Shanahan fired/I want Shanahan [Merged eleventy billion times]

jetsman

It would, but the ultimate goal right now is becoming a playoff team, year in and year out, and eventually getting us to the Super Bowl. Mike Shanahan hasn't felt what the playoffs feel like in three years. In the last three years his coaching has been down right bad and ignores his Defenses like no other. Denver's problem has been their Defense and he refuses to change Coordinators or address the situations. Our defense is bad enough right now. He is a glorified Offensive Coordinator.

Thats the reason they shouldn't hire him. You want a defensive HC.

• Replies 264
  • Created
  • Last Reply
he's beaten Belichick you're right 5 out of 8 times not 6 with the likes of Brian Griese Jake Plummer and Jay Cutler at QB-I wouldn't mind seeing the Jets win 5 out of the next 8 against New England...sure would quiet things down on the boards wouldn't it?

and...124 withOUT Elway he's only had ONE LOSING SEASON 7-9 since 2000

124 has a hard on for Marty ball. somebody who's never won anything and cant coach under pressure.

2000...11-5

2001...8-8

2002...9-7

2003...10-6

2004...10-6

2005...13-3

2006...9-7

2007...7-9

2008...8-8

and 5 playoff games

1 Division Championship

1-4 in those playoff games

24-24 last three years

1 Major Collapse in 2008

Thats the reason they shouldn't hire him. You want a defensive HC.

When in all those years did Denver have a standout defense- I can not remember. If we are going to base a coaching decision on a winning record against Bellicheck in infrequent meetings between teams we are really screwed up.

124 has a hard on for Marty ball. somebody who's never won anything and cant coach under pressure.

if we hire Marty guess who our OC is gonna be? I'd rather watch Shanahan turn Leon Washington into Terrel Davis or Tiki Barber than watch the Jets in a 3 and 1 in the shotgun empty backfield all year. Also, imagine what he would bbe able to do with Dustin Keller at TE? WOW

And what has Marty won? your argument is dumb.

More like its true.

If Marty had a great Quarterback he would've won. The one time he did, Joe Montana after years of injuries, not years of healthyness like Elway was, he got to the AFC Championship Game. Mike Shanahan "won" those Super Bowls because he had greats like John Elway and Shannon Shapre/Terrell Davis in their primes, at their best ever.

Marty > Fraudahan.

In the end, that is the case.

Its really stupid to keep on arguing it. Fraudahan is not coming to New York, the organization would rather hire Bill Callahan than go after Fraudahan.

if we hire Marty guess who our OC is gonna be? I'd rather watch Shanahan turn Leon Washington into Terrel Davis or Tiki Barber than watch the Jets in a 3 and 1 in the shotgun empty backfield all year. Also, imagine what he would bbe able to do with Dustin Keller at TE? WOW

But with Marty we can go back to Herm ball. 2 cracks in the line and throw on 3rd down. then we don't need Leon or Keller or Favre. wooohooo..good times!

More like its true.

If Marty had a great Quarterback he would've won. The one time he did, Joe Montana after years of injuries, not years of healthyness like Elway was, he got to the AFC Championship Game. Mike Shanahan "won" those Super Bowls because he had greats like John Elway and Shannon Shapre/Terrell Davis in their primes, at their best ever.

Marty > Fraudahan.

He had a guy who threw for 5000 yards and he lost to Chad ****ing Pennington in the playoffs. lol

More like its true.

Marty > Fraudahan.

Its really stupid to keep on arguing it. Fraudahan is not coming to New York, the organization would rather hire Bill Callahan than go after Fraudahan.

Drew Brees is pretty good.

More like its true.

Marty > Fraudahan.

Woulda shoulda coulda doesn't mean dick. if Tony Dungy can win won with a great QB anybody can. your argument is still dumb.

More like its true.

Marty > Fraudahan.

Woulda Shoulda Coulda.

Marty had good QBs. Marty coached so conservatively in the big game that he blew the game. Drew Brees doesn't blow, does he? Well he had him a few years ago when they blew that game against the jets.

In case you were wondering, John Elway won his 2 superbowls in his last 2 seasons, hardly his PRIME.

Woulda Shoulda Coulda.

Marty had good QBs. Marty coached so conservatively in the big game that he blew the game. Drew Brees doesn't blow, does he? Well he had him a few years ago when they blew that game against the jets.

