**BREAKING NEWS!!**-Teixiera to YANKEES!!!!!!!!

Vudu

The Yankees do have a far richer history. No doubt. However that history and run of titles is nearly a decade removed. 10 years. You know about a quarter as long as the Jets drought.

The Sox are the better run franchise. They have to be to compete with the Yankees. They can not just throw bad money at mistakes.

If the Yankees had a plan, they could have bagged Johan last year for Hughes and then signed CC and company. However, they flip flop between building from within and throwing money at FAs. I am glad the Yankees are continuing on their rudderless course.

Again... so what if it has been 10 years? They will win again soon and it will be much quicker than the near century it took the Sox...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I have to agree, but honestly I thought (and still think) Manny would have been move damaging to the Sox. I'd rather be pitching to Jeter-Arod-Tex than Jeter-Arod-Manny. But I thought the Eric Gag-me deal summer before last was great, so what do I know? :P

Manny might be the better pure hitter. But this fills a bigger positional need for the Yankees. They are better offensively and defensively because of this and the outfield isn't clogged up.

10 years huh? I laugh because before the Sux won this decade , how many yeard had it been ? Miopia is running wild in Boston fans hearts. 10 years .....LOL

86 to be exact.

86 years of mismanagement.

Let's not act like the Steinbrenner's are a case study in successfully running a team. The great Yankee teams from a decade ago were due to George's banishment. Not him pulling the strings and bringing in players. Have things changed all that much? No.

Giambi was coming off an MVP season. Teixiera hasn't sniffed that award.

Great player, just not top echeclon. His defense definitely helps.

On paper Giambi's numbers were better. But in hindsight his artificial boost proved to be fatal. Tex at least got his the old fashioned way (or so we believe today). Not clogging up the bases will help as well.

The Yankees do have a far richer history. No doubt. However that history and run of titles is nearly a decade removed. 10 years. You know about a quarter as long as the Jets drought.

The Sox are the better run franchise. They have to be to compete with the Yankees. They can not just throw bad money at mistakes.

If the Yankees had a plan, they could have bagged Johan last year for Hughes and then signed CC and company. However, they flip flop between building from within and throwing money at FAs. I am glad the Yankees are continuing on their rudderless course.

They didn't want to part with Hughes. We bagged CC, AJ and now Tex and we still have our young guys. They may be busts (young guys) or they may be stars...I like what the Yanks have done...of course, I'm a Yankees fan and you're a Sox fan...we will naturally have different opinions on that.

They didn't want to part with Hughes. We bagged CC, AJ and now Tex and we still have our young guys. They may be busts (young guys) or they may be stars...I like what the Yanks have done...of course, I'm a Yankees fan and you're a Sox fan...we will naturally have different opinions on that.

Well Santana - Hughes > Sabathia.

Sabathia is like the Beltran of this year. He's parlaying a big 1/2 season into a ton of cash. I'm not saying he'll suck, but he won't come close to carrying Santana's jock.

I'm actually not a SOX fan. I hate the Red Sox more than anything. The arrogance of their fans drive me insane.

I'm a baseball fan, and I feel what the Yankees do ruins the game. I am more of a Mets fan to be honest, but I like the Yankees too. With that said, the Mets are starting to do the same crap, and I am not a fan of it when they do it either.

and yours being the smarter of the two

Sabathia is like the Beltran of this year. He's parlaying a big 1/2 season into a ton of cash. I'm not saying he'll suck, but he won't come close to carrying Santana's jock.

are you for real??? he won a Cy Young in 2007 and in 2008 was UNBEATABLE in the NL

he's been a fine pitcher ever since he joined the MLB..his best two years being the last 2. his last 3 years: ERA's of 3.22, 3.21 and 2.70.

beltran? he hit his ass off against the Cards in the playoffs and ripped the mets out of lots of $$$

NSDQ the Yankees have some nice moves. I would rather have Teixera and Youk versus Youk and Lowell any day.

The Johan thing is a bit off. The Yankees started talking about building from within. If they were going to throw that plan and strengthens my argument that they do not have one, they should have done it last year. Johan is rare talent. A Johan and CC 1-2 would be one of the best if not the best.

Well Santana - Hughes > Sabathia.

I'm actually not a SOX fan. I hate the Red Sox more than anything. The arrogance of their fans drive me insane.

I'm a baseball fan, and I feel what the Yankees do ruins the game. I am more of a Mets fan to be honest, but I like the Yankees too. With that said, the Mets are starting to do the same crap, and I am not a fan of it when they do it either.

I understand what you're saying. But, you really can't come down on teams that spend money...it's within the current rules of baseball.

Let me ask you this since you don't appear to have a special allegiance to any one team. If your team was spending big bucks to improve their product on the field, wouldn't you be in favor of it. Hell, I live in South Florida and their fans (what little fan base they have...and that's a discussion for another day) were going nuts when they dumped salary after the '97 WS title. And I don't blame them. Imagine the Yankees dumping salary after their '96 title. Thank you George and his kids is all I can say.

NSDQ the Yankees have some nice moves. I would rather have Teixera and Youk versus Youk and Lowell any day.

The Johan thing is a bit off. The Yankees started talking about building from within. If they were going to throw that plan and strengthens my argument that they do not have one, they should have done it last year. Johan is rare talent. A Johan and CC 1-2 would be one of the best if not the best.

Honestly, the Yankee plan didn't work...I'll admit that. Unless you're willing to come in last place every year (Rays) and gather up first round talent to build your team, then more power to you. Yanks would be out of business coming in last place for about 5 years or more...as it stands, they don't draw 20,000 a night, they pack the house.

And I can remember when the Yanks were drawing that 20,000 at the park...these were days when Mantle and Maris were chasing Ruth.

