Ain't It GREAT? No Pats In This year's Super Bowl

SoFlaJets

It makes it watchable-I don't think I could have stood another SB watching them. It keeps the streak intact for me...I've seen every SB ever played....if I make it to next week that is....

I've been lucky enough too see every one too and I'm going to really enjoy this Patsie less one.

I've been lucky enough too see every one too and I'm going to really enjoy this Patsie less one.

hey TJ did you get to see the NFL Championship game the year before the 1st SB...the Ice Bowl between Dallas and Green Bay? That was the first pro game I ever saw-no wonder I'm as big a football fan as I am....

Did you know that one of the lowest rated (audience wise) SB's of all time was the Pitt victory a few years back. The Network/Advertisers fear that this upcoming one will be the lowest ever. Say what you will, but my Pats sure do draw a crowd. :) This years SB is 'gonna suck.

Seattle and Arizona arn't exactly major NFL markets, Garb.

If the NFC could produce a team in a popular market when the Steelers make the SB (New York, Philadelphia, Dallas, Washington, Green Bay, Chicago), a Pittsburgh vs one of those teams Super Bowl would outrate anything the Patriots have ever done, ratings wise.

Did you know that one of the lowest rated (audience wise) SB's of all time was the Pitt victory a few years back. The Network/Advertisers fear that this upcoming one will be the lowest ever. Say what you will, but my Pats sure do draw a crowd. :) This years SB is 'gonna suck.

That's b'cause everybody roots for 'em get beaten! :)

The Rams drew the crowd in the 1st one... thereafter people watched hoping to watch Brady fail... they got their wish last year...

Seattle and Arizona arn't exactly major NFL markets, Garb.

If the NFC could produce a team in a popular market when the Steelers make the SB (New York, Philadelphia, Dallas, Washington, Green Bay, Chicago), a Pittsburgh vs one of those teams Super Bowl would outrate anything the Patriots have ever done, ratings wise.

Please, the Pats are THE team of the decade and every one hates a team that's prosperous and dominant. People tune in to either see the greatness or see the greatness get beat. Not to mention that Pittsburgh football is BORING.

I just hope the Cards can pull the upset. I suspect everyone other that a Pitt fan is. The "underdog" - America loves their underdogs.

The Pats are the team of the decade if and only if Pittsburgh doesn't win this year and next year. If they do, they both will have 3 Championships in the decade. Pittsburgh is a MUCH, much more popular team and they are trying to become the first team ever to win 6 Super Bowl Championships.

Please, the Pats are THE team of the decade and every one hates a team that's prosperous and dominant. People tune in to either see the greatness or see the greatness get beat. Not to mention that Pittsburgh football is BORING.

I just hope the Cards can pull the upset. I suspect everyone other that a Pitt fan is. The "underdog" - America loves their underdogs.

Last year people tuned in to watch the cheaters get exposed.

repeat after me =get over this obsession with the Pats- it will be good for the soul. They are not worth so much effort caring about.

....actually the obsession with the Pats just proves how jealous you all are. I enjoy it. Stop being a buzz kill, Faba!

....actually the obsession with the Pats just proves how jealous you all are. I enjoy it. Stop being a buzz kill, Faba!

The JETS are the reason the Pats are what they are, show some respect.

Also what do Pats fans have to be proud of?

JETS Superbowl Wins - 1

Pats Superbowl Wins - 0

Thats how everyone outside of the Boston Metro area sees it.

Combine that with the economy, and I don't see how the network can make money this year. Considering that the rights were purchased long before any 'bad economy discounts' were out there.

**** that. If we were jealous why wouldn't we just become patriots fans? Or better yet, post on patriots message boards \:D/

I don't want to cross sports but the Red Sox get way too excited when the Yankees lose. Tearing down Babe Ruth's house was probably the most pathetic thing I've ever seen happen in sports in my life. I still wouldn't call it jealousy, more like hatred. That hatred keeps both teams going.

**** that. If we were jealous why wouldn't we just become patriots fans? Or better yet, post on patriots message boards \:D/

I don't want to cross sports but the Red Sox get way too excited when the Yankees lose. Tearing down Babe Ruth's house was probably the most pathetic thing I've ever seen happen in sports in my life. I still wouldn't call it jealousy, more like hatred. That hatred keeps both teams going.

:rl::rl::rl:

Got her there!

I'm not a Red Sox fan, btw.....however, okay, hatred then. That hatred was born from jealousy. C'mon - you know that. It's true of Red Sox fans and it's true of Jets fans. I'm pretty sure you didn't really hate 'em when they sucked, right?

I like posting here. You all amuse me.

I'm not a Red Sox fan, btw.....however, okay, hatred then. That hatred was born from jealousy. C'mon - you know that. It's true of Red Sox fans and it's true of Jets fans. I'm pretty sure you didn't really hate 'em when they sucked, right?

I want a good game. With that said, a competitive rivalry breeds hatred but some people take it too far.

By the way, I wasn't really using that example as a shot at you, just how far people can take these rivalries. For all I know, they believe bringing down Ruth's home brought down the curse. I don't really watch baseball though, oh well.

I have always had a strong dislike for Pats and Sox fans... :lol:

Archived