Kemoeatu stays with Steelers for less money!!

Jetsfan1015

Life of a Jets fan continue

http://www.nydailynews.com/blogs/jets/

Kemoeatu to stay with Steelers

February 27, 2009

The Jets are still in the market for Brandon Moore's replacement. Chris Kemoeatu has decided to stay with the Steelers, according to a source.

It was looking good for the Jets, who offered a four-year deal for $16.8 million (with roughly $7 million in guarantees), but the hulking guard took less to stay in Pittsburgh. He'll sign a five-year, $20 million deal, including about $6 million in guarantees.

Earlier today, the Steelers told Kemoeatu they were bowing out, but he kept calling them, seemingly determined to stay with the super Bowl champs.

Oh, well, Free agency is a fluid business. Things change by the minute.

Going after the Mad Hawaian obviously meant that the Jets first intention was to merely replace Moore and not having to reconfigure the OLine.

This is a blow if they can't find an actual replacement. More evidence that the Jets should have waited before relasing Moore. His RB was not due until 3/5.

Going after the Mad Hawaian obviously meant that the Jets first intention was to merely replace Moore and not having to reconfigure the OLine.

This is a blow if they can't find an actual replacement. More evidence that the Jets should have waited before relasing Moore. His RB was not due until 3/5.

DING DING DING! You posted it right before I wanted to say. They better land Andrews or this could be a HUGE issue going into the draft

Eesh. This I did not know... bad move Tanny. Let's hope we can find a suitable replacement. Is there anyone in the draft?

No, it just says they liked Kemoeatu better then the other alternatives. You're attempting to read way too much into something that just isn't there.

Now it's time for Plan B, which most likely is still not Brandon Moore.

Waited for what? The decision was made when the extension was inked in September 2007. Neither the fact that we were going to have to plow a bunch of resources into the line the next offseason nor the fact that we'd subsequently need to resign D'Brick and Mangold was beyond anybody's contemplation. The the deal was never going to be redone absent a new CBA to say nothing of actually paying the bonus.

Waited for what? The decision was made when the extension was inked in September 2007. Neither the fact that we were going to have to plow a bunch of resources into the line the next offseason nor the fact that we'd subsequently need to resign D'Brick and Mangold was beyond anybody's contemplation. The the deal was never going to be redone absent a new CBA to say nothing of actually paying the bonus.

Which is all true.

I think the concern is not having a back up plan, especially if you have known for as long as we have...

Moron.

He loves his team so much he took less $$$

That's old school, for sure, Bronzey. I wouldn't leave a team like the Steeler's either, especially for the Jets, who--annually-- find new ways of going into "cluster f**k mode". I wish that Rex Ryan will build this kind of respect, loyalty, and camaraderie with our team.

Which is all true.

I think the concern is not having a back up plan, especially if you have known for as long as we have...

There is no backup plan. There's no plan. Why would we have a plan? We don't even have a quarterback. We're going to find a replacement through normal means because that's what you do when you lose a Brandon Moore. You don't fret about having a plan for filling the one spot on the line not occupied by a first round pro bowl type. Sure, if you're going to cut a starter in camp you need to have a plan, but right now replacing Moore is something to fit in between doing more important things. You think we'd have lost out on a guy coming out of Pittsburgh of all places if we really wanted him?

That's old school, for sure, Bronzey. I wouldn't leave a team like the Steeler's either, especially for the Jets, who--annually-- find new ways of going into "cluster f**k mode". I wish that Rex Ryan will build this kind of respect, loyalty, and camaraderie with our team.

Can't say I disagree with anything you posted here.

There is no backup plan. There's no plan. Why would we have a plan? We don't even have a quarterback. We're going to find a replacement through normal means because that's what you do when you lose a Brandon Moore. You don't fret about having a plan for filling the one spot on the line not occupied by a first round pro bowl type. Sure, if you're going to cut a starter in camp you need to have a plan, but right now replacing Moore is something to fit in between doing more important things. You think we'd have lost out on a guy coming out of Pittsburgh of all places if we really wanted him?

Disagree. When you don't have a QB or a WR corps and intend to be a smashmouth team because that's all you can do then you need a top tier O-line.

Archived