Leon Washington...best kick returner in NFL?

BIGASS JETS FAN

well, i guess cotchery sucked too, because in his second year, he only had 19 receptions for the entire year. coles had 59, which ginn is on pace for. steve smith only had 54, and 3 tds through his first 2 seasons. santana moss only had 30 in his second season. reggie wayne only had 49. i guess they were all major busts, huh?

why do people make this argument? just because some of the best receivers in the league took a year or two to hit their stride does not mean every player who starts off slow will become an all-star. for every player you can name who started off slow for their first year or two and then went on to be great...i'll bet i can name at least 20 who started off slow and continued to suck throughout their time in the league.

If you take full time return guys off that list (25+ returns or so) and base it off highest average... This is really the best way to judge a KR... and its pretty accurate.... Hobbs is a scary return guy....

Leon Washington (29.6 YPR)

Ellis Hobbs

Allen Rossum

Josh Cribbs

Chris Carr

Jerious Norwood

Darious Sproles

Brian Witherspoon

Leodis McKelvin

Josh Wilson

Glenn Holt

Dantrell Savage

Quintin Demps

Rock Cartwright

Pierre Thomas

Johnnie Lee Higgins

Will Blackmon

Andre Davis

Brandon Middleton

Steve Breaston (21.8 YPR)

Then you have Ginn... who is beat by all of these full time return guys... and a million other guys who I didn't list because they have less than 25 or so returns...

Ted Ginn Jr. (21.6 YPR on 12 returns)

well, i guess cotchery sucked too, because in his second year, he only had 19 receptions for the entire year. coles had 59, which ginn is on pace for. steve smith only had 54, and 3 tds through his first 2 seasons. santana moss only had 30 in his second season. reggie wayne only had 49. i guess they were all major busts, huh?

HERM EDWARDS

That is all.

One fact remains.

Anyone calling a player a bust after he's played just 25 career games is a complete and utter bafoon.

You can say you think he'll eventually become a bust; fine. But to consider him a bust at this point in time is freaking ridiculous. ESPECIALLY at a position that takes a few years to learn in this league.

He has 34 catches this year so it's not like he's doing nothing. 60 catches as a sophomore is pretty good; especially in a run oriented offense that features a bevy of differnet receivers.

Not even to mention that he and Chad Pennington's game couldn't be further apart. Chad is a short, accurate, controled passer that lives over the middle while Ted is a guy that wants to stretch the field.

I also have a hard time believing he's a bust when I'm starting to see him make at least one play like this every game.

http://www.youtube.com/watch?v=OD7KDrHMi90

He is not a bust, he is a neverwas.... a mistake... he might wind up being a decent receiver... but certainly not worth his draft pick... which in most minds makes him a bust...

One fact remains.

Anyone calling a player a bust after he's played just 25 career games is a complete and utter bafoon.

You can say you think he'll eventually become a bust; fine. But to consider him a bust at this point in time is freaking ridiculous. ESPECIALLY at a position that takes a few years to learn in this league.

He has 34 catches this year so it's not like he's doing nothing. 60 catches as a sophomore is pretty good; especially in a run oriented offense that features a bevy of differnet receivers.

Not even to mention that he and Chad Pennington's game couldn't be further apart. Chad is a short, accurate, controled passer that lives over the middle while Ted is a guy that wants to stretch the field.

I also have a hard time believing he's a bust when I'm starting to see him make at least one play like this every game.

So answer 2 q's please.

If you were the Dolphins GM for that draft, would you have taken Ginn?

If Parcells was running the draft then, would he?

One fact remains.

Top 10 picks, especially for teams that have been struggling like Miami, are supposed to be huge impact players--not just some guy on the depth chart.

As for Ginn and Penny not playing the same type of game, well, I believe I warned you about that several times prior to the season began and you were the one insisting it wasn't true. Either way though. Ginn relies solely on his speed. He is a mediocre at best route runner, and rarely ever goes over the middle to make a tough catch. I watched him for 3 yrs at OSU and he was the same there as well.

With Revis and Quinn still on the board, and for a team that still has questions over its future QB and lacks a true identity on defense, Im gunna go out on a limb and call Ginn a bust.

Top 10 picks, especially for teams that have been struggling like Miami, are supposed to be huge impact players--not just some guy on the depth chart.

As for Ginn and Penny not playing the same type of game, well, I believe I warned you about that several times prior to the season began and you were the one insisting it wasn't true. Either way though. Ginn relies solely on his speed. He is a mediocre at best route runner, and rarely ever goes over the middle to make a tough catch. I watched him for 3 yrs at OSU and he was the same there as well.

With Revis and Quinn still on the board, and for a team that still has questions over its future QB and lacks a true identity on defense, Im gunna go out on a limb and call Ginn a bust.

So the guy who has started and produced is a bust, but Brady Quinn who couldn't unseat a nobody would have been a great pick?

What the **** do draft position or other picks have to do with the bust label? Either a guy can play in the league or he can't. If he can play he's not a bust.

why do people make this argument? just because some of the best receivers in the league took a year or two to hit their stride does not mean every player who starts off slow will become an all-star. for every player you can name who started off slow for their first year or two and then went on to be great...i'll bet i can name at least 20 who started off slow and continued to suck throughout their time in the league.

because dumbass, you can't say he is a bust or not at this point. he may turn out to be one, but because, AS YOU CAN SEE, OTHERS HAVE STARTED OUT SLOW AS WELL, you never know what will happen come year 3. so today is not the day to make that decision. hello?

none of them were a top 10 pick. moss was a first rounder , not sure about smith. when you talk about the number 10th pick THEN HE IS CONSIDERED A BUST (AT THIS POINT) LATER PICKS ARE ALOUD A FEW YEARS TO MATURE

no, that is not how it works. just because someone drafts you early you are all of a sudden going to be an impact player right away? no. many players have taken a few seasons to hit their stride. just look at 80% of decent players around the league.

and, you can't be a bust at this point. you are either a bust or not. there is no in between. by your definition eli manning was a bust as well, because ya know, he was a top 10 pick and didn't do **** for a few years.

i don't see why their is such love for devin hester this year. the guy is 30th in the league in kick off returns and doesn't have one over 51 yards this season. he is still a good returner, but how could anyone name him the tops in the league?

You really cannot be serious.

Archived