beating this thing.

Strength and hope to you and your relatives in this battle.

Jim in Rochester

Smizz, that sucks man, best wishes to your mom and grandpa.

I lost my mother and my grandpa to cancer as well. My mother when I was 7 1/2 and my Grandpa when I was 14, not with either of those cancers but it sucks and it's a long process most of the time, best wishes though and I hope they both make a recovery. [-o<

smizzy, 1st of all I wish you all the best in this tough situation. good advice has been offered by many. Good idea to accompany the grandparents & really good idea to keep your chin up, stay strong & positive. easier said than done though.

My wife recently lost her dad to brain cancer & her mom to suicide shortly after.

life is not fair to lots of good people

Archived