**BREAKING NEWS!!**-Teixiera to YANKEES!!!!!!!!

Vudu

180M for a defensive player.. Interesting. Could have had that guy for 3M (I understand he brings more than that. Teixera is a GOOD player. VERY GOOD. However, he's not great).

I said thats the main reason why they need him... not the only reason...

• Replies 197
  • Created
  • Last Reply
I said thats the main reason why they need him... not the only reason...

I know and acknowledged that... Anything was better than Giambi at 1st.

Heck, they have the money, and under the current rules, go for it. I don't have to like it, and if I don't, it doesn't really f'ing matter. It's their team.

"I figured he (Teixera) would land in our division someplace," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "The big names are going to normally land within the AL East."

And what big names have the Rays signed Joe?

I hear they have a new maintenance guy that is supposed to clean a mean toilet ! :D

"I figured he (Teixera) would land in our division someplace," Rays manager Joe Maddon said. "The big names are going to normally land within the AL East."

He meant the Yankees, Sox and to some degree, the Jays. Tampa has no budget for it.. A domed stadium in tampa.. BRILLIANT. (yes, it rains a lot, but 75% of the time it's beautiful out and people don't want to be inside in the summer... make it retractable).

No big names. Role players and fill-ins to surround their emerging talent. Which is why they were in the World Series last season.

The Yankees could play 25 schmucks from Brooklyn and sell out though.

Attendance the next 3 yrs will be capacity * 81 each and every year.

1 star is one thing, 3 players over 20M per and another at 19.999? come on. AROD helped attendence, that's for sure. The other 3 won't help a bit.. unless they add another deck to the new ballpark, and even then, they do not have name recognition like AROD.

The sell out part isn't true. Remember the 80's? It wasn't that long ago that the Yankees had a hard time drawing 2 million.

I agree it is over the top. You don't need a super star at every position. Like you pointed out it hasn't worked the past 8 seasons.

The game for the Yankees is a new one though. They can't sell any more tickets than they did last year. The challenge for them is to sell the same amount of seats at these new prices. Plus sell all those new luxury boxes.

Superstars don't win championships but the Yankees are banking on squeezing out any corporate money that may be left out there.

He meant the Yankees, Sox and to some degree, the Jays. Tampa has no budget for it.. A domed stadium in tampa.. BRILLIANT. (yes, it rains a lot, but 75% of the time it's beautiful out and people don't want to be inside in the summer... make it retractable).

That is pretty funny. That dome is terrible, you are right.

I love all these people saying that the Yankees are "giving up" on their young players. But, what ****ing young players have they gotten rid of? They still have all of their young guys and all of their young guys will be able to play and make the roster if they are good enough. It's not like they traded the farm system for any of these guys.

LOL.... how did the Yanks get Nady, Marte and Swisher? Was Melky not just out the door until the Yanks had the gall to ask the Brewers to pay part of 35 yr old Cameron's contract?

Last years media blitz of staying away from long term contracts and building through the system is over. Cash was given 1 season before Hank and Hal said no more.

Hughes was given 10 starts or so before not even being in the rotation plans for this season.

You think the Yanks will be players for Holliday next winter or they'll replace Damon from the farm system.;)

The sell out part isn't true. Remember the 80's? It wasn't that long ago that the Yankees had a hard time drawing 2 million.

I agree it is over the top. You don't need a super star at every position. Like you pointed out it hasn't worked the past 8 seasons.

The game for the Yankees is a new one though. They can't sell any more tickets than they did last year. The challenge for them is to sell the same amount of seats at these new prices. Plus sell all those new luxury boxes.

Superstars don't win championships but the Yankees are banking on squeezing out any corporate money that may be left out there.

The 80s and now are a big difference... in the 80s, they never made the post season. They don't need 4 players making 19M+ to make the post season.

They can't sell the same amount of seats either. The stadium's capacity is smaller.

Their "emerging talent" comes from finishing last in the division for years. They got the cream of the crop with high draft picks.

Draft picks in baseball are even more likely to bust than football ones... But you are right, they did some good drafting.

jeter, arod, cano, tex

best infield ever??

not yet, but give it a few months ;)

If Cano can get his head out of his ass.

Very happy about ESPN and me being wrong form this afternoon. Sawx can not sign Manny, so where do they go to bolster their lineup?