In case you were wondering, John Elway won his 2 superbowls in his last 2 seasons, hardly his PRIME.

Joe was 8 and 9 years old respectfully during Elways last two years. I'm sure he remembers his career vividly. he was going down as just as big a choke artist as Marty until Marty helped him out in 1997.

Shanny is a hell of a coach.

he's an offensive genius Matt-always has been. AND.....what nobody has even considered is he may be the only NFL coach that would have the balls to bench a Brett Favre when he deserves it. Eric Mangini would never do it, Bill COWHER would never do it and Brett Ratliff could turn in to a hell of a football player under his tuteledge.

Again, the ONLY coach IN THE NFL who would SIT a legend down if he isn't performing. I believe that about Shanahan...

Joe was 8 and 9 years old respectfully during Elways last two years. I'm sure he remembers his career vividly. he was going down as just as big a choke artist as Marty until Marty helped him out in 1997.

Exactly. Kosar and Elway were on the same level in the 1980's.

Woulda shoulda coulda doesn't mean dick. if Tony Dungy can win won with a great QB anybody can. your argument is still dumb.

No, the fact that you're just way too in love with Fraudahan, 10x more than I am with Marty, is the fact that fogs up your mirror in this argument.

If Bill Cowher could get over the hump finally, why couldn't Marty?

If Tony Dungy could get over the hump finally, why couldn't Marty?

All these Cowher pukes, and trust me he was my #1, shouldn't be bashing Marty because THEIR BOY Cowher lost THREE AFC Championship Games at home, a Super Bowl and didn't win a Super Bowl until year 14 and it was very lucky at that, horrible officiating and everyone remembers that.

Its laughable. I know you and aec4 are Shanahan guys, but when you look at what he was after Elway, the stats don't lie. If you choose not to look at them and just look at the 2 Super Bowl wins with Elway back in the 90's, well, so be it. He won't be here, we won't have to worry about it. Fraudahan will not be a Jet. If he is, I hope you're all happy with a .500 franchise for three more years.

No, the fact that you're just way too in love with Fraudahan, 10x more than I am with Marty, is the fact that fogs up your mirror in this argument.

If Bill Cowher could get over the hump finally, why couldn't Marty?

If Tony Dungy could get over the hump finally, why couldn't Marty?

All these Cowher pukes, and trust me he was my #1, shouldn't be bashing Marty because THEIR BOY Cowher lost THREE AFC Championship Games at home, a Super Bowl and didn't win a Super Bowl until year 14 and it was very lucky at that, horrible officiating and everyone remembers that.

Its laughable. I know you and aec4 are Shanahan guys, but when you look at what he was after Elway, the stats don't lie. If you choose not to look at them and just look at the 2 Super Bowl wins with Elway back in the 90's, well, so be it. He won't be here, we won't have to worry about it. Fraudahan will not be a Jet. If he is, I hope you're all happy with a .500 franchise for three more years.

Then you can also say Elway was nothing wirthout Shanahan. do you understand why your argument is dumb now?

Then you can also say Elway was nothing wirthout Shanahan. do you understand why your argument is dumb now?

The players can win without a coach like Shanahan. He also had Terrell Davis and Shannon Sharpe. Dan Reeves did a good job with Elway. Elway would've won with you or me at Head Coach in 1997 and 1998 with those teams.

The players can win without a coach like Shanahan. He also had Terrell Davis and Shannon Sharpe. Dan Reeves did a good job with Elway. Elway would've won with you or me at Head Coach in 1997 and 1998 with those teams.

Elway might have been the most overrated QB of all time before Shanny.

What was Elways record without Shanahan?

http://www.pro-football-reference.com/players/E/ElwaJo00.htm

It's in black and white. drastically different once Shanahan arrives.

Elway might have been the most overrated QB of all time before Shanny.

And even IF thats true, which it isn't, what has Shanahan done since his great, top 5 all time Quarterback? What? Tell me, what? Just answer that. Don't bring up Marty's failures in the postseason, just tell me that. Thats what I want to know. That is what matters when you talk about Fraudahan. What has he done without an all time great leading the controls.

I would only want Shanahan on two conditions:

- does not get final say on player personnel decisions (which CLE probably would give him)

- brings in a proven defensive coordinator

Martyball and the prospect of his idiot son staying on the staff as the OC are reason enough for me to not want Schottenheimer.

Archived