Who will be our QB?

Ghost

• Replies 70
  • Created
  • Last Reply
in other words, the only viable candidate is collins. great, another fossil.

no, I just think they will add a guy

clemens and ratliff will be given a chance

no way they annoint a guy starter, rookie HC's only have one chance to say "every job is open", and ryan won't let the competition edge slip away unless they trade up to draft a guy

no, I just think they will add a guy

clemens and ratliff will be given a chance

no way they annoint a guy starter, rookie HC's only have one chance to say "every job is open", and ryan won't let the competition edge slip away unless they trade up to draft a guy

agreed. I just dont see any FA qb's that I think are better options outside what we have. Garcia is ok, but hes another old qb with maybe 1 or 2 years left. I know people talk about finding that franchise qb but bringing in a vet to start doesn't exactly start that up.

And what is with all this crap on ESPN radio saying well its gotta be someone big cause its a PSL year, they need to sell them and then one of the idiot announcers starting talking out his a$$ and said the Jets should pursue Mike Vick. Are you f'ing kidding me?? First I don't care about the PSL's but bringing Vick here is certainly not gonna help that case. And secondly, Vick has never been consistent and will do like some other fan mentioned if he comes here, I will stop rooting for the Jets.

behind a much better offensive line,clemens will surprise people.ryan will definetely lean on the run game and keep clemens in manageable situations.alot of people say clemens was given a shot in 07,but come on,elway wouldnt have played any better behind that o-line. which was probably the worst i have ever seen in the pros

Brett Ratliff, hands down. No other QB on the roster combines his unique skillset:

-Arm strength of Brett Favre

-Poise of Joe Montana

-Pocket presence of Tom Brady

-Accuracy of Peyton Manning

-Heart of a lion

-Brain of Stephen Hawking

-Speed of Thompson's Gazelle

-Soul of Jesus

I'm sure I'm forgetting some, feel free to add to this list.

The FA QB's that are out there are not worth more than league minimum which their egos won't let them play for. SO DON'T DO IT.

What we got:

Kellen. Has three years in the system and a hand full of starts. I think the guy has been the victim of some poor HC decisions regarding reluctance to pull injured starters. He has GOT to regain some confidence and get rid of those fraking happy feet and learn to move around a bit to give himself better passing lanes.

Ratliff. Great size, big arm and a year plus in the system. Did some really good work against second and third string competition in PS. But that's what you're supposed to do when you're better. Right?

Ainge. Great height, 6'5" but needs to go on the Tony Saragosa diet. Smart kid, did some good work at Tenn. Had been banged up during camp. So now after a year of learning the system and hopefully healthy, let him compete.

I've said it before, Lets dance with who we bring. I don't want to see a repeat of last years helter skelter that brought in the sexy but ancient FA at the expense of another player who puts up "Comeback Player of the Year" numbers elsewhere.

Archived