I understand what you're saying. But, you really can't come down on teams that spend money...it's within the current rules of baseball.

It is, but it's ruining the game as a whole.

I'd be in favor of improving the team, and spending money to some degree. The Yankees go overboard. There is something wrong with the game when one team's payroll is 26M and the other's is 220M. That's just not right.

The unfortunate thing is we're about 4 1/2 months from the 1st pitch, and you can already eliminate 60% of MLB from making the playoffs. That's just sad.

I love all these people saying that the Yankees are "giving up" on their young players. But, what ****ing young players have they gotten rid of? They still have all of their young guys and all of their young guys will be able to play and make the roster if they are good enough. It's not like they traded the farm system for any of these guys.

Think about this... Think about it.

What would you rather have:

CC, Burnett, Teixera, Hughes, Kennedy and Cabrera

or

Santana, CC, Burnett

Same money.. Take those 3 pitchers, throw in Wang, and anyone can be the 5th starter, it doesn't matter. Put Joba in the pen and you have a dominant pen and DOMINANT starting pitching. This game is won with pitching boys. 1996-2000 teams had BIG TIME CLUTCH pitching. They did NOT have a ton of stars. They stopped winning when they started going back to the early-mid 80s Yankees. It's no coincidence.

Kennedy is a journeyman at best. Hughes has potential, but let's see it. Cabrera... may as well cut him now. He's a AAAA player. (For those who don't know that term, it basically means he's better than AAA, but not quite good enough for MLB).

Now Teixiera? For 22.5M? You have to be f'ing kidding. PASS.

Another example. Teixera produced 8.5 RC27 last yr (that stat shoes how many runs a team would score if there were 9 of him in the lineup for a game). Very good year. Pujols on the other hand had 11.41. C Jones, Manny, M Bradley (fluke), Berkman and Holiday had higher RC27 with 400+ ABs.

Since 2000, there have been 29 seasons with higher RC27 for 1st basemen with 400+ AB. 29! (None of them were Teixera).

Now to compare, Beltran is even worse, topping out at 8.6.

I'm just saying the Yankees could have done much better for 1/2 the coin and added another starter... but they insist on star-power.. the same strategy that has failed for the last 8 yrs.

Think about this... Think about it.

What would you rather have:

CC, Burnett, Teixera, Hughes, Kennedy and Cabrera

or

Santana, CC, Burnett

Same money.. Take those 3 pitchers, throw in Wang, and anyone can be the 5th starter, it doesn't matter. Put Joba in the pen and you have a dominant pen and DOMINANT starting pitching. This game is won with pitching boys. 1996-2000 teams had BIG TIME CLUTCH pitching. They did NOT have a ton of stars. They stopped winning when they started going back to the early-mid 80s Yankees. It's no coincidence.

Kennedy is a journeyman at best. Hughes has potential, but let's see it. Cabrera... may as well cut him now. He's a AAAA player. (For those who don't know that term, it basically means he's better than AAA, but not quite good enough for MLB).

Now Teixiera? For 22.5M? You have to be f'ing kidding. PASS.

Understood. But offense puts fans in the seats. The Yankees could win the next 3 championships. If they do it by winning 2-1 every game the attendance won't be as high as it was.

That may be sad but it is true. And that has to play into the Yankees thought process here. I am just glad that it wasn't Manny.

The Yankees drew what 800,000 less fans before ARod each year?

Another example. Teixera produced 8.5 RC27 last yr (that stat shoes how many runs a team would score if there were 9 of him in the lineup for a game). Very good year. Pujols on the other hand had 11.41. C Jones, Manny, M Bradley (fluke), Berkman and Holiday had higher RC27 with 400+ ABs.

Since 2000, there have been 29 seasons with higher RC27 for 1st basemen with 400+ AB. 29! (None of them were Teixera).

Now to compare, Beltran is even worse, topping out at 8.6.

I'm just saying the Yankees could have done much better for 1/2 the coin and added another starter... but they insist on star-power.. the same strategy that has failed for the last 8 yrs.

That's a bad example because the Yanks didn't sign Tex for him to be the top run producer. He will be a "big bat" in an already big lineup. He just needs to have the same type of year he is capable of having and show up with that gold glove at 1B.

Understood. But offense puts fans in the seats. The Yankees could win the next 3 championships. If they do it by winning 2-1 every game the attendance won't be as high as it was.

That may be sad but it is true. And that has to play into the Yankees thought process here. I am just glad that it wasn't Manny.

Hey, you have the biggest show on earth happening right now in the Bronx...you gotta take the kids...hell, I'm flying up for at least one game with my son...maybe we can all meet up...I'll behave.:eek:

That's a bad example because the Yanks didn't sign Tex for him to be the top run producer. He will be a "big bat" in an already big lineup. He just needs to have the same type of year he is capable of having and show up with that gold glove at 1B.

They need his defense more than his bat.. consistency at 1st base... he solidifies the entire infield now...

The Yankees could play 25 schmucks from Brooklyn and sell out though.

Attendance the next 3 yrs will be capacity * 81 each and every year.

1 star is one thing, 3 players over 20M per and another at 19.999? come on. AROD helped attendence, that's for sure. The other 3 won't help a bit.. unless they add another deck to the new ballpark, and even then, they do not have name recognition like AROD.

What's the difference between top run producer and big bat? They are the same thing. For 22.5M, he better be a top run producer/big bat or whatever.

Sure, AROD gets more, but AROD in the clutch is Jose Oquendo.

They need his defense more than his bat.. consistency at 1st base... he solidifies the entire infield now...

180M for a defensive player.. Interesting. Could have had that guy for 3M (I understand he brings more than that. Teixera is a GOOD player. VERY GOOD. However, he's not great).

Archived