I stopped watching after the first half, but is it true offense is not our problem?

Jetkid94

The whole second half our O was pretty solid. Just some BONEHEAD decisions by the Pizza Boy cost us the game and the fact that we have no chemistry whatsoever; They were playing prevent which we know doesnt work and our 5 WR sets no huddle were working. D couldntve stopped any team last night.

Yeah, down by 24, the offense went for it repeatedly on 4th down and managed to score a few points, also thanks to an onside recovery. Clearly this shows that offense is not a problem at all.

Also the three turnovers leading to 21 points? Clearly not the offense's fault. Turnovers are nobody's fault!

There are people that will never blame the offense for anything. Last week plenty of people were blaming the defense too for giving up 19 points. When we lost to Chicago 10-7 a few years ago, or whatever that score was, people were blaming the defense on that too. It is NEVER the offense's fault according to most Jets fans. If the opposing side scores any points, it's the defense's fault. We're supposed to hold every team to 0 points or else our defense sucks.

Our defense isn't great, but our offense is absolutely putrid. The solution is, as usual, going to be to draft even more defensive players high and often, while drafting or signing slow non-impact players on offense as much as possible. This franchise is run by JN posters.

I read the last of the gamethread, and it seemed defense lost this game and offense kept us in it. Does our offense actually look good, or am I reading things wrong?

No. Despite how many points we allowed, the OFFENSE lost this game.

Why? SD scored one on a pick 6 and had short fields due to turnovers on 2 others. Throw the onside kick in there where they had a short field, and bam, 28 points.

Our offense didn't do much until they went into the prevent.

Why? SD scored one on a pick 6 and had short fields due to turnovers on 2 others. Throw the onside kick in there where they had a short field, and bam, 28 points.

Thank you, you are like the only other sane person here. Perhaps you actually watch other football games, and know what an NFL offense is supposed to operate like, especially a good one. I don't know what it is, but for whatever reason, most of the people on this board are under the impression that if you get a score or two on offense, no matter how or when, you've got a good offense.

Thank you, you are like the only other sane person here. Perhaps you actually watch other football games, and know what an NFL offense is supposed to operate like, especially a good one. I don't know what it is, but for whatever reason, most of the people on this board are under the impression that if you get a score or two on offense, no matter how or when, you've got a good offense.

in a blow out, it's usually both

SD averaged 13.2 yards per reception, and went 9/13 on 3rd down

that's pretty bad defense

in a blow out, it's usually both

SD averaged 13.2 yards per reception, and went 9/13 on 3rd down

that's pretty bad defense

Defense certainly was not good, especially out of the locker room in the 2nd half.

However, the offense put them in a terrible spot. Should they make stops and hold them to FGs on those turnovers? Sure... but if we just friggen punt instead of turning it over 3 1/2 times (on side kick = 1/2 turnover) well.. maybe they don't score as much?

Defense certainly was not good, especially out of the locker room in the 2nd half.

However, the offense put them in a terrible spot. Should they make stops and hold them to FGs on those turnovers? Sure... but if we just friggen punt instead of turning it over 3 1/2 times (on side kick = 1/2 turnover) well.. maybe they don't score as much?

hey, I'm not letting the O off the hook, 4 turnovers gives you 2% chance to win, it's just ugly games always have plenty of blame to go around

For once we can agree on something. Good post.

Absolutely - the defense had Rivers scrambling for his life the entire game. The few connections Rivers was able to complete were just out of the grasp of our glue-like secondary so the picks just killed us. SD would have lost the ball on downs every time if not for the favorable field position coughed up by our offense and ST mistakes.

To call the defense animals and the schemes sheer genius would just begin to tell the story.:sheepf:

Not to mention 1-8 on 3rd down. The Jets stunk on both sides of the ball, but the offense was the leading offender

True, but is it unreasonabvle to hope that D might pick you up and force a 3 and out once, just one effin time??? The D was shredded, whther it be a short field or the entire length of the field. Nice job on giving the team a bpost coming out in the second half when the game was still manageable. That was pathetic and the defense is indefensible, just like last night.

True, but is it unreasonabvle to hope that D might pick you up and force a 3 and out once, just one effin time??? The D was shredded, whther it be a short field or the entire length of the field. Nice job on giving the team a bpost coming out in the second half when the game was still manageable. That was pathetic and the defense is indefensible, just like last night.

Well yeah you wish the defense had played better, but they lost Jenkins and this is freaking San Diego. Nobody has stopped them all year. Rivers is the leading QB in the NFL, that's right, even better than Cutler is right now. I doubt Rivers will keep it up, whereas I do think Cutler is just going to beast over everyone all season long, but Rivers has been playing really, really well.

This game is a shootout game. You saw how Dallas violated the Philly D and then they came back and absolutely shut down the Steelers? Or how the Broncos violated the Chargers D but they came back and really shut us down. I don't know if the latter is as good an example, but I digress.

The defense won us the Fins game, and should have won us the Pats game. This game the offense was really supposed to win, but they couldn't even keep us in it, in fact, they actively conspired against us.

The 2nd half was pure garbage time. The only question was whether we could cover the spread, and even that seemed very unlikely. The game really ended when we couldn't punch it in for a TD and turned it over on downs back in the first half.

