fanaca a pro bowl starter????

Obrien2Toon

I have lost all faith in the pro bowl selections after this. And have to question all of his other pro bowl selections. The guy is definetly not deserving of this. I always thought it was tough to judge who the top guards are. The tackle positions are a little more obvious. This selection is all based on his name.

So, I've seen him get beat off the ball too many times to count.

Cmon dude you either are a pissed off Steeler fan or this guy blew you off for an autograph. The offensive line play has drastically improved and Faneca was a big part of it. You want to point fingers look at the defensive side of the ball. And who really cares about the Pro Bowl anyway, it adds nothing to the teams record and is never watched

Are you a Jets fan? If so, why would you care if he is deserving..he made it and that's that.

People get too worked up over a glorified exhibition game.

You're absolutely correct, and I don't care about the game. It's the fact that they use it when they are going for contracts. Like Alan Faneca 7 time probowler or whatever. You don't think that helped him in getting that ridiculous contract.

You're absolutely correct, and I don't care about the game. It's the fact that they use it when they are going for contracts. Like Alan Faneca 7 time probowler or whatever. You don't think that helped him in getting that ridiculous contract.

Of course. Pro Bowl is certainly used for leverage.

Everyone goes nuts over who was "snubbed" or who shouldn't have got in.

I have a confession to make..I don't even watch the pro-bowl.

I agree he shouldn't be starting but he's been very good and helped this team in a BIG way. It's not a coincidence that our offensive line has improved in every area with the arrival of this guy. He's contributed IMO in more ways than one.

Also, you lose faith in the pro bowl sytem "after" this? Is this your first season watching the NFL or what?!?

I agree he shouldn't be starting but he's been very good and helped this team in a BIG way. It's not a coincidence that our offensive line has improved in every area with the arrival of this guy. He's contributed IMO in more ways than one.

Also, you lose faith in the pro bowl sytem "after" this? Is this your first season watching the NFL or what?!?

You have to remember, Faneca simply isnt getting the nod for the probowl because of his play. Look at the difference between the Jets last year to this year.

We have a AFC leading rusher and tops in TD's who is going to the probowl.

We have a Top ranking QB that is going to the pro bowl.

I believe the Jets are tops in the NFL in scoring and if not then its certainly in the AFC.

These things count you know.

I have lost all faith in the pro bowl selections after this. And have to question all of his other pro bowl selections. The guy is definetly not deserving of this. I always thought it was tough to judge who the top guards are. The tackle positions are a little more obvious. This selection is all based on his name.

And I suppose Bill's LT Peters had a Pro Bowl year too ? He sucked this year after holding out TC and he made it. If he deserved it Fanaca deserved it 10 times more. ::GoJets:

No doubt that Fanaca isn't quite the player he used to be. But look at the improvement of the Jets o-line from 2007. In 2007, Pennington/Clemens were killed on pass attempts and people wanted to get rid of Thomas Jones. If the pass protection was the same this year, Favre's starting streak would have ended at the beginning of the season. And Jones is having a super year. And give Washington all the credit in the world for his moves and speed on those long TD runs, but most of them started with some very nice holes. Fanaca has had a lot to do with the improvement.

Yes, rep has a lot to do with the Pro Bowl. And Fanaca deserves that rep.

I think he deserves to start. He's always been a great run blocker and he pulls better and faster than any G i've seen. Also looks like his pass protection has been decent too. That's always been his weakness. At least you guys got to see the improvement that we Steeler fans always expected from him in pass blocking.

Any way of finding out how many sacks given up could be attributed to him this year?

and the improved play of the offensive line is due to what? improved running game? unless you are part owner of the team and actually paying him why exactly do you care? and why are you not more concerned with some of the high priced guys on defense not earning their checks?

Archived