Who will be our QB?

Ghost

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply

I think they throw sh!t at the wall and see what sticks.

The Giants resigned David Carr, which is a little disappointing. He's a guy I would've given a chance to - although the fact that he signed on so early to continue as a backup probably says a lot about his mental condition.

So Losman, Grossman, Fitzpatrick? I hope they don't go old.

Of course, Brooks Bollinger is available, too.

I say we dance with who we bring (KC, Ratliff or Ainge) and wait for next years draft which should be a target rich environment for quality QB's

The only kid that gives me that warm tingly feeling up my leg is Matt Stafford and he 'll be long gone by 17. And NO ONE in the FA market is worth anything but league minimum which they won't go for.

Play hold the fort this year (and hope to be surprised) and pluck a gem QB next year. This way we address the CB question this year.

fr8dog

I say we dance with who we bring (KC, Ratliff or Ainge) and wait for next years draft which should be a target rich environment for quality QB's

The only kid that gives me that warm tingly feeling up my leg is Matt Stafford and he 'll be long gone by 17. And NO ONE in the FA market is worth anything but league minimum which they won't go for.

Play hold the fort this year (and hope to be surprised) and pluck a gem QB next year. This way we address the CB question this year.

fr8dog

even though i wish your FO would draft Mark Sanchez i think your correct on what the Jets should do. Ride it out with Clemens & co. and draft a highly touted prospect next year

I agree but we haven't seen anything from the other Brett yet. I don't know why your sold on him.

Point is we wont know until camp. But I've seen enough from Kellen Clemens to know he wont be anything other than a backup. Watching him in '07 made me want to vomit. Ratliff showed upside, Im not completely sold on him but im interested to see what he can do.

Point is we wont know until camp. But I've seen enough from Kellen Clemens to know he wont be anything other than a backup. Watching him in '07 made me want to vomit. Ratliff showed upside, Im not completely sold on him but im interested to see what he can do.

If I had to pick between the two, I'll go with Ratliff for sure. I agree with you, I don't think Hellen Clemens will ever be more than a backup.

I want someone with experience tho.

I'm guessing it's going to be up in the air between KC and Rat. Garcia might come here and now I can see us drafting Freeman if he does good in the combine and personal workouts. Other then that there really isn't anyone out there.

FA -

Warner - Will resign

Collins - Will resign

Berlin - Will resign

Fitzpatrick - Pretty much what we have

Leftwich - Maybe if he gets his head on and remembers he can play

Garcia - Old but might have one or two years left as a starter

Draft -

We'd have to trade up to get Stafford or Sanchez and I don't think either are worth it.

Freeman - Maybe if he earns a 17th pick but right now it's a huge reach.

So basically we picked one of the worst years not to have a starting QB.

That being said I think Rat is going to be our starter for more games next year then anyone else. Garica or Leftwich might be added as a vet back up but I don't think they'll start unless Rat sucks.

I think they throw sh!t at the wall and see what sticks.

The Giants resigned David Carr, which is a little disappointing. He's a guy I would've given a chance to - although the fact that he signed on so early to continue as a backup probably says a lot about his mental condition.

So Losman, Grossman, Fitzpatrick? I hope they don't go old.

Of course, Brooks Bollinger is available, too.

Ideally, to be drawn and quartered.

Archived