The defense had zero sacks last night and the Chargers were 9-13 on third down conversions.

Like I said, our playcalling on offense has stunk. Our defense stinks period.

Our defense let Chad march up and down the field in the Dolphins game too.

Our defense also had a pick 6 to start the game yesterday. Our defense last night was playing with terrible field position most of the time, nothing new there. Our defense got a game-winning INT against Chad too. The offense lost this game.

Kris Jenkins was a huge blow to our D line but I expect him to come back against the Cards and rejuvenate a pissed off Jets D. Hopefully that's not too much too hope for. I'll stay cautiously optimistic about our defensive play for the game against the Cards, I'm totally pissed off about certain playcalling on the offensive side of the spectrum. That is where we need to focus the grunt of our work.

The whole second half our O was pretty solid. Just some BONEHEAD decisions by the Pizza Boy cost us the game and the fact that we have no chemistry whatsoever; They were playing prevent which we know doesnt work and our 5 WR sets no huddle were working. D couldntve stopped any team last night.

our O will be fine, we all know that farve will be alright. our defense is the problem! we added players in key positions yet they alowed SD to b**ch slap on national TV. that's unacceptable! we will do nothing this season unless this defense grows some balls and comes out and punch somebody in the mouth

our O will be fine, we all know that farve will be alright. our defense is the problem! we added players in key positions yet they alowed SD to b**ch slap on national TV. that's unacceptable! we will do nothing this season unless this defense grows some balls and comes out and punch somebody in the mouth

How do we know favre will be alright?? I like to think so, but if it takes him till halfway through the season to get accustomed to our playbook and receivers than he's not going to be alright.

Our defense played well, but when our offense turns the ball over 3 times and gives us terrible field position they can only do so much. Yes it would have been nice for them to hold SD to field goals, but when you give an elite offense great field position they are going to take advantage of it.

We did players in key positions and they played well; jenkins is an absolute animal, but he just happened to get taken out of the game. Pace has been very solid and consistent, whereas last night was the first time i didn't see a lot of bryan thomas, hopefully thatll change next week.

What kind of a fan turns his team's game off at half time?

You do know you only get to watch your team 16 out of the 365 days in the year, right?

i had to get the **** up at 5:30 in the morning. I actually watched 5 min into the 3rd quarter and thats when i went to sleep so I would get up for school.

most of you guys watched the whole thing because you took off the next day or dont have to go to work until 10.

I wasnt giving up on the team. Im14 and have watched since I was 4. If i was a quitter I wouldve switched teams at 8 years old like most kids do, when they see a team failing. and having season tickets and paying the psls doesent make me a quitter.

i had to get the **** up at 5:30 in the morning. I actually watched 5 min into the 3rd quarter and thats when i went to sleep so I would get up for school.

most of you guys watched the whole thing because you took off the next day or dont have to go to work until 10.

I wasnt giving up on the team. Im14 and have watched since I was 4. If i was a quitter I wouldve switched teams at 8 years old like most kids do, when they see a team failing. and having season tickets and paying the psls doesent make me a quitter.

1. You're 14, you don't ****ing pay the PSLs.

2. You didn't get up at 5:30, you got the **** up?

3. Who gives a **** what time you were getting up at? I took an hour nap before the game so I could get up at 4 to do some work, you don't hear me complaining. I watched the entire game, I didn't just give up at halftime.

Seriously I don't see anyone can simply turn off their teams game at halftime, especially after the Monday Night Miracle in 2000. And as Aqua said, you only get to see your team play in 16-20 meaningful games a season. No excuses. You don't need more than six hours of sleep and thats what you would've gotten if you had watched the entire game. One night "only" six hours of sleep wouldn't have killed you to watch your team. I was at the entire Jets-Dolphins MNF Miracle in 2000 and I was 12 at the time, got up the next morning and went to school.

Man up. :)

First couple of drives the D looked Solid. No running up the middle with Jenkins there, moving the QB around the pocket and foricing him to make good decisions and plays to score. The double team on Jenkins affords us pressuer from the outside.

Jenkins goes down, they single block Poooo Poooo and we lose our edge rush and run stopper. The QB picks us apart and we look like we did last year.

Jenkins in the key for the D.

Your point?

I had to stay up until 4:30 in the morning to watch the game and I also had to get up early in the morning.

I would have gone to sleep too, especially if I was 14 and wasn't so stupid about the Jets. There was no way they were winning that game, and it was just embarassing on national TV. You can always get a torrent or DVR the game, but there's no way for you to catch up on sleep or get back important time you screwed up because you were too sleepy.

I would have gone to sleep too, especially if I was 14 and wasn't so stupid about the Jets. There was no way they were winning that game, and it was just embarassing on national TV. You can always get a torrent or DVR the game, but there's no way for you to catch up on sleep or get back important time you screwed up because you were too sleepy.

At 14, one can easily survive on 6 hours sleep. I used to average that with the amount of stuff I had to do, if I remember correctly...

The Monday night miracle is calling your name too, by the way. But you can easily catch up on sleep by taking a nap earlier or sleeping more the next day. As for important time, a 14 year old's 1 1/2 hour wouldn't be rather life changing. One can always make up for it by doing something while watching the Jets suck. I channeled my anger into a few papers I had to get working on.

Archived