My twin sisters got into two separate car accidents today...

PhinHater

So my one sister, andrea, was driving on the entrance ramp to route 18 at exit 8. She lost control of her car, hit one curb bounced over to the other one and ran right up over it. Turns out she has 3 flat tires from that...plus who knows what else...she will find out tomorrow. Thank God she is safe though.

My other sister, Johanna, left work early to go pick her up from the scene since her was getting towed. On Johanna's way to pick her up, she was on the circles where Rt. 33 and Rt. 34 are (for those of you central jerseyans) and some lady smashed into the side of her. Passenger door and fender are shot...alignment is out of whack...gonna be a pricey one. Thank God she wasn't hurt either.

Is this a twin thing?

Man...so thankful these weren't serious.

On Johanna's way to pick her up, she was on the circles where Rt. 33 and Rt. 34 are (for those of you central jerseyans) and some lady smashed into the side of her.

Was "some lady" an out-of-stater? There is absolutely no excuse for a New Jerseyan to not be able to navigate a circle. We friggin' invented them.

Two of my closest friends from college were fraternal twins. They didn't have the whole 'secret language' thing, but they do have the closest thing to reading each other's thoughts that I've ever seen. There is definitely something to being in the womb together. No question in my mind.

And here's something else I always found interesting from an observational stand point (which, oddly enough, is now becoming deeply explored scientifically): identical twins are identical genetically, yes; but it always occurred to me that they are mirror images, not side by side duplicates, if that makes any sense. That's why homosexuality in identical twins is a lot more common than previously thought. Hell, check out the Barber brothers. Tiki, offense; Ronde, defense. Pretty cool, huh?

Glad your sisters are OK.

Two of my closest friends from college were fraternal twins. They didn't have the whole 'secret language' thing, but they do have the closest thing to reading each other's thoughts that I've ever seen. There is definitely something to being in the womb together. No question in my mind.

And here's something else I always found interesting from an observational stand point (which, oddly enough, is now becoming deeply explored scientifically): identical twins are identical genetically, yes; but it always occurred to me that they are mirror images, not side by side duplicates, if that makes any sense. That's why homosexuality in identical twins is a lot more common than previously thought. Hell, check out the Barber brothers. Tiki, offense; Ronde, defense. Pretty cool, huh?

Glad your sisters are OK.

Bah. My wife is an identical twin and, aside from looks, is nothing like her sister.

I know a pair of identical twin guys, too. One is gay and the other is a pretty accomplished womanizer.

It's pretty tough to argue with Tiki and Ronde, though.

Archived