Picks for CW

afosomf

I honestly think Baltimore @ Pittsburgh is a toss up. Their games this season have been so close and both teams have great defenses to rely on. Defense travels well so homefield isn't oo much of an advantage to Pittsburgh BUT I think Ben and that offense trump Flacco and co. Big Ben has the experience I think the Steelers JUST beat the Ravens at home:

Baltimore 13

Pittsburgh 17

Philadelphia @ Arizona is another tough one to predict. I think it will be closer than most expect, most people are thinking Philly will blow them out like they did earlier in the year. I doubt it. I was leaning towards the Cardinals earlier in the week but I'm starting to think Jim Johnson and that defense will bring enough pressure to slow Warner and the Cardinals offense down. I think it will be a high scoring shootout with the Eagles just getting the better of it, setting up the Pennsylvania bowl:

Philadelphia 31

Arizona 21

Steelers-Cardinals Superbowl.

Nobody is giving the Cards a shot, but I think this is one of those "coronation" games in the NFL. One of those games that the home team didn't expect to be home in a playoff game and the atmosphere is crazy.

It's like the Jets-Colts WC game in 2002 and the Colts-Pats AFC title game in 2006. The Jets and fans were insane the whole game while the Colts fans were crazy the entire second half as the Colts did their historic comback and the Pats had their historic collapse (largest lead blown in the history of championship games, be it old NFL, AFL, SB, and conference championships).

Nobody is giving the Cards a shot, but I think this is one of those "coronation" games in the NFL. One of those games that the home team didn't expect to be home in a playoff game and the atmosphere is crazy.

It's like the Jets-Colts WC game in 2002 and the Colts-Pats AFC title game in 2006. The Jets and fans were insane the whole game while the Colts fans were crazy the entire second half as the Colts did their historic comback and the Pats had their historic collapse (largest lead blown in the history of championship games, be it old NFL, AFL, SB, and conference championships).

I'm rooting for the Cardinals. They got a lot of crap about not even deserving to be in the playoffs because of their record/division and they've responded quite well to it. Btw, I wonder how Calvin Pace is feeling right now. The year he leaves, they pull their **** together.

Oh snap, I was right about the Cards!!!

Archived