Cliff Notes:

Someone Claimed Sux signed Tex

Egg on Sux front office face

Yankees sign Tex

Angry Sux fans blame NY

Brag about 2 championships this decade

Complain more and more

/thread

Do you mean if The Sawx would have signed tex, he would have been a bargain, and the Sawx would have been the offseason champs, and the Yanks would have to sign another old guy to jst keep up. And a rotation of Peanut Brikett, Won Ton Fuhi, and Jon The Natural Lester is unbeatable. And that Pappleschmear has a mean and angry stare?

That is pretty funny. That dome is terrible, you are right.

Domes are ALWAYS terrible for baseball. I was at a Diamondbacks game this summer. There was NOTHING right about watching that game indoors. Not that you CAN play baseball outdoors in Phoenix in July... but still...

Sounds like he knew which team would be the real contender and went there... if you promised him a title he would take 1.5mil a year less....

Listen, Tex was never going to take a hardcore discount.

BUT, he got an offer from the Yankees, the team he followed since childhood, and it beat everyone else, and it was before Christmas, and he took it.

He was always going to pick the Yankees over the Red Sox if all else was equal. He was definitely going to pick the Yankees over the Sox if they had the highest bid.

Do you mean if The Sawx would have signed tex, he would have been a bargain, and the Sawx would have been the offseason champs, and the Yanks would have to sign another old guy to jst keep up. And a rotation of Peanut Brikett, Won Ton Fuhi, and Jon The Natural Lester is unbeatable. And that Pappleschmear has a mean and angry stare?

Don't forget, the Papsmear is a mean dancer too ! :gfight:

If Cano can get his head out of his ass.

Very happy about ESPN and me being wrong form this afternoon. Sawx can not sign Manny, so where do they go to bolster their lineup?

They get a healthy Mike Lowell back and a healthy Big Papi back. Plus a full season of hard work from Jason Bay, a full season of not Julio Lugo from Lowrie, and a full season of whomever is better than Varitek.

Sox need a 4th outfielder, a back of the rotation guy (Penny/Sheets etc.) to keep Masterson in the pen and a catcher. Not a tall order, but not one that cannot be filled either.

They get a healthy Mike Lowell back and a healthy Big Papi back. Plus a full season of hard work from Jason Bay, a full season of not Julio Lugo from Lowrie, and a full season of whomever is better than Varitek.

Sox need a 4th outfielder, a back of the rotation guy (Penny/Sheets etc.) to keep Masterson in the pen and a catcher. Not a tall order, but not one that cannot be filled either.

Exactly.

Teixeria would have been nice, but was not a need.

I know the feeling

Just glead our F/O has the balls to step up when asked

It's nice to throw Tex in the mix, and not need him

Guess Swish will be our CF'er

Nice pick-up.

I did not understand the Manny talk. Manny was great, but he is 37 (or close to it). Teixeria will be around long after Jeter retires.

I know the feeling

Just glead our F/O has the balls to step up when asked

It's nice to throw Tex in the mix, and not need him

Guess Swish will be our CF'er

I think the Yankees will try to trade Matsui in just a dump. That leaves Damon/Nady DH and LF, Swish in RF, and CF open (looks like Gardner now).

I think the Yankees will try to trade Matsui in just a dump. That leaves Damon/Nady DH and LF, Swish in RF, and CF open (looks like Gardner now).

This definitely makes CF much less of a concern. Gardner or Melky I am okay with either. They will bat 9th, hopefully hit .240 and catch fly balls.

I actually like the corner outfielders Damon and Nady. So I am okay with either CFer. Gardner will get a long look because of his base stealing ability. He could steal 40 bases if they let him run and he played a full season.

Edit: Just saw your Swish comment. I could be wrong but I think RF is for Nady. Swish will get plenty of playing time but he will be the odd man out imo.

This definitely makes CF much less of a concern. Gardner or Melky I am okay with either. They will bat 9th, hopefully hit .240 and catch fly balls.

I actually like the corner outfielders Damon and Nady. So I am okay with either CFer. Gardner will get a long look because of his base stealing ability. He could steal 40 bases if they let him run and he played a full season.

Edit: Just saw your Swish comment. I could be wrong but I think RF is for Nady. Swish will get plenty of playing time but he will be the odd man out imo.

I don't know...I think they would play Swish in CF if everyone stays rather than just let him and his $7 million sit on the bench. But hey, as long as we're spending money, might as well have the most expensive bench player too! :P

If they trade Matsui, Swish could play LF too, moving Nady to RF--if that's where he's more comfortable--and Damon to full-time DH.

Archived