Can We Stop the Ray Lewis Talk?

The Troll

If Ray isn't going to take a "hometown discount" to stay in Baltimore, why would he take a "former defensive coordinator discount" to play in New Jersey? It's obvious that he's going where the money is, and we don't have any money. However, if we DID have money, we'd be much better suited by going after Terrell Suggs or Bart Scott. It's not like Lewis is going to come much cheaper, if at all, than either of those guys. And it's not like Ray hadn't been on the decline for five years until he magically regained his All-pro, Hall of Fame murderer form just in time to cash in on his last big contract.

If Ray isn't going to take a "hometown discount" to stay in Baltimore, why would he take a "former defensive coordinator discount" to play in New Jersey? It's obvious that he's going where the money is, and we don't have any money. However, if we DID have money, we'd be much better suited by going after Terrell Suggs or Bart Scott. It's not like Lewis is going to come much cheaper, if at all, than either of those guys. And it's not like Ray hadn't been on the decline for five years until he magically regained his All-pro, Hall of Fame murderer form just in time to cash in on his last big contract.

:sign0098: Great thread Troll. People who are advocating the Jets getting Ray Lewis have apparently never hear the term "salary cap". We are anywhere from $7- $12 million OVER the cap. We are in no position to be signing any big $$ free agents let alone over the hill mercenary LB's .

Not only from a money standpoint, but from an aging player standpoint, and not to mention to guy was up for murder. Now, he was aquited, but he had some hand in it somewhere. He has kept his nose clean for a while now though. But just from the money and age standpoint we need to stay away from him.

I agree with all points Troll except for Suggs. I love the guy, he has a world of talent but we already have Fort Knox invested in OLB and to throw more money at it wouldn't be cost effective, to say the least. Unless they think they could transition Pace or Gholston (which would never happen because ILB is neither ones game).

Jerry Jones creamed himself when Ray Lewis said he would like to play with T.O. Let alone is Jones dumb enough to spend big bucks on a veteran-superstar, most importantly Lewis will attract even more media attention, jersey sales and revenue to Dallas. If Lewis were smart he would use the Jets as leverage to get a big contract from Dallas -- like Arod with the Mets a few years back. But Ray will be in big D next season without question if he hits the FA market

It's the off-season Troll, what else have we got to talk about at this time of the year? What sucks big time is that THIS off-season started even before the ball dropped in Times Square. Hey I got and idea we can always resurrect the "Who's Better Chad Or Brady?" thread or the "Wes Welker Seriously?" thread for umpteenth time.

It's the off-season Troll, what else have we got to talk about at this time of the year? What sucks big time is that THIS off-season started even before the ball dropped in Times Square. Hey I got and idea we can always resurrect the "Who's Better Chad Or Brady?" thread or the "Wes Welker Seriously?" thread for umpteenth time.

Hey, why don't we talk about unicorns that ride into Times Square floating on marshmallow clouds who make it rain strawberry gumdrops on all the various passerby?

It has the same chance of happening as Ray Lewis signing with the Jets.

Hey, why don't we talk about unicorns that ride into Times Square floating on marshmallow clouds who make it rain strawberry gumdrops on all the various passerby?

QUOTE]

you'll have to start a new thread in The Lounge for that one TT

:sign0098: Great thread Troll. People who are advocating the Jets getting Ray Lewis have apparently never hear the term "salary cap". We are anywhere from $7- $12 million OVER the cap. We are in no position to be signing any big $$ free agents let alone over the hill mercenary LB's .

I honestly trust Tanny with our salary management.

How many people think its actually going to happen? I am all for bringing Ray to NY, but I dont think its going to happen for many of the reason you stated.

I think most of the advocates you speak of feel the same way.

Archived